Weekly ROH TV Thread (on Sinclair Networks)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Marketh.

Re: ROH TV Show Discussion Thread

Post by Marketh. »

So you're upset about a syndrome you made up is what you're saying?
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Marketh. wrote:So you're upset about a syndrome you made up is what you're saying?
Just a name I have for it but you're telling me it doesn't exist then I just don't know what to say. I'm sure you can find similar posts about Mike Bennett in the old cached ROHforum archives.

But let's just end this discussion and talk about this weeks TV show. There are plenty of people here on the forum that recognize the pattern how people react to guys that don't feel the need to do unneeded crazy moves to get over.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Why is anything Tadarius does unneeded and crazy? His moves are simple and they're cool.

If you can't tell the difference between someone who's a good worker that just isn't spotty and someone who simply does nothing interesting whatsoever, to the point where you think people who believe this about two people have a problem, then I don't know what to say. If anything, "Mike Bennett Syndrome" means those who justify a lack of excitement and evidence of talent by calling others spotty.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Marketh. wrote:Why is anything Tadarius does unneeded and crazy? His moves are simple and they're cool.

If you can't tell the difference between someone who's a good worker that just isn't spotty and someone who simply does nothing interesting whatsoever, to the point where you think people who believe this about two people have a problem, then I don't know what to say. If anything, "Mike Bennett Syndrome" means those who justify a lack of excitement and evidence of talent by calling others spotty.
*sigh* Some people just don't get it.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

You've got that right.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Marketh. wrote:You've got that right.
Indeed I do
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm holding out hope for QT. So far he really hasn't shown a lot, but then again he's been in a quick four way and a squash match. I'm hoping when he starts having matches with established talent, with a good amount of time, he shows us what he showed ROH to give him a contract.

I see what YimYac is saying, the same sort of thing happened with Mike Bennett, he got a lot of "you can't wrestle" chants, but I think recently he has proved that he can. However, by no strech of the imagination is he a good worker, he's a mic worker first and foremost, but can still put on good matches if in there with the right person.

However, so far he has been fairly boring, he hasn't shown anything. So I think the critisism he's receiving is somewhat warranted.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

YimYac wrote:
Marketh. wrote:Why is anything Tadarius does unneeded and crazy? His moves are simple and they're cool.

*sigh* Some people just don't get it.
Yes, since even though more people are disagreeing as opposed to actually understanding your warped points, you and the few people agreeing with you are definitely the few that "get it". That makes perfect, logical sense.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Anyway...

So this weeks show started off strong. Bravados vs SCUM was great and having Martini on commentary is always a good thing. After the match there was a HoT vs SCUM brawl where Rhino gave Steen an awesome Gore.

We then had a strange segment where Jay Lethal (or is it Letheel now?) low blowed Matt Taven and then beat up the referee. I'm not sure if this is a full blown heel turn or what, the crowd seemed to love it.

Then the main event was Guardians of Truth vs Rhett Tootus. This match was alright, nothing that special. I can't really remember anything that interesting happening. After the match, Corino/Jacobs brawled with the GoT. And then the show just sort of cut off and ended awkwardly in my opinion.

It seems really obvious that the two tag matches should've swapped places. The opening tag match was much better, and ended with Rhino standing over Steen. Sounds like a much better ending to a show than what we got.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I don't know, since Border Wars my interst in the TV show is pretty dead. I mean it's almost always fun to watch but i can watch the show after a week and i won't feel like i'm missing anything.

So i watched the show. Bravados vs SCUM was fun but the crowd was really dead (and the venue looked horrible imo). The Gore looked good. Main Event was sad to watch. Meh.
MOOSE!
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Definitely the weakest TV episode I've seen in awhile. Bravados vs. Scum had some nice moments, but the crowd didn't seem sure who to root for, and if the idea is to portray them as a more serious team then the Bravados really need to change their look.

The Lethal segment was interesting, we'll see where it goes.

They're doing their best to build interest in Steen vs. Rhino, and while I'm more interested in seeing it now than I was when I first read the spoilers, it's still kinda weak for what is supposed to be one of the biggest shows of the year.

Guardians vs. Haas and Titus was okay at best. The match never got much of a flow going, people aren't very interested in the Haas/Titus storyline, and they don't seem interested in the Guardians in the least.

Overall a very blah episode. The TV show has generally been really good the last couple of months, though, so I guess I can forgive them the occasional clunker. Things look to be back on track for next week with Briscoes vs. Blk Out and Cole vs. Elgin.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Wrestling wise was a bland week but i think it was a decent show, you had Lethal showing personality finally (huge pop for him) and the SCUM thing is a good thing the problem is that you already knew because of the spoilers and that take away the surprise. I like the factions war too.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

The worst thing about this episode and one of the worst things ROH has going on right now is whoever fucking rings the fucking bell.
Last Real Man Hype
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

BigTChamp wrote:Definitely the weakest TV episode I've seen in awhile. Bravados vs. Scum had some nice moments, but the crowd didn't seem sure who to root for, and if the idea is to portray them as a more serious team then the Bravados really need to change their look.
Agreed. They've certainly improved and are definitely more crisp in-ring, but their look is still awful. They can keep the gentlemen gimmick without looking like total jobbers.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Jeremy wrote:
BigTChamp wrote:Definitely the weakest TV episode I've seen in awhile. Bravados vs. Scum had some nice moments, but the crowd didn't seem sure who to root for, and if the idea is to portray them as a more serious team then the Bravados really need to change their look.
Agreed. They've certainly improved and are definitely more crisp in-ring, but their look is still awful. They can keep the gentlemen gimmick without looking like total jobbers.
I think their outrageous look with the Pink, sweaters and grandma patterns on their tights make them stand out. Considering how serious ROH takes everything I think it's unique to have a look that isn't as serious.

I'd compare it to Damien Sandow's bright pink tights, it draws your eye and stands out unlike generic black tights.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Outside of a perfectly fun Bravados/SCUM match, this might be the worst or at least most boring episode of ROH yet.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Marketh. wrote:The worst thing about this episode and one of the worst things ROH has going on right now is whoever fucking rings the fucking bell.
So much this. But i think it's Veda Scott, no?
MOOSE!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

DieHard wrote:
Marketh. wrote:The worst thing about this episode and one of the worst things ROH has going on right now is whoever fucking rings the fucking bell.
Have we run out of things to complain about?

I thought complaining about show names was bad.

I'd like to add that I'm incredibly displeased at the redness of the ring ropes!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

YimYac wrote:
DieHard wrote:

I'd like to add that I'm incredibly displeased at the redness of the ring ropes!
Lol it's just really annoying
MOOSE!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

DieHard wrote:
YimYac wrote:
DieHard wrote: So much this. But i think it's Veda Scott, no?

Lol it's just really annoying
Veda Scott, or whoever it is, ringing a bell non-stop whenever there's a brawl in the ring (at least one of these occurs per show) is far more annoying because it actually effects the show. I don't give a fuck about what's going on in the ring, because I'm distracted by an annoying, repetitive, unnecessary noise. Most promotions when doing this will just do it a couple times, get the picture that bell-ringing does nothing, then leave it at that. This goes on for the majority of the segment.

Does it sound like a trivial matter? Yes, but this has gone on for months now and has a more apparent presence on a show than it's name, or the lack of TJ Perkins, or QT Marshall's presence and a number of other things people complain about nowadays. So what if it's minute? They could just as easily tone it down as they could literally hammer it home.
Last Real Man Hype