Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DougN

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by DougN »

"Forgive and forget" but brings up an unverified instance from years ago in relation to Homicide. And calls people hypocrites.

Checks out.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

DougN wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:35 am "Forgive and forget" but brings up an unverified instance from years ago in relation to Homicide. And calls people hypocrites.

Checks out.
Did I say I wanted any of them fired or blackballed? Nope. Never said anything close to that. Nice try tho.
DougN

Post by DougN »

his statements were ignorant but I don’t hold people to a standard of “one strike & your done”. I forgive and forget. Others should do the same but for some reason people can’t let Jay thing go but can let other things go.
i guess saying you wanna rape people isn't violence, only jay's tweet is violence. we all know if roles were reversed sammy would be talked about as "immature & now understands the gravity of his words " and jay would be shunned as "that white supremacist who wants to rape black women".
I’m so over this briscoe bullshit, homicide did a promo in AAW in 2018 or 2019 where he dropped n-word,f-word and many others. Crowd was horrified and all he did was say sorry the next day and everyone moved on but with jay he needs to be punished.
Let's all just forget things, except when we're trying to defend a bad take.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

indyfan wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:34 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:53 pm
indyfan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:48 pm

What matches?

outakes arent shown to the public so theres no way to verify this.
I can't give you show names off the top of my head but I was ringside in Columbus(the shitty concert venue, not the fairgrounds) for one in particular where Jay yelled the word and I looked at my buddy and said "welp that's still going on I guess."
The only thing i can say to that is....a slip of the tongue.... I mean i have to make sure i dont swear in front of my kids...sometimes it still slips out.

im not buying he hasnt changed from what you re saying.
It shouldn't be in the vocabulary. Slip of the tongue is a shit excuse.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

supersonic wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:50 am
indyfan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:48 pm

What matches?

outakes arent shown to the public so theres no way to verify this.
I can't give you show names off the top of my head but I was ringside in Columbus(the shitty concert venue, not the fairgrounds) for one in particular where Jay yelled the word and I looked at my buddy and said "welp that's still going on I guess."
https://twitter.com/koromodako/status/9 ... Ewz53jkrCg
This isn't a shock at all.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:48 am

The only thing i can say to that is....a slip of the tongue.... I mean i have to make sure i dont swear in front of my kids...sometimes it still slips out.

But its part of the english vocabulary. it even has two meanings. Im not saying that makes it valid but not everyone simply erases words from their vocabulary like its a microsoft word dictionary.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

DougN wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:11 pm
his statements were ignorant but I don’t hold people to a standard of “one strike & your done”. I forgive and forget. Others should do the same but for some reason people can’t let Jay thing go but can let other things go.
i guess saying you wanna rape people isn't violence, only jay's tweet is violence. we all know if roles were reversed sammy would be talked about as "immature & now understands the gravity of his words " and jay would be shunned as "that white supremacist who wants to rape black women".
I’m so over this briscoe bullshit, homicide did a promo in AAW in 2018 or 2019 where he dropped n-word,f-word and many others. Crowd was horrified and all he did was say sorry the next day and everyone moved on but with jay he needs to be punished.
Where did i say i wanted them fired. Still waiting.......... And using someone as an example is what people do to debate. Or should we refer to them as Person A and Person B if that makes you feel better.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Samoa Joe vs. Trent Beretta for ROH Television Championship
AEW Rampage Friday Night
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:16 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:48 am

But its part of the english vocabulary. it even has two meanings. Im not saying that makes it valid but not everyone simply erases words from their vocabulary like its a microsoft word dictionary.
You don't use offensive language out of habit if you're a changed person. The word in question is an offensive slur and has no business coming off anyone's tongue anywhere. The word exists, it has no business being acknowledged or used.
Captain Podcast
DougN

Post by DougN »

Shanahan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:17 pm
Where did i say i wanted them fired. Still waiting.......... And using someone as an example is what people do to debate. Or should we refer to them as Person A and Person B if that makes you feel better.
I didn't say you said that. This isn't a debate. This is you just throwing random things out to distract and mix up a conversation. You're acting in bad faith because you're cherry picking what to respond to over and over again and any time someone calls you on something, you immediately pivot.

You're saying over and over again that you "never said that" when you literally typed the words "I forgive and forget" AFTER bringing up other examples meaning you clearly did not forget. I didn't say you called for them to have X,Y,Z happen to them. I'm saying this pedestal you put yourself up by saying "I forgive and forget" is made up of pure shit when you're the one bringing up other examples so quickly, one of which is unsubstantiated from years ago, something you still haven't clarified or addressed because again, when someone calls you on something, you immediately pivot. You do this on every single thing you chime on.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

DougN wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:41 am
Shanahan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:17 pm

I didn't say you said that. This isn't a debate. This is you just throwing random things out to distract and mix up a conversation. You're acting in bad faith because you're cherry picking what to respond to over and over again and any time someone calls you on something, you immediately pivot.

You're saying over and over again that you "never said that" when you literally typed the words "I forgive and forget" AFTER bringing up other examples meaning you clearly did not forget. I didn't say you called for them to have X,Y,Z happen to them. I'm saying this pedestal you put yourself up by saying "I forgive and forget" is made up of pure shit when you're the one bringing up other examples so quickly, one of which is unsubstantiated from years ago, something you still haven't clarified or addressed because again, when someone calls you on something, you immediately pivot. You do this on every single thing you chime on.
I’ve been consistent. I think outrage over jay and blackballing is ridiculous. The “forgive and forget” doesn’t mean I can’t bring up other examples to prove hypocrisy. I’m not calling for anyone to be fired or punished.You seem like a child with this “he said forget but oh oh oh…look….. he remembers”…..
DougN

Post by DougN »

The only thing you are consistent about is your lack of intelligence. Please continue to cherry pick your arguments and claim the moral high ground on fallacies, only to then shake your head when someone calls you out on that.

How's that banana by the way?
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

it seems Shanahan simply used an unverified example to ask the question why does Homicide get a pass but Jay Briscoe doesnt.

Thats not cherry picking...thats using another example or simply changing the variables. variables being Homicide instead of Jay Briscoe and racist rhetoric instead of homophobia.

This is a pretty normal practice.

the example of Homicide not being verifiable isnt the point of bringing up the example in the first place. its the hypocrisy of it.

DougN you are trying to spin it around saying Shanahan shouldnt care or bring up the Homicide incident because Shanahan is saying he forgives and forgets( ala Briscoe example)But he only brought it up to ask why people would be ok with the Homicide example and not extend the same view on the Briscoe example.

in the end they should both should be forgiven.

And you guys should kiss and makeup
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Wondering if Wheeler Yuta will still be ROH Pure Champion when he debuts in NJPW Best of The Super Juniors 29 on May 15th.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:05 pm Wondering if Wheeler Yuta will still be ROH Pure Champion when he debuts in NJPW Best of The Super Juniors 29 on May 15th.
i think so. would be dumb to build him up and then let him lose the title with no build
Montana

Post by Montana »

A few changes to the ROH website from what I’ve noticed:

No longer a roster page, but has a champions sections. List all the ROH champs, including the 6 man champs, righteous with Vincent. Wonder if that means TK May use them in the future.

The ROH store is completely revamped with pro wrestling tee’s. Has “old school” ROH shirts for sale. Has some AEW ppv’s DVD’s for sale. I’m guessing they plan to add more over time, but looks good.

I’m guessing these changes went in, since TK took over ownership in the past week or so.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Philadelphia this Sunday.

"Delirious returns to NJPW action when he faces Ariya Daivari. The masked maniac will be battling on STRONG for the first time, against a foe in Daivari who has finally embraced his true, evil form. Can Delirious outlast the Persian Lion?"
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Just saw the new Logo.

fuck.......
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

That's the basic of it, there's several renderings all in black and white. That's how it works when you're trademarking something such as a logo and such. Hold judgement till the full colored one is released.
AnHonorableMention

Captain_44 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:55 pm That's the basic of it, there's several renderings all in black and white. That's how it works when you're trademarking something such as a logo and such. Hold judgement till the full colored one is released.
It's also the TBS Network font so, corporate synergy a concept previous management didn't know.
Captain Podcast