Official Supercard of Honor VIII (New Orleans) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Supercard of Honor VIII (New Orleans) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Double D wrote:It's highly likely there'll be an autograph signing before this, right?
Most likely, but they usually don't announce who will be apart of it until the week before the show.
beast41

Post by beast41 »

Two weeks away and one match announced. Sad.
RacingBoy

Post by RacingBoy »

Another Briscoe title shot what a joke. So much talent in ROH and Cole gets stuck feuding with that spot monkey.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

RacingBoy wrote:Another Briscoe title shot what a joke. So much talent in ROH and Cole gets stuck feuding with that spot monkey.
LMAO how the fuck is Jay a spot monkey at all?

But yeah kinda weird they have announced like nothing for this show yet
beast41

Post by beast41 »

I get there's a show this weekend, but really no excuse. They had the full card announced last year before the Asheville show, and have had more than this announced for shows with shows ahead of them.

I've never seen the indies dump as hard on WM weekend as they have this year. Between ROH, Gabe, and SHIMMER.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Good thing ROH isn't an indie then, those indie companies should probably step-up though :)

And it's irrelevant whether they announce the card this far ahead of schedule or not. So many wrestling fans will be in New Orleans that weekend there is no way they won't go to see a Ladder War. Cause you know Jay Briscoe is known for hitting them spots off the ladder and all. ;)
beast41

Post by beast41 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Good thing ROH isn't an indie then, those indie companies should probably step-up though :)

And it's irrelevant whether they announce the card this far ahead of schedule or not. So many wrestling fans will be in New Orleans that weekend there is no way they won't go to see a Ladder War. Cause you know Jay Briscoe is known for hitting them spots off the ladder and all. ;)
You are a fucking idiot.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

The Ladder War sells the card by itself. Roderick Strong vs Cedric Alexander was basically confirmed in a newswire a few days ago, also. I'm sure Dayton will give an indication as to how the rest of the card will round out.
beast41

Post by beast41 »

SteenMark23 wrote:The Ladder War sells the card by itself. Roderick Strong vs Cedric Alexander was basically confirmed in a newswire a few days ago, also. I'm sure Dayton will give an indication as to how the rest of the card will round out.
That's why there are people on Twitter who haven't decided what show to attend yet.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I can say that in 2010 I waited for the lineups and went with DGUSA going head-to-head with ROH because it looked much better on paper, and also wasn't being treated as a B-show.

Skipped the ROH shows in MIA altogether as I had become fed up with whatever the hell Cornette was trying to create.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

supersonic wrote:I can say that in 2010 I waited for the lineups and went with DGUSA going head-to-head with ROH because it looked much better on paper, and also wasn't being treated as a B-show.

Skipped the ROH shows in MIA altogether as I had become fed up with whatever the hell Cornette was trying to create.
You mean 2012? I think they were in Phoenix in 2010.
beast41

Post by beast41 »

TYFDK wrote:
supersonic wrote:I can say that in 2010 I waited for the lineups and went with DGUSA going head-to-head with ROH because it looked much better on paper, and also wasn't being treated as a B-show.

You mean 2012? I think they were in Phoenix in 2010.
I believe he was making two separate points.
The Dragon Saga

beast41 wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:Good thing ROH isn't an indie then, those indie companies should probably step-up though :)

You are a fucking idiot.
If I'm an idiot you're mentally retarded; least you can pick up those government benefits now, enjoy.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Anyone wish this was named something other than "Supercard?" I mean, I'm sure I'll like the card, but nothing about it is probably going to be any more "super" than any other big card. Especially with the Bucks not there, and the upcoming NJPW shows I don't really see them bringing in outside talent.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

None of them have been supercards since Gabe got canned.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Anyone wish this was named something other than "Supercard?" I mean, I'm sure I'll like the card, but nothing about it is probably going to be any more "super" than any other big card. Especially with the Bucks not there, and the upcoming NJPW shows I don't really see them bringing in outside talent.
The fifth ever Ladder War doesn't make it "more super" than another big card? Also, the Hooligans are coming in for these shows.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

When I think of Supercard of Honor, I think of part-time or one-off special attractions both domestic and international. Feud ending classics. Superb storyline segments. Phenomenal workrate. Multiple MOTYCs (on a general consensus perspective.)

I think of Do Fixer vs. Blood Generation. Jacobs vs. Whitmer. GeNext vs. Styles/Sydal. KOW vs. MCMG. Black vs. Strong. KENTA vs. Richards. ROH vs. CZW heating up. Danielson vs. Strong. McGuinness vs. Aries.
The Dragon Saga

The end to Cole/Briscoe in the fifth ever Ladder War isn't good enough?

Plus The Forever Hooligans' first appearance in over six months?

I wish I could say I understand, but I don't. I think you also need to take into context how they have two big shows coming up with NJPW which is why they wouldn't bring over a Japanese talent.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The title doesn't have the same sentimental value that it did while held by Joe, Punk, and Danielson, so this "real champion" shit comes across hollow to me. To be fair, most championships don't mean much throughout numerous federations anymore.

Should be a great ladder match though. Just doesn't have the truly engaging angle going into it that would really hook me.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I'm still hoping an Alex Shelley return here if it's not for Flyin' High.
ImageImage