Joe gets a nod on WWE.com

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Kikuchiyo

Re: Joe gets a nod on WWE.com

Post by Kikuchiyo »

He's put on a few pounds since then.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

A possibility joe will be signed when tna deal is up lets hope joe vs punk mania
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

EcwHardCore07 wrote:A possibility joe will be signed when tna deal is up lets hope joe vs punk mania
He isn't going anywhere unless TNA grants him his release since he signed a 4 year deal in 2011.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

EcwHardCore07 wrote:A possibility joe will be signed when tna deal is up
These lists are written by smarky interns with no other purpose than to fill up WWE.com's front page. Tiger Mask and Kevin Sullivan are on the list too, yet I doubt they're getting signed.
EcwHardCore07 wrote:lets hope joe vs punk mania
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Smile

Post by Smile »

Contrary to what fans believe, not every wrestler is enamored by the WWE. Samoa Joe and AJ Styles are two of those wrestlers.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

AJ was offered a developmental contract back in the day

It wasn't enough money to support his family so he declined.
tated250

Post by tated250 »

I knew AJ personally when this all went down the money wasnt the real reason that he turned it down it was that his wifes practice was in Atlanta and the WWE wanted him to move to Ohio full time and he did not want to be away from his family for that long of a time if they would of let him come to OVW for the shows while staying in Atlanta he would of signed the contract after that he seemed to lose all intrest in going to the WWE why I can not say but I have the opinion that he felt insulted that they hinted that he was not a good wrestler and need much more seasoning. I also remember asking him later after a Wildside show if he ever saw himself trying the WWE again and he just kind of shrugged his shoulders.
Tate
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

tated250 wrote:I knew AJ personally when this all went down
:roll:
Tree

Post by Tree »

tated250 wrote:I knew AJ personally when this all went down the money wasnt the real reason that he turned it down it was that his wifes practice was in Atlanta and the WWE wanted him to move to Ohio full time and he did not want to be away from his family for that long of a time....
Tate
well, or that his wife was still in college and he didn't want to force her to relocate. http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/200 ... 99561.html
Styles surprised many when he turned down a WWE developmental contract that he was offered.

"I am not by any means cocky, I am honored that they offered me a contract," he said. "Financially I couldn't afford to go up there. My wife was in college and I was the sole provider. It wasn't feasible for me to move to Cincinnati for a developmental deal when I was making nothing. God and family are more important to me. I couldn't do it to my wife."
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

He was rolling his eyes are the part about you saying "I knew AJ personally"...
tated250

Post by tated250 »

If you believe it or not thats fine but you kind of knew everyone that wrestled for Wildside personally if you went to Wildside and if you were ever in that building you will understand, numerous times fans and wrestlers went out to eat stayed in contact emailed and all the rest I remember getting the email that he and Paris were going to WCW at the time. Never really understood why Jimmy Rave never hit it big I never really followed his ROH run and have seen some things posted that would make me think that it did not go well but I always felt he was the most sound of all those guys that came out of Wildside I can remember a I quit match he was in there that was just amazing. I mean really amazing wish I actually had it on and for my personal collection.

Tate