Richards wants Wolves vs. O'Reilly & Fish at Final Battle

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Richards wants Wolves vs. O'Reilly & Fish at Final Battle

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/americ ... s-reunited
Last weekend on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV we witnessed Davey Richards attempt to reconcile his differences with former protege & training partner Kyle O'Reilly. Suffice it to say that things did not go as Richards planned when Kyle lured him in with a handshake and then, quite literally, swept the rug out from underneath The American Wolf. Richards retaliated, trapping Kyle in the ankle lock, but Bobby Fish...the sometime Pro Wrestling NOAH tag partner of Eddie Edwards...hit the ring to lay out Davey and side with O'Reilly. Fish then put Davey into a Crossface while Kyle verbally lambasted his former ally, telling him that he had pushed everyone away and that there was no one left to help him.

After the attack, Davey apparently confronted ROH Match Maker Nigel McGuinness looking for a match against the two men who had just laid him out. Nigel questioned just who Davey would get for his partner as he was not going to sanction a handicap match here and Richards asked that his former American Wolves mate Eddie Edwards be made his partner for “Final Battle 2012: Doomsday” on December 16th!

The American Wolves have not united in over a year, since “Gateway to Honor” & the 11/12/11 edition of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, and it certainly seemed like the concept of Richards and Edwards as a team died after their collision at “Final Battle 2011”. Yet at “Glory by Honor XI” after Richards fell to Jay Lethal, passing out in the Koji Clutch, Eddie made the first attempt...at least first PUBLIC attempt...to reconcile as he checked on his former championship partner.

With Eddie currently competing in Japan for NOAH, we don't have a direct answer as of yet to Richards' request but Davey seemingly has all of the faith that Eddie will show up.

“I took Davey's request into consideration.” said Nigel to ROHWrestling.com, “And quite honestly mate I know that I would love to see The American Wolves reunite even if it's just for one night and I would be willing to be the fans would as well. So effective immediately, it will be The American Wolves of Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards taking on Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish at Final Battle 2012! The ball is now in Eddie's court though. I e-mailed him, informing him that the match has been booked and that if Eddie doesn't want it, then so be it BUT if he doesn't want to be there, well then I suppose he just won't be wrestling on the show at all.”

What will Eddie Edwards have to say about this when he gets back from NOAH? Will we finally see The American Wolves, one of the most dominating teams in ROH history, reunite? And even if they do, will the nascent duo of O'Reilly & Fish spoil that reunion for everybody? We will all find out at “Final Battle 2012: Doomsday” on December 16th!
donkitrk99

Re: Richards wants Wolves vs. O'Reilly & Fish at Final Battl

Post by donkitrk99 »

odds of a Eddie/O'Reilly/Fish group? the only thing that doesn't add up is that whoever Davey recruited to help would likely overshadow O'Reilly and Fish and that really throws off the face/heel dynamic... I suppose they could also use them to build O'Reilly/Fish into top guys for when the break occurs...
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

That match is going to be amazing.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Awesome
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Still feels too soon. Would rather two singles for now.
Last Real Man Hype
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

I hope O'Reilly/Fish stay as a team. Them and the Wolves would be two huge additions to the tag division.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Marketh. wrote:Still feels too soon. Would rather two singles for now.
I tend to agree but hope match quality wins out and on December 17th nobody is talking about the rushed build to the match!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Should be great :D Definitely looking forward to Final Battle
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

This is going to be great match or great angle if Edwards going O´Reilly & Bobby Fish
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Agreed on rushing the match, but having two singles would make Final Battle a 9 match show and that would be too much in my opinion. This match should be awesome.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

SteenMark23 wrote:I hope O'Reilly/Fish stay as a team. Them and the Wolves would be two huge additions to the tag division.
I agree, they need to figure out how to revive the tag division. You're proposed solution would definitely be an attractive option.
Oh yeah and the match will be all kinds of awesome, should be MOTN behind the Ladder War
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BTW10 wrote:
Agreed on rushing the match, but having two singles would make Final Battle a 9 match show and that would be too much in my opinion. This match should be awesome.
Final Battle is already a Nine Match Show
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Disagree. They're (Davey & Eddie) both floundering in singles right now. I think they need the tag division and the tag division desperately need them right now.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

And if you guys watched that shoot Davey did he says how he thinks he and Eddie should be tagging, so I'm pretty sure they're back full time.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
Disagree. They're (Davey & Eddie) both floundering in singles right now. I think they need the tag division and the tag division desperately need them right now.
Agreed with wrestling matters on this one
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

When you look at it that way, yes. When you look at their bipolar storyline relationship, no. Does it really only take a few losses, a lack of hating anyone but Kyle and Davey losing to Lethal to make them wanna team again after that massive Severn omnishambles?
Last Real Man Hype
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Marketh. wrote:When you look at it that way, yes. When you look at their bipolar storyline relationship, no. Does it really only take a few losses, a lack of hating anyone but Kyle and Davey losing to Lethal to make them wanna team again after that massive Severn omnishambles?
Well after the Final Battle match Davey did say that if Eddie ever wanted to be friends with him again he'll be waiting for him.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

If I recall, Eddie took that as Davey being condescending to him, which he pretty much was, since the storyline was so messed up that the most sympathetic character (Eddie) was being talked up as the guy in the wrong.
Last Real Man Hype
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
BTW10 wrote:
Final Battle is already a Nine Match Show
Right. Forgot about that Nana/RD match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BTW10 wrote:Right. Forgot about that Nana/RD match.
Though could that even be considered a match? It'll probably be more of a match/prolonged segment. One of the matches I feel is going to go short. I'd bet Jay Lethal goes crazy over not getting a title shot and he kills Rhino in 60 seconds or beats him up really bad, or something like that....