Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
EvanKnight

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by EvanKnight »

famicommander wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:24 am First time the ROH TV title has changed hands on TV since 2018. I mentioned this not too long ago, glad it has been addressed.

Bandido vs Flamita was awesome. My only criticism is that Flamita only sold the leg when it was convenient to the match. Limps when Bandido targets it or at lulls in the action, then suddenly is hopping from the floor to the top and running full speed across the ring with ease. Bandido sold the arm injury the entire time he was on screen.

I didn't need the build up to Milonas turning heel with Bruiser. He should have just done it from the start.
I disagree on the Milonas front. I think it really added a depth to story, make it more realistic (which separates ROH from the WWE), furthered the OGK and gave them a win, and fully introduced a character in an engaging way. The only negative is that they spent the limited time they have on this when there are arguably more important stories not being told. But if ROH had multiple hours a week and this was in addition to other things, I think it was a mid-card home run.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Montana wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:52 am
BurningHammer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:33 am Looks like tapings are starting up again next week, unless Brian Zane is coming to Baltimore just for week to week, he tweeted out a negative test and said he was coming into ROH
Hopefully Andrade is in Baltimore this week....

Should be another good/interesting episode this week. I'm curious to see how things go with FLip & EC3. They've been a bit of an after thought the past month or so post 19th anniversary. Think these guys should be challenging for the ROH title; or a major angle.
This really has been ROH's one glaring week spot post pandemic reboot. Next week's episode is the first continuation of these guys from the last PPV. Something reminded me of Josh Woods the other day, and I had honestly forgot all about the issue between Silas and him. There has been nothing anywhere regarding the two of them since the PPV has there?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Hopefully this isn't about his contract. Hopefully it is about fans returning.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

kovs27 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:02 am
Or him getting another promotion within the company
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:02 am
I don't know if it's about fans but I doubt it's about a contract.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/jonat ... -signs-roh

He just signed in February so unless he signed a 6 month deal that can't be it.

He also chose a picture with ROH turnbuckles and the Pure title in the image. Can't imagine he'd do that if he were announcing a departure.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AAA had a world trios title change today and, for unknown reasons, only had two of the three belts on hand.

AAA gonna AAA.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:24 pm AAA had a world trios title change today and, for unknown reasons, only had two of the three belts on hand.

AAA gonna AAA.
What does this have to do with ROH?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Could maybe be something in regards to the women’s tournament coming in the summer/July.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:34 pm
famicommander wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:24 pm AAA had a world trios title change today and, for unknown reasons, only had two of the three belts on hand.

AAA gonna AAA.
What does this have to do with ROH?
Nothing at all. I just posted it here because there's no AAA thread in the other section and it's not worthy of its own thread. It's not like there was a flowing ROH discussion I've interrupted.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

roh bubble next week.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Going off Brian zane social media he will the backstage interviewer for the next tapings
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

STIRR, and by extension their feeds of STIRR City, Best on the Planet, and Stadium, just launched on Samsung Smart TVs.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Given the video roh posted on their youtube pco and danhausen will form a tag team
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That's a decent use for PCO. He definitely shouldn't be a singles guy at this point.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I really like them putting DanHausen and PCO together. Gives them both purpose; certainly let's them be entertaining together, in their unique ways. I like that DanHausen is kind of like an evil puppet master, with the wild PCO. I'm interested to see where they can go with it.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think it’s a sensible solution for both, it should ultimately hide each’s faults especially as Danhausen looks to improve his in ring work. It can very much play as a classic tag role of Danhausen taking the believable beating while PCO being their for the hot tag.

Hopefully PCO has a lot of knowledge to bestow on Danhausen as he could improve leaps and bounds mentally.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Montana wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:47 am I really like them putting DanHausen and PCO together. Gives them both purpose; certainly let's them be entertaining together, in their unique ways. I like that DanHausen is kind of like an evil puppet master, with the wild PCO. I'm interested to see where they can go with it.
Well, he'd be a very nice and very evil puppet master.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Survival of the fittest returns in June for tv
Montana

Post by Montana »

Seems like odd timing for the SOTF; ... i'm guessing this is setting up for Best in the world? WIth an hour of TV, and the World, Tag, TV, Pure, and Trio's titles all fighting for air time; along with the new women's division. Having SOTF on now; with TV seems like it's not the best timing. Who knows... Maybe they do a few web -exclusives... or it's like an HonorClub Event; that they air highlights on TV. Not sure. :roll:

(Ahh... it was a fan poll on the ROH FB page i see now)

The other thing; with AEW touring running full capacity, mask-less shows... I assume pretty much the whole roster is vaccinated that wants to be. I'm not saying to start running live events, but like maybe less of a bubble; and recording more honorclub/live events. Just a thought.