ROH UK Tour

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
alexsmellzzz

Re: ROH UK Tour

Post by alexsmellzzz »

These cards are pretty standard stuff for ROH. I'll probably watch, though, considering the shows start around noon or earlier pacific time. I remember enjoying past UK shows for this reason. It's a nice change of pace to watch a live streaming show at that time.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I'll probably just watch Friday and Sunday's shows. Saturday looks to be the weakest card.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

do you guys think rush needs to beat clean jeff cobb of we can have a draw or something...

i dont know if cobb stays with roh, so is gonna be interesting..
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Anybody gonna watch this crap?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:51 am Anybody gonna watch this crap?
so respectfull, keep doing it....bravo.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:52 am
I’ll be respectful when you can make a post with no spelling/punctuation errors 😂😂😂
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:02 pm
monster mafia wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:52 am
I’ll be respectful when you can make a post with no spelling/punctuation errors 😂😂😂
I'm not american so i make mistakes.
Last edited by monster mafia on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Watched the last couple matches. Very dead crowd. Hopefully they get louder for some of the bigger matches.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Lethal and Mark Briscoe working very hard here for very little response. Crowd volume definitely has an effect on shows. Takes would-be great matches and turns them into just ok matches. Very unfortunate. Hopefully Sat/Sun shows have bigger, louder crowds.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I'm watching at work so my volume is on low. It doesn't sound very loud. ROH has a long history of getting live crowds to translate to tv.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

LETHAL HEEL TURN
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Lethal heel ...yesss
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If Lethal gets the tag titles his resume will be almost complete
2X ROH World Champion
2X ROH World Television Champion
1X ROH Pure Champion

Needs the tag and trios titles. He's also a 6X X-Division Champion and 1X Tag Champion in TNA/Impact.

Lethal is the only active guy who held the Pure title, thus he's the only guy eligible to hold every ROH title in history. AJ and Joe are in WWE and I think Nigel (obviously), Williams, and Walters are all retired.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I was hoping Lethal and Gresham would get a run as face champs... but Lethal turning heel, so be it. Could be really good.

Thought the show was very good. The crowd didn't bother me. Seemed like they were into most the matches. Taylor/Hendry & Colt/Flamita got pretty good responses. Pretty solid B show. The new talent did well too.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Being there live I can say it was a good, fun show. There was a mixture of the serious, with the far less and a concentration of just getting the crowd to just enjoy themselves and honestly just have a laugh.

I didn’t think the crowd was dead, it was up for moments in matches more often than carrying on throughout every minute of every match. The show was just missing something to blow them away that would have really amped the crowd. Though Taylor vs Hendry felt great live.

I loved the Lethal chair shot, was nicely done.

It felt like the most ROH crowd since they came over with Cole vs Lethal. Also ROH is big in Germany it seems.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Of the matches I got to pay attention to, I thought Hendry/Tayor, Briscoe/Lethal and the main event really stood out.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I was at the show live - getting out of London tonight is carnage!

I thought it was a fun show...but ROH is so so cold right now. It was quite uncomfortable to watch. Tickets so overpriced the venue was circa half full. Meet and Greets so overpriced that most of the wrestlers are basically stood around looking awkward.

I’m 35 years old this year, have been attending wrestling shows most of my life and first went to a York Hall show in the early 00’s - and I can’t ever remember such a sullen atmosphere in that venue. Thats not to say the fans weren’t lively at points and didn’t try - but this product just isn’t sticking right now.

Oh, and so many entrance themes are diabolically unmemorable, bland and flat. Entrances are such an important part of a wrestling presentation - and loads of them suck right now. I’ve thought it on VOD, but the Briscoes theme is dreadful. They are the f*cking Briscoes - but it’s such a forgettable entrance they come out to silence. Removing Scorched Ops from Lethal and replacing it with generic rock was a crap decision.

Dalton’s is good. Cabana’s is obviously great. Silas’ theme I like. I actually like Taylor’s theme. Taven’s is ok. I love Marty’s (but the ‘Villain Enterprises’ stable version is nowhere near as good). Kenny’s music isnt my favourite but the ‘K-I-N-G’ bit at least makes a makes a statement. In all fairness Joe Hendry’s entrance is the best part of his act.

But that’s it. Far too many guys are just trotting out to generic rent-a-themes. And this isn’t just an ‘ROH can’t use bands anymore’ thing. Some of their best themes have happened since they stopped using ‘real’ songs. Adam Cole, Kevin Steen, reDRagon, Mike Bennett, the aforementioned Scorched Ops for Lethal - all jump out in my memory as great Sinclair-era entrances. Why has stuff like that been replaced with such crap?

To get positive, I thought Briscoe/Gresham was outstanding. I could’ve watched them for far longer than they went. I enjoyed the main event, the Lethal heel turn was the highlight of the night, and after a slow start I thought Taylor/Joe was entertaining too.

The quality of the wrestling on the whole was decent. I enjoyed my night. But I came away feeling so disheartened at how brutally corporate, formulaic, and completely disconnected from its audience ROH feels right now. It’s sad. I genuinely don’t know if I’ll see another ROH show live if this seemingly terminal downward trend can’t be halted fast...
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Looks like maybe 100 people in attendance at today's show.

A shame, because Flamita/Tracy Williams vs Marty/Flip is a good match so far. Crazy that ROH has some of the talent they do and yet, they can't draw a decent crowd nowadays. If I'm Marty Scurll wrestling in front of THIS crowd, I'm thinking "wow, what am I doing?" LOL
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:47 am Looks like maybe 100 people in attendance at today's show.

A shame, because Flamita/Tracy Williams vs Marty/Flip is a good match so far. Crazy that ROH has some of the talent they do and yet, they can't draw a decent crowd nowadays. If I'm Marty Scurll wrestling in front of THIS crowd, I'm thinking "wow, what am I doing?" LOL
They're charging like 3-5X what Impact and MLW charge for tickets in most cases.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:21 am
alexsmellzzz wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:47 am Looks like maybe 100 people in attendance at today's show.

They're charging like 3-5X what Impact and MLW charge for tickets in most cases.
It absolutely hurts them in the marketplace. With the oversaturation of quality wrestling in North America you have to be competitively priced. ROH isn't doing themselves any favors.