Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
maxx_powerz

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by maxx_powerz »

famicommander wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:16 pm
maxx_powerz wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 pm Flamita is a really good replacement, but unless he and Speedball bust out a legit MotY candidate that gets people buzzing, the match doesn't do much for ROH. I would have changed the card so each of them wrestled a ROH regular imo.
It depends on whether or not either or both of the two are booked going forward.
Bailey can't work us shows and flamita is an emergency replacement, it seems unlikely.
Montana

Post by Montana »

As much as i'm excited for Flamita coming in for the UK shows, isn't he technically signed to MLW or Dragon Gate, which i believe has like a no-compete clause in the US? Think with these shows being in the UK , could be the exception to the rules.

I could be wrong, but thoughts thats why he never signed in the first place.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:57 am As much as i'm excited for Flamita coming in for the UK shows, isn't he technically signed to MLW or Dragon Gate, which i believe has like a no-compete clause in the US? Think with these shows being in the UK , could be the exception to the rules.

I could be wrong, but thoughts thats why he never signed in the first place.
He doesn't want to give up Dragon Gate.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think with Flamita reports confused agreed dates with signing a contract, in no way shape or form could I see an MLW talent appearing for ROH, even if it's in the UK. Unless there has been some amazing change of heart from both sides, I would be very surprised.

Flamita has always had a lot of loyalty to DG I believe he even turned down New Japan because of it, I don't think he is signed though, I maybe be wrong on that but it might be he has always been an independent.

I hope Flamita does sign even it's a Gresham style deal where he can commit to his indy dates around the world without much worry. Either way I'm really happy I finally get to see him live and especially against Bailey.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

According to Joe Lanza of Voices of Wrestling, Minoru Suzuki and Harold Meij are on their way out of New Japan
Lanza says he has sources in Japan that have told him regarding Suzuki, “if not for the Jushin Liger program, he would be gone already.”

Unconfirmed when or where he’s leaving, but Suzuki is said to be unhappy with his spot in New Japan. The speculated place he’s going next is back to NOAH.

A fuzzier point Lanza made is Harold Meij is said to be leaving New Japan after the 2020 Tokyo Dome shows.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Harold Meij is a company officer of BUSHIROAD(parent company) so leaving New Japan is just back to home.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

wow

BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Great match indeed.

This seems like a booking nightmare though, from all sorts of ways, i'm guessing this may not happen as Lee is meant to be in New Japan for the junior tag league. So maybe a new partner and he takes the pin or a DQ finish, RUSH certainly isn't taking that pin.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

As there seems to have been trouble here are just the links.

RUSH updated his Youtube page with his latest video detailing the days leading up DBD and the title win. (This is completely in spanish but it's farely easy to get around even for me who has very little spanish behind him, if this was German, French, Italian or Japanese I would be a little better.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smw3Tk_A77Y&t=543s

Brian Zane's also put a Vlog of his weekend with ROH, he looks set to be on board further down the line as he will at the Columbus and Pittsburgh shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9EA1FDvAsQ
Last edited by BurningHammer on Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

why we can see the youtube videos and spoilers like old times.? i am the only one that cant see them?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ROH attendance figures: ROH Q3 (Jul.-Sep.) numbers: average of 675 per show (prob. lower), the worst since 2013. A 21% dec. from last year, a 25% dec. from 2 years ago.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:52 am why we can see the youtube videos and spoilers like old times.? i am the only one that cant see them?
I have the same issue.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

NJPW Junior Tag League : no Dragon Lee, no ROH reps.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I really hope Roh does something big soon because it feels like roh doesn't exist right now
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:44 am NJPW Junior Tag League : no Dragon Lee, no ROH reps.
Who could ROH have sent that fits? I would have said Lifeblood but Bandido is injured. Maybe Coast to Coast?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

if roh were really behind coast 2 coast...maybe, but dont
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

It is hard for RoH to send someone there now considering that UK tour is coming up and I think there is some overlap there?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Lynx wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 am It is hard for RoH to send someone there now considering that UK tour is coming up and I think there is some overlap there?
Yes the UK tour is right smack in the middle of Junior tag league.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

hope this doesn't mean Dragon Lee is done with New Japan and roh...dont want the guy to be wasted in wwe.