Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Aew is having a ppv called full gear in November in Baltimore there goes final ticket sales
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:26 pm Aew is having a ppv called full gear in November in Baltimore there goes final ticket sales
New Japan is having a show the same night in San Jose.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:26 pm Aew is having a ppv called full gear in November in Baltimore there goes final ticket sales
If It’s a good time later or before they’ll be fine, also we have no idea how they are going to fare by then. Make the tickets a good price and deliver a card and they’ll be fine. I actually think they a chance of delivering a good crowd.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

How would people feel about David Koresh like personality for Vinny and having his own stable of ‘Hounds of Horror’
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:16 pm How would people feel about David Koresh like personality for Vinny and having his own stable of ‘Hounds of Horror’
Vinny is not ready for leading others. He should do something like slide over to VE. Brody and Vinny could be a fun team. PCO could team with Flip.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm liking VE-TV... Hope to see more of it. This could help build Flip back up, after a slew of injuries.

As for Full Gear about a month before Final Battle in Batlimore... i find it interesting. I imagine AEW knew Final Battle was running there before they booked this PPV there. Maybe they didn't care, but seems kind of like a dick-move. I know they aren't directly competing with ROH, but Baltimore for a PPV seems like an interesting choice, considering ROH has been using Baltimore as kind of a home grounds for TV tapings, etc. (Plus many untapped markets for AEW still)
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Aew Tag division is crazy,

Roh have the bouncers yayyyyy
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:36 am I'm liking VE-TV... Hope to see more of it. This could help build Flip back up, after a slew of injuries.

As for Full Gear about a month before Final Battle in Batlimore... i find it interesting. I imagine AEW knew Final Battle was running there before they booked this PPV there. Maybe they didn't care, but seems kind of like a dick-move. I know they aren't directly competing with ROH, but Baltimore for a PPV seems like an interesting choice, considering ROH has been using Baltimore as kind of a home grounds for TV tapings, etc. (Plus many untapped markets for AEW still)
Baltimore was a big NWA-WCW city as well. It does seem they are trying to cater a little more to the southern United States. I think it's more coincidence than anything else.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:50 am Aew Tag division is crazy,

Roh have the bouncers yayyyyy
And their women division is getting good too
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Dark order sucks so far.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:16 pm How would people feel about David Koresh like personality for Vinny and having his own stable of ‘Hounds of Horror’
Hmmmmmmmm. Vincent should start becoming a crypto-philosophic nothing like the joker's trick Twitter account.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

EvanKnight wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:30 am
Vinny is not ready for leading others. He should do something like slide over to VE. Brody and Vinny could be a fun team. PCO could team with Flip.
Personally I think he is, he’s an underrated promo and knows how to present himself in vignettes and the best thing to do is to get him away from the ring when he’s shown he’s nowhere good enough. The last thing VE need is another member, this doesn’t need to be Bullet Club which washed itself out thanks to so many members.

Really didn’t like VETV when you have such strong characters they should stay in touch with them. I don’t need to know all these guys have the most inane conversations and really aren’t that clever. You’ve got enough creativity in that group to deliver something special. PCO at least gets that with his Monday videos.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:34 am
Hmmmmmmmm. Vincent should start becoming a crypto-philosophic nothing like the joker's trick Twitter account.
Agreed, make him dig deep into the thoughts of the people of world. Pull out those fears people have making them feel comfortable exploring them and having a base for them. For those that lost in society here is your saviour.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Yeah, that dude is fucking terrible. He’s in 1 or 2 decent matches every year, and everything other than that is unwatchable. He’s a heel with a whole buncha gimmicks already and even with those, he draws zero heat. It’s crickets whenever that dude comes out. To call him terrible is a massive understatement. Now TK O’Ryan... he is not the worst, but Vinny is dog shit.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

If Final Battle was in NYC then tickets would have been on sale three weeks ago.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

So the current tag scene is
The Briscoes
PCO and Brody King
Coast 2 Coast
Vinny Marsegila and TK O'Ryan
The Bouncers
Lethal and Gresham
Some combination of Lifeblood
Silas and Woods?
Isom and Nova?

They need fresh meat obviously.

But of the talent they have, they need to push Coast 2 Coast. It's time for these two guys to be thrown in the deep end with the Briscoes. Sink or swim.

Silas and Bruiser was so much better than Bruiser and Milonas or Silas and Woods. They should just stop booking Woods and Milonas.

Vinny and TK never seem to get anywhere. They're just Taven's bros.

Lethal and Gresham should be a regular and full time team. Lethal needs a tag belt to complete the grand slam.

No matter what happens with Marty, I think PCO and King are gold together.

Any two Lifeblood guys would work if they decided to just keep them as a consistent team but it's sort of a rotating thing between Bandido, Williams, Haskins, and Black. I think Haskins and Black would do well together. Black was known mostly for tag team and trios wrestling in WWE and Lucha Underground.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Really the tag division is the pits and needs real investment, like much of the roster,

TK is gone and if Taven is too, Vinny is on own or likely finding another partner, Gresham has been alluding to splitting with Jay and if that comes off that's another team done, I think Willaims and Haskins are a nice fit as a team, I would try and find someone else for Bandido maybe a strong base guy who will allow for some awesome Lucha moves and allow for something a bit different. Well onboard with C2C getting a big push and all the way the to getting the titles. Silas and Woods is a lower card act and would be for someone like the Boys to feud with and try and get over. Isom I would say needs to be on his own.

You've got guys like SOS and Primal Fear from future of Honor who actually look and work regularly as a tag team so I imagine they will be coming in more at some point. I think with SOS ROH just wants them to have more game time before hitting the ground running.

Overall needs a huge amount of work if you want to make it competitive, and ROH needs to find two or three teams that can replace the Briscoes for the future, if they can do that it will really work out.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Bandido and flamita needs to be a Tag team in roh
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

That won't happen as long as Flamita keeps working Dragon Gate.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

PWG always has good lucha guys. ROH should try to get some of those guys.