Global Wars 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Global Wars 2017 Thread

Post by famicommander » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Omega is one guy I could see staying with NJPW long term. He's already a top guy there, he's got access to probably as many ROH/CMLL/PWG/UK bookings as he wants, he actually lives in Japan and speaks Japanese fluently, and NJPW is clearly on the rise right now while WWE is clearly on the decline. Of course the disparity between them is still very large in terms of overall size, but I get the feeling Vince would have to fork over Lesnar/Cena money to pry Kenny away from NJPW. Omega has a chance to be the guy that truly elevates NJPW to mainstream prominence. He is in a unique position because he has all the tools to be a top guy in an American promotion AND a Japanese promotion. He can cut great promos in two languages and he can work pretty much any style of match and get it over.

Okada already makes as much as all but the very top tier in WWE, according to Meltzer. NJPW needs to pay Omega like they do Okada.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:37 pm

famicommander wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:51 pm
Omega is one guy I could see staying with NJPW long term. He's already a top guy there, he's got access to probably as many ROH/CMLL/PWG/UK bookings as he wants, he actually lives in Japan and speaks Japanese fluently, and NJPW is clearly on the rise right now while WWE is clearly on the decline. Of course the disparity between them is still very large in terms of overall size, but I get the feeling Vince would have to fork over Lesnar/Cena money to pry Kenny away from NJPW. Omega has a chance to be the guy that truly elevates NJPW to mainstream prominence. He is in a unique position because he has all the tools to be a top guy in an American promotion AND a Japanese promotion. He can cut great promos in two languages and he can work pretty much any style of match and get it over.

Okada already makes as much as all but the very top tier in WWE, according to Meltzer. NJPW needs to pay Omega like they do Okada.
All of this. If Omega wants to be a top star in an American promotion, he'll ask for more ROH dates and ROH will be more than glad to have him as their champion. If New Japan is willing to pony up the money, he pretty much has nothing to gain by going to WWE and everything to lose.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:09 am

The idea of Kenny Omega in the WWE is nauseating.