Official Field Of Honor 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Field Of Honor 2016 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

monster mafia wrote:well---holly shit.

Nice that we're getting a Intercontinental Title defense!!
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

monster mafia wrote:well---holly shit.

They had a good match in Dayton, though they could have shaved a few minutes off in the middle. It ended strong but went too long overall, and that was the best place to have trimmed it.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

they are really making it hard to not go to Brooklyn.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

a question about seating. do they have chairs set up on the field on all four sides of the ring?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

dark patriot wrote:a question about seating. do they have chairs set up on the field on all four sides of the ring?
Here's what it looked like last year:

dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

thanks for the help.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I want to support ROH I really do but then they do things like this. This card is 10X better than what is booked for the pay per view event. I don't think I would be as upset by this if the company wasn't charging such a high price tag for the ppv. Seems like they also put more thought into Field Of Honor than they did the PPV too which I don't understand considering more people will have the ability to watch the PPV live.

Perhaps one day ROH will have a ROKU channel with an on demand library (they have the content) and they can also broadcast events live so that things like this don't become such an issue. Normally I get 3-4 ppl together and we have ROH ppv parties. We probably still will but it's hard to justify when the 8/27 show looks to be so much better on paper.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

only teams i care about here are war machine and the briscoes

Burnside

Post by Burnside »

That match looks painfully long and bad. Also, belts on the line in a gauntlet match is dumb.

They should just do the four actual ROH teams in a 4-way match, and then have Burger/Ferrara vs Gedo/Yano as opening match comedy (if those guys really MUST be on the card).

Rest of the card is great, though.
Last edited by Burnside on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Under the talent listed to appear, it says only KUSHIDA and Dalton Castle are left, although I'm sure Kamaitachi will be there, and hopefully they have Triton appear for sure to build on the CMLL show and those two face off.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

TYFDK wrote:Under the talent listed to appear, it says only KUSHIDA and Dalton Castle are left, although I'm sure Kamaitachi will be there, and hopefully they have Triton appear for sure to build on the CMLL show and those two face off.
roh said on twitter that titron is not coming to field of honor but they are looking for another future dates.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Aw, bummer.

Wonder if that means a three way between Casle/KUSHIDA/Kamaitachi?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Just noticed Silas Young doesn't have a match either. So I could see Silas/KUSHIDA and Castle/Kamaitachi rounding out the card.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

BrandenScott wrote:I want to support ROH I really do but then they do things like this. This card is 10X better than what is booked for the pay per view event. I don't think I would be as upset by this if the company wasn't charging such a high price tag for the ppv. Seems like they also put more thought into Field Of Honor than they did the PPV too which I don't understand considering more people will have the ability to watch the PPV live.

Perhaps one day ROH will have a ROKU channel with an on demand library (they have the content) and they can also broadcast events live so that things like this don't become such an issue. Normally I get 3-4 ppl together and we have ROH ppv parties. We probably still will but it's hard to justify when the 8/27 show looks to be so much better on paper.
Really ? All the title defenses look better on the PPV than on FOH.
I see only one "we throw everybody in one match because they have to be on the card" and this is the CHAOS vs BC match, while you have the Tag Team championship match and the 8-Man Showdown match on FOH.
Every other matches look very good to great even without The Young Bucks, The M.C.M.G., ACH and Kyle O'Reilly on it.
Assuming KUSHIDA will face Silas Young and Dalton Castle will face Kamaitachi at FOH, i don't see what make you think that the FOH card is "10x better" than the PPV.
ImageImage
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

Burnside wrote:Also, belts on the line in a gauntlet match is dumb.
They aren't, actually.
Now should the Addiction lose the World Tag Team Championship in Las Vegas, they will be entered into the Gauntlet, and the winners would then receive a World Tag Team Championship match at a later date.

Last year's Golden Gauntlet for a Television Championship shot was unpredictable and exciting. This year, the stakes of the gauntlet raise even higher because the winner receives an IMMEDIATE title shot! That's right, whichever team manages to survive the gauntlet must immediately face The Addiction with the ROH World Tag Team Championship on the line!
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

AssShooter wrote:
BrandenScott wrote:I want to support ROH I really do but then they do things like this. This card is 10X better than what is booked for the pay per view event. I don't think I would be as upset by this if the company wasn't charging such a high price tag for the ppv. Seems like they also put more thought into Field Of Honor than they did the PPV too which I don't understand considering more people will have the ability to watch the PPV live.

Really ? All the title defenses look better on the PPV than on FOH.
I see only one "we throw everybody in one match because they have to be on the card" and this is the CHAOS vs BC match, while you have the Tag Team championship match and the 8-Man Showdown match on FOH.
Every other matches look very good to great even without The Young Bucks, The M.C.M.G., ACH and Kyle O'Reilly on it.
Assuming KUSHIDA will face Silas Young and Dalton Castle will face Kamaitachi at FOH, i don't see what make you think that the FOH card is "10x better" than the PPV.
The title matches are better on the PPV (although purely from an in-ring standpoint, FOH has the better main event but lacks DBD's build).

It's definitely not 10x better, but I think the feeling that FOH is superior comes from two points:

- The talent lineup.
As it stands, FOH exclusively has O'Reilly, the Young Bucks, KUSHIDA, ACH, Motor City Machine Guns, War Machine, Gedo, Cheeseburger, and Ferrara.
DBD exclusively has Okada, Guerillas of Destiny, RPG Vice, Kamaitachi, Jay White, and Caprice Coleman.
That's an edge to FOH, especially with Okada and RPG Vice in throw-away matches.

- Top NJPW talent (Tanahashi, Naito, Shibata) is being featured in MUCH more interesting matches at FOH than they are at DBD.

Field of Honor has a great main event, a potential classic in O'Reilly vs Shibata, and what could be a really, really fun 8-man tag. The rest of the undercard feels perfect for a major house show except the gauntlet match which is going to die a death.

DBD has a main event with a great build, a fun tag title match where we all know EVIL is getting pinned, and an undercard that is otherwise very hard to care about or believe is PPV-worthy.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Why isn't Okada there btw ?
ImageImage
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Pick 'Ems have been posted:

http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5115
AssShooter wrote:Why isn't Okada there btw ?
Honestly not sure....
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »