Why Doesn't ROH Sell Old Shows Anymore?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
jorgecavos

Why Doesn't ROH Sell Old Shows Anymore?

Post by jorgecavos »

Excuse my ignorance, as it's been some years since i've regularly followed ROH, but I just dug up my old DVD collection and have been re-watching some killer shows that I attended back in 2003-2006. It made me realize I want to fill in some of the gaps, especially since those shows had some of the best wrestling I can ever remember seeing.

Then I realized that ROH's website doesn't sell anything pre-2011 aside from compilations. Is it because of the TV deal they have? Are they just trying to pretend like early years don't matter and make people forget about them?

The fact that people can't just go on ROH's website and buy any show from their history is a shame. There's so much great content from that time period that people should have the opportunity to experience. Here's to hopefully finding some answers, or another place to buy ROH DVDs, though I really hate the idea of piecing together a bunch of DVDs through ebay.
Big Red Machine

Re: Why Doesn't ROH Sell Old Shows Anymore?

Post by Big Red Machine »

Because they're out of print.
MythRush

Post by MythRush »

Sending you a message
jorgecavos

Post by jorgecavos »

Big Red Machine wrote:Because they're out of print.
I get that... but surely they have them in their archives. How hard would it be to print new ones? Even just as digital downloads. The old DVDs didn't have the best production value, it's not like I'm asking the world here. Printing those old DVDs can't cost much money.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

The most likely explanation is all the unlicensed music used on the shows.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

It probably wouldn't make them a lot of money either
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Montana

Post by Montana »

The other problem with that, is that they'd have hundreds of DVD's in inventory, that would potentially sit there. They almost give DVDs away with some sales.
oldschoolROH

Post by oldschoolROH »

I just recently started re-watching and catching up on shows. I have to wonder if another reason why they don’t resell old shows from like 02-03 is because of the politically incorrect commentary – especially when it comes to The Christopher Street Connection matches. Back when they were originally release some of the commentary during those matches was offensive I’m sure to some, but in the PC climate we live in today the commentary could be deemed highly offensive. So besides music rights I have to think this could be another reason why very early shows aren’t being re-released.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Make sure to visit my stickied thread for nostalgia and recommendations.