Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
IchaelMelgin

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Somehow only watched Era of Honor Begins the other day. I totally forgot about the Christopher Street Connection. Man, the company's come a long way.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

IchaelMelgin wrote:Somehow only watched Era of Honor Begins the other day. I totally forgot about the Christopher Street Connection. Man, the company's come a long way.
"HE SUPLEXED HIM RIGHT ON HIS GAY HEAD!" - Steve Corino, during the first match in ROH history.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

In 2002, I would've found that funny. Then again, I was 10.
Last Real Man Hype
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Burnside wrote:
IchaelMelgin wrote:Somehow only watched Era of Honor Begins the other day. I totally forgot about the Christopher Street Connection. Man, the company's come a long way.
"HE SUPLEXED HIM RIGHT ON HIS GAY HEAD!" - Steve Corino, during the first match in ROH history.
haha, personally I liked just before the match "HE JUST ADMITTED HE WAS GAY!!" and "homo-WHAT?!?". some real middle school flashbacks from that one
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Blurb from Kevin Kelly's View from Ringside that was posted today.
We know who the “big money” players are in Ring of Honor but it is far from a closed group. As the Matchmaker of ROH, Nigel McGuinness is always looking to add names into the mix but it is not a matter of just adding bodies. He is looking for the “undeniable”, those that exude talent, gushing from every pore of their bodies.
I don't know if that was intended, but I love the little nod to Nigel's world title win in what he's looking for in talent.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope we get Tag Wars in the Road to Final Battle shows, tag team division is stacked, they should use that and do a tournament.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Is it plausible for me to think that at some point, I really want to see Dalton Castle become Ashley Remington in ROH? Like, he receives a "concussion", forgets who Dalton Castle is, and becomes Ashley Remington. Maybe with an arrogant spin on the character, too.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Ladrao12 wrote:Is it plausible for me to think that at some point, I really want to see Dalton Castle become Ashley Remington in ROH? Like, he receives a "concussion", forgets who Dalton Castle is, and becomes Ashley Remington. Maybe with an arrogant spin on the character, too.
No, because that's the short of sh*t TNA does (see: Park, Joseph and Abyss, The Monster)
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

187_Joeism wrote:I hope we get Tag Wars in the Road to Final Battle shows, tag team division is stacked, they should use that and do a tournament.
they need to bring new teams..sometimes you see the same tag matches over and over again
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Looks like Cheeseburger has a new fan:
@IAmJericho 8h8 hours ago
Ok its official…@CheeseburgerROH is my new favorite wrestler. Is there any Merch available? @ringofhonor
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Ladrao12 wrote:Is it plausible for me to think that at some point, I really want to see Dalton Castle become Ashley Remington in ROH? Like, he receives a "concussion", forgets who Dalton Castle is, and becomes Ashley Remington. Maybe with an arrogant spin on the character, too.
No, because that's the short of sh*t TNA does (see: Park, Joseph and Abyss, The Monster)
Hahaha, maybe. It wouldn't be ROH making a new character the way TNA did, just taking an already established character, with a different spin.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Ladrao12 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Hahaha, maybe. It wouldn't be ROH making a new character the way TNA did, just taking an already established character, with a different spin.
Quack won't let it happen. (nor should it actually happen)
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Out of all the NJPW talent the one I want to see more of in ROH is Karl Anderson. I loved his matches in 2013, would like to see more of him as a singles guy in ROH.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Today I've been re-watchig the Honor Takes Center Stage shows and I think next years Best in the World should 100% be in Atlanta at this venue. It looks phenomenal, they could easily sell it out, and with ROH doing the new Japan shows in May again(Where I'm assuming they will be running in NYC) they probably wouldn't run BITW in NYC again.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just want to note quickly that Michael Elgin & MsChif's first child was born yesterday. His name is Jax. Congrats to them!
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Just want to note quickly that Michael Elgin & MsChif's first child was born yesterday. His name is Jax. Congrats to them!
That name will always remind me of the Mortal Kombat character. Bad ass.

Congratulations to them.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Mr. Orange wrote:Today I've been re-watchig the Honor Takes Center Stage shows and I think next years Best in the World should 100% be in Atlanta at this venue. It looks phenomenal, they could easily sell it out, and with ROH doing the new Japan shows in May again(Where I'm assuming they will be running in NYC) they probably wouldn't run BITW in NYC again.
Yeah, I've been surprised they haven't returned to Center Stage on the recent shows since they've been drawing so well in Atlanta. For my money the most professional looking set up they've run, and that was at a time when production values were much lower than they are today. Everything is already set up. They should really film some TV there.
Not to mention the great wrestling history of the building.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Jay Lethal coming to Costa Rica, October 17.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I suppose they will team up with CMLL and not with AAA because of (or thanks to) NJPW.
Apparently, they will have 3 professional cameras to film the event so there is a chance we'll see his match one day.
ImageImage
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:
Jay Lethal coming to Costa Rica, October 17.
I guess this means no more Alberto?