AEW Discussion

Discuss AEW Here! Lots of stuff going on. Live watch threads & more!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: AEW Discussion

Post by cgstong »

All Elite Wrestling Dynamite's debut episode will air on ITV 4 in Great Britain on Sunday 10/6 at 8:20 with a shorter highlights episode airing on Monday 10/7 at 11:45 PM.

There's been no announcement about a Canadian TV home but Cody wrote on Twitter a few days ago that Canadian fans' patience will be rewarded.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

AEW has created AEW Plus as a subscription plan for international fans so they can watch their TV show for $4.99 a month on Fite.TV

New AEW Weekly TV Series offered via FITE to International Markets

FITE, the leading digital streaming combat sports platform, announced today a new global subscription feature called “AEW Plus.” The new offering will provide live and replay access to the highly anticipated weekly television series from All Elite Wrestling (AEW) on a subscription basis as well as an a la carte option. It will be available in numerous countries and regions outside the U.S. and Canada including the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Japan, Italy, Spain, Chile, Brazil and the Middle East.

The weekly TV series, called AEW: Dynamite, debuts on Wednesday, October 2, from Washington, D.C., on the TNT network for U.S. viewers. Now, for the first time ever, a TV series will be available LIVE worldwide at the same time through the innovative AEW Plus digital option.

In available countries, AEW Plus will feature the live two-hour AEW: Dynamite show every Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET for a $4.99 monthly subscription price on FITE. In addition, the monthly subscription will offer extra exclusive programming including behind-the-scenes footage. Additionally, there will be a weekly a la carte option for $2.99 providing even more options for consumers.

FITE offers a seamless, device-agnostic way to watch live events online, via mobile or OTT devices. Here is the link to subscription page.

“We are very pleased to expand our relationship with AEW,” said FITE COO Mike Weber. “We have worked with AEW since their inception, and this is the next step in their growth. We are thrilled to continue our working relationship with them and delivering what their fans want to see — more.”

“FITE answered our call, and the call of AEW fans outside of North America, to offer the best global platform and partner for our wildly successful DOUBLE OR NOTHING event earlier this year, but that was just the start,” said Tony Khan, President and CEO of AEW. “The power of AEW will now be readily available live and internationally with AEW Plus, and that’s thanks to FITE, which combines the best technology with the passion of delivering our shows to audiences throughout the world.”

Note: AEW has announced their next PPV Event, “Full Gear,” will take place on November 9 in Baltimore, but the quarterly PPV events shall remain separate from the AEW Plus series subscription.

About FITE TV

FITE is the leading digital streaming platform for combat sports featuring over 1,000 premium live events per year. FITE is free to access for global usage through its mobile apps for iOS and Android devices, Apple TV, Android TV, ROKU and Amazon Fire TV. In addition, FITE supports Chromecast, Xbox, PS4 and 7,000 models of TV sets, streaming MMA, Pro Wrestling, Boxing, Bare Knuckle and Martial Arts live events to its 1.6M registered viewers. Available online at www.FITE.tv. Follow FITE on Twitter and Instagram @FiteTV and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FiteTV/.

About AEW

AEW is a new professional wrestling promotion headlined by members of The Elite (Cody & Brandi Rhodes, Matt & Nick Jackson, Kenny Omega and Hangman Page) and Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley. For the first time in many years, AEW is offering an alternative to mainstream wrestling, with a growing roster of world-class male and female wrestlers who are poised to bring new spirit, freshness and energy to the industry. The inaugural event under the AEW banner was DOUBLE OR NOTHING in Las Vegas, followed by FYTER FEST in Daytona Beach, FIGHT FOR THE FALLEN in Jacksonville, ALL OUT in Chicago, and the upcoming FULL GEAR on Saturday, Nov. 9, in Baltimore.

AEW will broadcast two-hour weekly shows on TNT (U.S.) on Wednesdays starting October 2, from 8 to 10 p.m. ET. The highly anticipated, action-packed matches will take place in different cities across the nation each Wednesday, starting in Washington, D.C., at the famed Capital One Arena. For more info, check out @AEWrestling (Twitter), @AllEliteWrestling (Instagram), /AllEliteWrestling (FB), AllEliteWrestling (YouTube).
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

AEW should be pretty happy as their introduction special on TNT did 631,000 viewers according to PWInsider
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

Good number for their preview episode.

Personally, I don’t foresee AEW being my favorite company, and that’s fine. I think I will be able to enjoy the product for what it is.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

How does Jack Thwagger keep getting booked?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:59 pm How does Jack Thwagger keep getting booked?
Make friends with Cody, you may be the surprise run in the next week.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Professional wrestling’s “Wednesday Night Wars” officially started on cable television last night, when the new weekly AEW wrestling show debuted to 1.409 million total viewers, besting USA Network’s “NXT,” which posted 891,000 total viewers (down 11% from last week’s show).

NXT got smoked.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Now we see if AEW drops, climbs, or maintains this viewership next week. Even more exciting than the debut viewership in my opinion.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

I'm excited for it too. Kinda liking this AEW dark YT series too. Not that I needed more wrestling to watch
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Details about the ratings breakdown thanks to the Observer:

The quarter hours are also notable because for AEW, teenagers opened at 330,000 and grew to 580,000 for the main event. But every other demo opened strong and either went down and picked up for the main event (18-34) or just declined throughout. Teen boys went from 260,000 for Cody’s match to 500,000 for the main event, but overall viewers went from 1,609,000 for Cody’s match to 1,381,000 for the main event. Teen girls opened at 70,000, grew to 140,000 for Riho vs. Nyla Rose, but then dropped big for the main event.

At the same time, NXT declined with teens from 210,000 to 120,000 (they did grow to 150,000 for the unopposed overrun). The average viewer age hovered around 39 to 41, as compared to the 54 average for WWE programming and the 48 average for younger skewing NXT.

Overall, both shows generally declined outside of AEW’s big increase throughout the show with teenagers. But in over 50, AEW declined from 455,000 to 334,000 for the main event and NXT fell from 408,000 to 352,000, but NXT won the night slightly in that demo during those quarters in between.

The night opened with 1,609,000 viewers for AEW and 913,000 for NXT. NXT with Riddle vs. Cole closed the gap to 1,551,000 to 981,000 against Cody vs. Sammy Guevara. MJF vs. Brandon Cutler lost 111,000 viewers vs. Io Shirai vs Mia Yim losing 15,000. Pac vs. Adam Page lost 125,000 viewers while Johnny Gargano vs. Shane Thorne lost 50,000. Riho vs. Rose lost 1,000 while Shayna Baszler vs. Candice LeRae lost 20,000. Pete Dunne vs. Danny Burch gained 29,000 viewers. The six-man main event of AEW gained 67,000 viewers while the NXT tag title match with Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly vs. Street Profits head-to-head lost 193,000 viewers in the final quarter. However, when AEW ended, NXT did pick up 139,000 viewers in the final ten minutes.

Interestingly, Baszler vs. LeRae killed it with those under 35, kind of like AEW, but got killed with older viewers. During the final quarter hour, with the battling main events, AEW had a 575,000 to 120,000 edge in teenagers and 444,000 to 145,000 edge with 18-34. In male 18-49, the final quarter was 629,000 to 228,000 for AEW and 280,000 to 126,000 in women 18-49.

With the deal not sealed until Monday night and not announced until Tuesday, meaning zero television promotion and a different show listed on the cable guide, AEW still did 109,000 viewers in Canada,. It was sixth in sports for the night, trailing baseball and opening night hockey games. Pro wrestling is rarely in Canada in the top ten for the night, although Raw two days earlier with Hogan and Flair, had a huge number with 227,700 viewers and was second only to the NFL.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Spoiler: show
AEW Dark Spoilers From Pittsburgh, PA (10/23)

- Dustin Rhodes & Sonny Kiss def. Peter Avalon & QT Marshall (w/ Leva Bates).

- Emi Sakura def. Penelope Ford, Sadie Gibbs, and Allie.

- Falls Count Anywhere Match: Darby Allin def. Jimmy Havoc and Jack Evans
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

AEW 10/23/19 Dynamite Results

AEW Tag Team Tournament Semifinal Match: The Lucha Bros defeated Private Party

AEW Tag Team Tournament Semifinal Match: SCU defeated The Dark Order

Kenny Omega defeated Joey Janela

The Young Bucks defeated Best Friends

Dr. Britt Baker defeated Jamie Hayter

Jon Moxley vs. THE BASTARD Pac went to a TV Time Remaining Draw
or Fb.com/ROHworld
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The matches have been good but they really need more stories. I tend to zone out watching just because too many matches didn't mean anything. Also, just announce every tag match as a tornado tag. This way when the referee does absolutely nothing to gain order and no team tags then it will make sense.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Ratings are in for the 10/23 show

AEW Dynamite on TNT did 963,000, down from the 1,014,000 that they did last week.

NXT on USA was down as well as they dropped to a series low 698,000 overnight viewers, down from last week’s 712,000 viewers.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AEW Dark on Youtube is doing big numbers too

Episode 1: 918,000 views
Episode 2: 926,000 views
Episode 3: 558,000 views (just posted Tuesday night)

Compared to NWA Powerrrr

Episode 1: 498,000 views
Episode 2: 282,000 views
Episode 3: 151,000 views (Tuesday)

MLW Fusion is usually under 100K but their show airs on TV first, then Fite and Youtube.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

But NWA doing about half is really good considering the amount of exposure.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It's great for the beginning but I feel like NWA will keep dwindling. Look at those week 2 numbers; NWA fell by almost 50% while AEW grew. I would not be surprised if NWA keeps falling every week.

Not to mention it's still unclear just how much wrestling promotions are able to monetize Youtube content in the first place. For AEW and MLW, the Youtube shows are promotion for the TV airings. For NWA the Youtube content IS the product, besides the ~100 tickets they sell per show and whatever they get for PPV when that starts.

I would be very interested to see what kind of numbers Fite TV does. They air ROH, MLW Fusion, CWFH, ROW, and I think NWA TV? In addition to PPVs from all those companies plus AEW, NJPW, AJPW, CMLL, AAA, Impact, boxing, MMA, etc. Obviously Fite TV doesn't have anywhere close to Youtube's audience but it's a dedicated combat sports platform that is growing fast.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I think that NWA numbers will continue dropping. First show was fun blast from the past, but they are seriously lacking in substance and I have no idea where they are even going.