AEW Discussion

Discuss AEW Here! Lots of stuff going on. Live watch threads & more!
roacheyyy

Re: AEW Discussion

Post by roacheyyy »

I like Angels and think he would be good somewhere else (particularly ROH) but if I'm reducing the AEW roster to about 70-80 he doesn't make the cut. Has a heap of upside though no doubt
Montana

Post by Montana »

Honestly... i thought Alan Angels was like 40 years old... Looks rugged and balding. At the age of early 20's he is pretty good; but i stand by that he doesn't have the look; and i'd much rather have someone like a Rey Horus or Eli Isom on the roster; if it came down to those type of guys.

If AEW were to purchase ROH as a developmental; Angels would be a great fit.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

DougN wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:04 am Sonny Kiss, I think, can be something special for someone. Not sure if that someone is ROH though.
No way. Nothing more than being on a roster. What is Sonny? A man wrestling like a woman or a woman wrestling like a man? Either way, it’s awkward looking. No way SK would be taken seriously as a champ anywhere. The only reason why SK isn’t booed out of the building, is you’ll be accused of being anti-black or anti-trans by some millennial “woke” turd.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Has anyone been to a live AEW event? Would you recommend it?
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:01 pm Has anyone been to a live AEW event? Would you recommend it?
I've only been to the first Double or Nothing, but the audience's enthusiasm is infectious through the TV screen. So imagine being there in person.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:01 pm Has anyone been to a live AEW event? Would you recommend it?
Did Rampage and Full Gear recently and would highly recommend both. The atmosphere for Full Gear was unbelievable. Rampage was fun too - not as crazy, but you get to see some of the younger guys do their thing, plus the tickets were way cheaper.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Thinking about going to the Wednesday Dynamite and/or Friday Rampage in Washington D.C. in January.
Went to ROH Final Battle in Baltimore. Considering the assistance from AEW may go see AEW TV tapings next month. Somewhat out of curiosity.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:09 am Thinking about going to the Wednesday Dynamite and/or Friday Rampage in Washington D.C. in January.
Went to ROH Final Battle in Baltimore. Considering the assistance from AEW may go see AEW TV tapings next month. Somewhat out of curiosity.
It can't hurt to give it a shot. I'm pretty sure they still tape Rampage after Dynamite (I could be wrong about that and if I am I'm sure I'll be corrected) and it a long night. It's a good idea to take off of work the next day.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:49 pm
tigermask7.0 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:09 am Thinking about going to the Wednesday Dynamite and/or Friday Rampage in Washington D.C. in January.
It can't hurt to give it a shot. I'm pretty sure they still tape Rampage after Dynamite (I could be wrong about that and if I am I'm sure I'll be corrected) and it a long night. It's a good idea to take off of work the next day.
They probably tape some Dark stuff before too. At least with the Dark and Rampage stuff, there’s no commercial breaks. That is why I think AEW should do some house shows.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I believe they starting doing some taping for dark / elevation at like universal studios; which i believe is where they tapes Josh Woods vs. Shawn Spears a few weeks back; believe it's airing tonight. I assume they still tape/ a few dark matches before their live events (Dynamite/Rampage).
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Briscoes should invade AEW in Washington D.C in Mid-January. Brody King should debut there as well.
#invasion
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:17 am Briscoes should invade AEW in Washington D.C in Mid-January. Brody King should debut there as well.
#invasion
I'm not sure what the significance of that date or location would be. However, ROH's 20th birthdate lands on a Wednesday.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Mini-rant... for the most part i've been enjoying AEW , especially Dynamite; BUT last night had to be one of the worst dynamite's of all time.

1) 2 Trios matches and a 10 man tag.... I get TK wants to get everyone on Dynamite like once a month; but like these matches are beyond meaningless. Fun.... sure... but 3 in one night. Yikes. It's getting painful to watch for me... especially when there are like so many other good match options.

2) Jade Cardgill is not TV ready. She's painfully green; and a perfect example of why AEW needs some sort of training/school/developmental program.

3) the MJF / Wardlow is just becoming frustrating. Not so much, it's like they've been teasing it for like a year.. but the fact they have some lawyer come in and basically tell wardlow MJF owns everything that wardlow gets; and he just sits there. Little details like that are annoying. Is Wardlow really that dumb. Apparently yes, for now.

4) Horrible camerawork. I get with huge multi man matches; you aren't going to catch everything... but come on.

5) Sammy loses the belt... and comes out and does cue cards during a commercial?!?

6) Kyle O Reily still acting like a idiot.

7) PG Punk... it's actually a thing. He talks about the most boring stuff; and goes on and on.... and then when he finally talks about MJF, he's like he's done with it. They've pretty much diminished CM Punk return into hurting their product.

8) Why was Kingston teaming with Pride and Powerful.... Where's the story there?

I wont even get into the Dan Lambert/Cody/Bradi stuff; or the Malakai Black walk off.

The good news is; i assume next week they'll be back on the right track. Even if Hangman/Danielson ends up being a flaky finish/draw/judges decision... at least it will be a good match.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Punk is so boring. The dig at Tebow made absolutely no sense. Can’t wait till MJF beats him and moves on to Hangman.
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

Punk has already fizzled out in AEW.
DougN

Post by DougN »

That Jade match was rough. By all reports, they rehearsed it a LOT and yet they seemed to be moving at half speed. It's not a good sign for her AT ALL.

Sammy's title reign did not live up to expectations. It's not on Sammy. It's on the booking. Sammy barely beat anyone of note. Yes, Lethal is a legend and a name, but he hasn't been on TV since so does it matter? Sammy didn't even get to pick up the win in the ATT match. I know Jericho tapping out Lambert is the old-school logical finish, but Sammy pinning someone would have been just as satisfying and would have elevated him more.

CM Punk needs to stop coming out and doing promos for a little bit. Do something backstage quick. Do a promo video. But the promos in the ring are getting repetitive and tiresome. It just feels like we're still on Punk reunion tour 4 months later as opposed to Punk lighting things on fire.

Kingston and Proud & Powerful were in one version of LAX in TNA/Impact.

Also, the TK tweet was so bad. I disagree with Big Swole's take, but it's her experience to share and I can't discount. But she was also respectful with it I said. She went out of her ways to praise parts of AEW and TK in general. And TK responded SO terribly. He really needs to get off Twitter.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Montana

Post by Montana »

DougN wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:27 pm That Jade match was rough. By all reports, they rehearsed it a LOT and yet they seemed to be moving at half speed. It's not a good sign for her AT ALL.

Sammy's title reign did not live up to expectations. It's not on Sammy. It's on the booking. Sammy barely beat anyone of note. Yes, Lethal is a legend and a name, but he hasn't been on TV since so does it matter? Sammy didn't even get to pick up the win in the ATT match. I know Jericho tapping out Lambert is the old-school logical finish, but Sammy pinning someone would have been just as satisfying and would have elevated him more.

CM Punk needs to stop coming out and doing promos for a little bit. Do something backstage quick. Do a promo video. But the promos in the ring are getting repetitive and tiresome. It just feels like we're still on Punk reunion tour 4 months later as opposed to Punk lighting things on fire.

Kingston and Proud & Powerful were in one version of LAX in TNA/Impact.

Also, the TK tweet was so bad. I disagree with Big Swole's take, but it's her experience to share and I can't discount. But she was also respectful with it I said. She went out of her ways to praise parts of AEW and TK in general. And TK responded SO terribly. He really needs to get off Twitter.
Agree 100% with everything.

I was tracking kingston and LaX were together before AEW, but just seems odd they never did anything together in AEW that I recall, and just out of the blue they were teaming together… while pride and powerful are in the inner circle and Jericho and Sammy were clearly at the show, and would seem to be more logical partners. Obviously it was just setting up kingston/Jericho in retrospect.

I wasn’t surprised Swole / Lio Rush called out TK. Figured it was a matter of time. You have to figure in 2022 someone like a Jay Lethal , Lio Rush , Lee Mortiarty , or even Will Hobbs will get a nice push/championship win. At least I hope.

The Sammy Guevara / Tay Conti thing is such a bad look for them. I’m just assuming that is part of the reason Sammy lost randomly.
DougN

Post by DougN »

The Kingston stuff is a little weird and came out of nowhere, but honestly, I think Kingston's going to be like that for a little. They clearly had a long storyline for him and Mox that went out the window when Mox got help. Punk-Kingston was very much thrown together and credit to BOTH of them for making it compelling and great.

The Sammy/Tay thing is a shitshow and I really don't want to say it's a bad look for them. The general thing seems to be that Sammy and Pam broke up and then Sammy and Tay got together later. There's nothing wrong with that at all and none of the three of them owe anyone anything. Relationships are tricky, hard, and messy and unless someone is being accused of really shitty behavoir, the fact that Sammy was engaged to Pam in the summer and is dating Tay months later isn't something I think people should care about or get worked up about. Let them live their life. If people are really going to look down on that, then there's a long list of others that they should go after first. The bullying Tay Conti got was next level terrible, and on top of that, Pam even got some bullying too which was absurd. It was minuscule compared to what Tay got, but I was still pretty disgusted by seeing it.

I don't even think Swole called out TK. I listened to her whole thing. There was nothing particularly damning about AEW. TK just flew off the handle and then Lio Rush clearly saw how inappropriate that was.

Sadly, I do think this means a black wrestler will get a title reign in 2022 and unless it's Dante Martin (who they have focused on for months) or Lio Rush (which plays into the Dante Martin story), it will feel extremely forced and pandering.

I have no issues with AEW's diversity and the people sharing photos of ALL the black champions in WWE for 2021 are missing the point. WWE is the very definition of tokenism and if Big E's title reign (which was just in reaction to AEW winning the demo) wasn't any indication, there's also the squashing of Bianca, the sudden release of Hit Row, Keith fucking Lee, the fumbling of The Hurt Business at their peak, and the continued incompetence of Ricochet. All of that is just from this year.

The conversation with WWE believing and pushing in black performers starts and ends with Bobby Lashley. He's the only one protected, treated like a true main eventer, and given ACTUAL stories. You could argue Omos as well, but Omos feels so much like a vanity gimmick project that I wonder if he'll ever be in the company next year. If you want to throw in Sasha Banks, I'll give it to you, but you have to acknowledge the several years they spent not doing anything worthwhile with her.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I don’t blame Sammy at all. I’m actually really impressed.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Sammy should win this Saturday, but I highly doubt it. The rematch is too soon. The whole Sammy thing was kind of just thrown together. His win over Miro was great and made sense, but they had nothing for him after except a cool match with Ethan Page.

They should have made Jericho more prominent alongside Sammy, akin to Sting and Darby. Would have made a lot of the stuff feel more important and better. The fact that Jericho didn't come out after he won the TNT title is still weird to me.