AEW Discussion

Discuss AEW Here! Lots of stuff going on. Live watch threads & more!
Reaper G

Re: AEW Discussion

Post by Reaper G »

famicommander wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:37 am Jericho is absurdly bad.

Sorry but you can count the number of good matches he has had post-WWE on one hand, and that includes NJPW.
Well, there are people who don't like the Beatles, "The Godfather", or "Seinfeld" either.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Reaper G wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:56 pm
famicommander wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:37 am Jericho is absurdly bad.

Sorry but you can count the number of good matches he has had post-WWE on one hand, and that includes NJPW.
Well, there are people who don't like the Beatles, "The Godfather", or "Seinfeld" either.
Today's Jericho is Godfather III. He's washed up and anyone who can't see it is blinded by nostalgia. He can barely move at this point.
Montana

Post by Montana »

There's no reason Jericho or AEW should stop working together, because you find Jericho too old/out of shape. Your not wrong; but nothing will change. He's still arguably their biggest name wrestler. He's still one of the best they have on the mic. He leads one of their main factions; and been helping get guys like Orange, Sammy, MJF, etc over. He's been around for 30 years; he isn't going to be as good as he used to.

I don't blame Nick Gage for being Nick Gage; and accepting a spot on Dynamite. TK should have more sense. Another area that is concerning for TK. That fact that Nick put his body through that for 20 years itself; isn't a badge of honor.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Sorry but his mic work and all of his segments have been as cartoonishly terrible as his ring work has been horrible. Jericho is an embarrassment and he likely needs alcohol rehab. He has all the features of a bloated drunk.

He isn't helping MJF at all. MJF doesn't need this terrible, endless feud or either one of these ridiculous stables.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:21 am Sorry but his mic work and all of his segments have been as cartoonishly terrible as his ring work has been horrible. Jericho is an embarrassment and he likely needs alcohol rehab. He has all the features of a bloated drunk.

He isn't helping MJF at all. MJF doesn't need this terrible, endless feud or either one of these ridiculous stables.
Now you’re calling people “bloated drunks” and calling for rehab for them, but still calling for innocent people like Rich Swann to disappear from wrestling. Cool……
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:21 am
famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:21 am Sorry but his mic work and all of his segments have been as cartoonishly terrible as his ring work has been horrible. Jericho is an embarrassment and he likely needs alcohol rehab. He has all the features of a bloated drunk.

Now you’re calling people “bloated drunks” and calling for rehab for them, but still calling for innocent people like Rich Swann to disappear from wrestling. Cool……
Rich Swann put his wife in a headlock and dragged her screaming through traffic.

And I said Jericho looks like a bloated drunk, which he does. Another sign is him getting into incoherent Twitter wars with people at 3 AM.

Next thing you know he'll be getting beaten up on somebody's front lawn by Matt Hardy's wife.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I get the impression that you're either incredibly hard to please, or you're a contrarian solely for the sake of being a contrarian.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Reaper G wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:01 pm

I get the impression that you're either incredibly hard to please, or you're a contrarian solely for the sake of being a contrarian.
I'm really not that hard to please, AEW is just a terrible product and everyone is forgiving of its flaws because it's "not WWE" even though it's exactly the same as WWE.

Jericho is a human botch machine and every single story segment he's in comes off as a bad 2007 Raw skit. He was great is his day, one of my all time favorites, but that day is long gone and pretending otherwise is nothing more than nostalgia.

Jericho is to AEW what Tommy Dreamer is to Impact. What PCO is to ROH. What the Undertaker was for the last five years of his WWE run. What Yuji Nagata has become the last year in NJPW. An embarrassing reminder of just how far someone can fall (except PCO was never that good to start with like the others).

The cinematic matches were horrible.
The War Games match was horrible and full of glaring botches and a bad stunt at the end.
The song and dance bullshit was physically impossible to sit through.
The stupid champagne hose looked like a dollar store squirt gun compared to Austin's beer hose or Angle's milk hose, and the stunt didn't need to be done a third time in the first place.

Santana and Ortiz and MJF have only been held back by Jericho.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:31 am

Rich Swann put his wife in a headlock and dragged her screaming through traffic.

And I said Jericho looks like a bloated drunk, which he does. Another sign is him getting into incoherent Twitter wars with people at 3 AM.

Next thing you know he'll be getting beaten up on somebody's front lawn by Matt Hardy's wife.
No charges. No conviction. Innocent
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:58 am
famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:31 am

No charges. No conviction. Innocent
Why was Su Yung in middle of the street? Oh yea, she was drunk as shit walking in middle of a dark roadway after midnight. Swann should of just sat in his car and waited for her to get hit and killed by a car. That would of been so much better, right? If my wife was doing same shit, i would do anything to get her off street and back in the car and when she sobered up she would apologize and thank me, like su later did.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Just read what they told the cops when they got there you clown shoes.

He told them he just wanted her phone for navigation, not that he was saving her from traffic, and she told them she was terrified of him.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Did AEW Botches get shut down? Seems to have disappeared.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:54 am Did AEW Botches get shut down? Seems to have disappeared.
Sad stuff. Instead of cleaning up his sloppy shop Khan just attacks the people who point it out.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I don't listen to the show or like Cornette at all but I heard that Brian Last pointed out on a recent episode of theirs that Bray Wyatt, Ric Flair, Big Show, Christian, Mark Henry, and Matt Hardy were all buried by Randy Orton in their last WWE on-screen appearance.

Obviously the latter four are in AEW now. Nobody would be shocked to see them sign Flair and Wyatt.

And now it bears watching who gets buried by Orton next.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Why is AEW wasting their time signing all these vanilla jobber twerps like Simp Unc, Danyule Briansun, and Milky Black when world class talent like Ryback, Lars Sullivan, and Mojo Rawley are on the market?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Everyone looking forward to CM Punk?
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

cgstong wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:42 pm Everyone looking forward to CM Punk?
I’m looking forward to the reaction. I haven’t seen too many of his matches or anything.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I saw a grown man crying. That’s sad. If a wrestler is coming back from some horrific injury or life event, or announcing a retirement or something, okay. But otherwise, pathetic.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:31 pm I saw a grown man crying. That’s sad. If a wrestler is coming back from some horrific injury or life event, or announcing a retirement or something, okay. But otherwise, pathetic.
Glad i wasn't the only one. EXACTLY... this dude got burnt out; and thought MMA fighting was the way to go; rather than wrestle in ROH/NJPW. If he loved wrestling; it wouldn't have been about the money. He's clearly ALSO in it for the money. Which you can't blame him.... but also he doesn't need to be treated god-like. He's also a bit of a hypocrite too, he's often complained about what certain wrestlers make; and now the shoe is on the other foot. But i guess it's OK because he'll be there every Weds and Friday.

All that being said, i think he said the right things on Rampage; and i'm excited to see what he does in AEW. He's 43 now; seemed to be in decent shape. I'm not really also that excited to see him wrestle, or any of these "Dream" matches. It's more about the stories/promos for me.

I wonder where AEW will go with all this talent. Maybe they split up at some point. AEW strategy has basically been to make everyone look good. For as much talent and effort they put into the matches at time; it doesn't feel like AEW produces that many "GREAT" matches. Maybe i've been spoiled with ROH all these years; but take Hangman, or Darby Allin. What's their best singles match in AEW? Nothing really sticks out..for me personally. Hangman is probably my favorite; but like what has he done this year?? He beat Brian Cage at a PPV. That's like seriously the best thing i can think of. He and Darby should be putting on bangers 1-2 a month; and seems like they get that like once a year. Only going to get worse with more talent coming in. Also , it kinda feels like at this point, guys like Mox, Miro, and Andrade will not see the title anytime soon. Guys like MJF, Sammy, Jungle Boy, Darby will not see the AEW title anytime soon. Guys like Pac are just kinda there. Think if they trimmed the fat; they'd have a much much better show.