AEW Discussion

Discuss AEW Here! Lots of stuff going on. Live watch threads & more!
famicommander

Re: AEW Discussion

Post by famicommander »

It just shows a lack of thought on their part. There is absolutely no reason for two babyface managers (or one manager for Darby and a half dozen for DO) to be brawling outside the ring.

Chris Jericho said they are JUST NOW starting to have production meetings to make sure they don't do the same shit 5 segments in a row.

That's why there are jump starts, post-match beat downs, interference, ref bumps, and 20 people outside the ring every match. Because none of these people are creative so they all come up with the same tired ideas, then they don't coordinate so they put it all on the same fucking show.

The AEW Botches twitter account posted a gif of Trent vs Penta from last year on Dark side by side with Trent vs Penta from Dynamite the other night. Exact same match, literally. Same spots in the same order. Even the character interactions were identical. They recycled a year-old webmatch on their A-show.

Honestly, Vince Russo could book a better show than this. His booking was stupid and it came off like it was booked by a 12 year old who didn't take his Ritalin, but at least you could tell it all came from the same person.

This promotion is the definition of a gong show, except nobody hits the gong when things get terrible. Instead they drag a fucking wedding storyline out for 6 months.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Why do they keep doing this to themselves?
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:20 pm Image

Why do they keep doing this to themselves?
You mean steel doesn't bend that way?? The announcing was rough during that segment too.

The Good: I thought the match was enjoyable, and i liked the finish.

The Bad: Some really bad botches in this match. The big fall, was underwhelming to say the least. I'm fine if they fake it; but at least make it look semi-real. The steel bending/folding wasn't a good look. I also hated the commercials in this match; and thought this would be better suited for the PPV they have coming up in like 3 weeks; where like 1 match is announced. I assume this leads to something like MJF vs. Sammy at the PPV or something.

Much like all of AEW, (and pretty much every wrestling company) there is good and bad in my opinion.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Bubba Dudley now calling out AEW for their treatment of Impact. He's pissed that Omega had Michael Nakazawa wearing the Impact and AAA belts.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I can overlook Jericho's soft landing -- he was still a 50-year-old man taking a 20-foot fall. And the match was great up until that point. But here are my two issues.

One -- they should've let this build up over time, at least until they were able to run in full arenas again.

Two -- JR and Tony saying they'd called previous "Blood & Guts" matches, and that Tully Blanchard was in the very first "Blood & Guts" match. I know WWE owns the rights to "War Games," but still.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I gotta take bigger issue with not just the bump, but everything surrounding it.

I mean, did they expect nobody to question why there's suddenly a giant gray box next to the ring that has never been there before?

Did they think nobody would notice the giant crash pad underneath when Jericho fell onto it?

Did they think nobody would notice those steel plates are freaking cardboard or thin plywood?

And the bump itself? If you can't make it look good on television, don't do it at all. Guys take bumps that big directly onto tables or flat onto the ring off ladders on the regular. If Jericho can't do that anymore, fine. Either don't do the spot at all or have a guy like Guevara or Ortiz take the bump. I'm not saying to throw the old man right onto a concrete floor; I'm saying if it's not safe and/or you can't make it look good, do something else.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Rewatched Blood and Guts.

So many botches.

Hager and Wardlow both suck so bad. I can't believe anybody thinks Wardlow is good.

Jericho tapping on the dude's thigh to give him the signal to dick punch him right in front of the hard camera

Jericho pulling a blade out of his wristband and holding it for like 45 seconds right in front of the hard camera

You can hear Jericho and MJF talking on top of the cage

The rest of the match ceases to exist while they're up there

Several top rope botches.

This match could be like a 15 minute segment on Botchamania. Even without the wet fart finish. It was a much worse match on the second watch.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Tony Khan says very little revenue comes from Youtube, most Youtube viewership comes from India
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:51 am Tony Khan says very little revenue comes from Youtube, most Youtube viewership comes from India
How much is “very little revenue” to a billionaire?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:26 am
famicommander wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:51 am Tony Khan says very little revenue comes from Youtube, most Youtube viewership comes from India
How much is “very little revenue” to a billionaire?
He's directly contrasting it with their other media partners including domestic and international TV and streaming.
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:46 am Rewatched Blood and Guts.

So many botches.

Hager and Wardlow both suck so bad. I can't believe anybody thinks Wardlow is good.

Jericho tapping on the dude's thigh to give him the signal to dick punch him right in front of the hard camera

Jericho pulling a blade out of his wristband and holding it for like 45 seconds right in front of the hard camera

You can hear Jericho and MJF talking on top of the cage

The rest of the match ceases to exist while they're up there

Several top rope botches.

This match could be like a 15 minute segment on Botchamania. Even without the wet fart finish. It was a much worse match on the second watch.
Despite the flaws; after the match i kinda wanted to watch again as well... but yeah, certainly some parts were bad and some were good. Don't disagree on the flaws; but certainly either good enough or bad enough to watch again. Despite the flaws/botches/and everything i don't like about AEW; i typically look forward to Dynamite every week.

Tonight; Miro vs. Darby seems like there is a 99% chance that Miro wins the belt tonight. Maybe AEW does a swerve for the sake of a swerve; but all signs point to Miro destroying the injured Darby. Then AEW can rebuild Miro as a beast.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Miro fucking sucks and Darby Allin only has one match. The same one every week.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Sloppy shit last night again.

Orange Cassidy was knocked out cold and now they've set up a pointless three way title match that nobody believes Omega can or will lose.

Another stupid ass Stadium cinematic match. Doing two huge gimmick blow off matches in a very short timespan.

Cody Rhodes doing some god awful MURICA GOOD FOREIGNERS BAD promo in 2021

Bad Raw skit with the champagne firehose, and apparently the only consequences of Blood and Guts is that Jericho has an ace bandage on his arm

Spent months building to SCU's disbanding, immediately cut to commercial when it happens.

Miro is not a good wrestler and they already buried him in AEW, you can't just keep flipping switches. You don't go from goofy stupid wedding video game shit to monster heel in a week. Same shit as when they turned the Inner Circle face like a week after they kidnapped the Bucks' dad. And then the Bucks were turned heel. People just seem to randomly turn heel or face to meet the short term needs of whatever idiotic scenario they've painted themselves into.

Viewership dropped back down to 936,000. They can't keep hotshotting like this. They had three title matches on the card and lost over a hundred thousand viewers. The rating also declined from 0.42 to 0.31, which is the lowest rating since NXT moved and left them unopposed.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

So Jericho apparently broke his arm taking that bump.

So not only did they fail to make it look good, but they also failed to do it safely.

It failed entirely on both fronts.
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:05 pm Sloppy shit last night again.

Orange Cassidy was knocked out cold and now they've set up a pointless three way title match that nobody believes Omega can or will lose.

Another stupid ass Stadium cinematic match. Doing two huge gimmick blow off matches in a very short timespan.

Cody Rhodes doing some god awful MURICA GOOD FOREIGNERS BAD promo in 2021

Bad Raw skit with the champagne firehose, and apparently the only consequences of Blood and Guts is that Jericho has an ace bandage on his arm

Spent months building to SCU's disbanding, immediately cut to commercial when it happens.

Miro is not a good wrestler and they already buried him in AEW, you can't just keep flipping switches. You don't go from goofy stupid wedding video game shit to monster heel in a week. Same shit as when they turned the Inner Circle face like a week after they kidnapped the Bucks' dad. And then the Bucks were turned heel. People just seem to randomly turn heel or face to meet the short term needs of whatever idiotic scenario they've painted themselves into.

Viewership dropped back down to 936,000. They can't keep hotshotting like this. They had three title matches on the card and lost over a hundred thousand viewers. The rating also declined from 0.42 to 0.31, which is the lowest rating since NXT moved and left them unopposed.
I agree, not i dont have an much passionate hate about it. I will say i did really like the original Stadium Stampede, and looking forward to this one. Not sure it can live up to last years though.

That was pretty sad for Christopher Daniels... he's clearly starting to lose a step or two; but mentality he's still in his 30's/40's. Sucks he was bleeding buckets; and missed the ropes on the Best Moonsault Ever.... and luckily he hit it the second time; and didn't seriously injury himself or someone else. Wasn't a fan of the ending just moving on after the match.

Miro should get a good run with the TNT title; i would think. Darby's run was solid. I will say, despite the bad Russo-esque booking of Dynamite; they've kept their champions strong; and meaningful reigns thus far.

Next to zero interest for Omega vs. Pac vs. OC.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Their champions strong?

Darby went 15 minutes with faceless Dark Order clowns several weeks in a row.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, like they have multiple defenses... typically put the belt on someone they've been grooming and are over. For the most part, the World Title, TNT and Tag titles have all been held by worthy champs; and have had solid runs. There hasn't been any real flops as champs yet.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Their world championship was held by a guy holding the 4th most important title in NJPW for a big chunk of time. That's not exactly making your belt look strong.
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

Tony Khan=Money Mark
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Indynut wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:48 pm Tony Khan=Money Mark
Ha!! He really is. To a T!!!!