AEW Discussion

Discuss AEW Here! Lots of stuff going on. Live watch threads & more!
famicommander

Re: AEW Discussion

Post by famicommander »

You couldn't pay me to sit through that much WWE.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Revolution was a good PPV. The tag match outshined every thing else by a lot. It was a really good match. I didn't mind Dustin and Hager not Sammy G and Darby. Nyla and Kris Stat got more interesting as it went along. I normally don't care for Cody matches and that held true for this one. It rarely felt like a match with a heated issue. Pac and OC was the most fun match of the night. Moxley and Jericho was fine. If you have to watch one match from this PPV watch the tag title match. To me nothing else was must see.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:26 am Revolution was a good PPV. The tag match outshined every thing else by a lot. It was a really good match. I didn't mind Dustin and Hager not Sammy G and Darby. Nyla and Kris Stat got more interesting as it went along. I normally don't care for Cody matches and that held true for this one. It rarely felt like a match with a heated issue. Pac and OC was the most fun match of the night. Moxley and Jericho was fine. If you have to watch one match from this PPV watch the tag title match. To me nothing else was must see.
Agreed 100%... nothing came close to the tag match... and the orange cassidy vs pac was probably the second best match. That was a surprise. Cody/MJR and Moxley/Jericho delivered what you would expect they would.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I wonder if WWE has known for YEARS they would be very vulnerable to another wrestling promotion, with money, that actually puts out a product that is logical and gives the fans what they want?? WWE has worked quite a bit in the 2000's to avoid competition. Even creating NXT, NXT UK, and establishing relations with companies like Evolve and Progress. It is a bit concerning how far WWE is off from connecting with the fans.... plus not to mention how much is going on with the company outside of the product itself. (international markets, new development centers, scouting, WWE Network, etc, etc) Can WWE still create mega stars??

Look at what AEW has done within like it's first year. Consistently delivers a good TV product, good PPV shows, logical booking, develop young talent, properly market their shows, get mostly positive press... WWE is like the opposite of all that. My assumption is that WWE offers monster contracts to guys like Sammy G, Darby Allin, MJF, Adam Page, and other young stars of AEW... and they compete from a financial aspect.
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

Guys who don't agree that protecting your real and business personal property is an important element of any insurance program? Do you want to be left without your business, if suddenly a fire or something else? Any insurance can be checked. The easiest way is to review online. By law, the insurance must have a license, it can be checked on a special site. There you can find out if the company has debts to customers. And go ahead with insurance.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Ban this guy please

Dynamite was awesome this week
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

roacheyyy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:54 pm Ban this guy please

Dynamite was awesome this week
Agreed on both.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Overall i've been enjoying AEW quite a bit.... It's not perfect, and not my favorite promotion, but they put in a lot of effort to make each show good. Crazy what long term booking can do.

It must have been a tough call to have Brodie Lee and Matt Hardy debut in a empty arena on the same night. Overall still went well. Would have loved to see a crowd reaction. Maybe in the long run, debuting in a empty arena will have more of a long lasting feeling for the moment.

I have to question the of putting Matt Hardy with the Elite and Brodie Lee as the exalted one. I enjoyed the shock of Lee being revealed... but wonder how good, and how far Matt Hardy could have took the dark order. Maybe Brodie Lee can take it even further... i dont know. Hell... i probably would have put both in dark order. Dustin could have easily filled in for one of the young bucks against the Inner Circle... and Dustin could have taken the fall.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Kip and Penelope legit engaged now
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Scurll said this about AEW working with ROH on their ROHStrong podcast:

"I don't see why not. It would just have to be a matter of timing and it would benefit both companies. I have an amazing relationship with the Bucks, I have a pretty good relationship with Tony Khan. Both parties are willing to work with each other, it's just a matter of timing. It's something I wouldn't rule out. I'm not saying anything will happen. There's no reason why we wouldn't, the timing just needs to be correct. I'd like to see it happen,"
or Fb.com/ROHworld
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Jericho and Cabana had a good match this week.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I actually enjoyed most of Dynamite last night. Since I have never really seen FTR before I liked their match with Butcher and the Blade. The commentary was hilarious in their overhyping of FTR but in an enjoyable way. I also have enjoyed the Colt Cabana/Dark Order story.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Interesting Dynamite last night. Congrats on 1 year anniversary; but i think some of the flaws are certainly becoming more visual.

A fair amount of sloppy-ness in FTR-Best Friends; with a bad finish. I expect some mistakes... but not a great way to start the anniversary.

The Miro-Kip vs. Two Jobbers.... OK for what is was; but I'm kinda worried on Miro's booking direction. I feel like they will eventually get it right; but the match felt like they just said Miro beat up two guys. Him and Kip is just kinda there.

COdy and Orange Cassidy. ..... I feel like Orange Cassidy is a representative for the company...if you like him; you'll like the product. If not; it can be tough. This match just felt odd to me.

4 tag team build up for next week. Pretty sure it seems like the Bucks are winning.

What's happened to tag teams like SCU or Riho.... i've noticed AEW tends to use and forget about talent.

Then the Jericho and MJF promo...which i found good; but MJF i kinda love/hate. Like i feel he's really good; he just doesn't always deliver enough sides to his character. I think he will get there though.

Then the Mox and Lance Archer match... no surprise here. Kingston coming out at the end was cool.

All in all; i really do enjoy watching AEW for two hours on Weds, they have flaws; and i think it's OK. I imagine they will tighten things up. I guess i'm a little surprise they continue to sign talent , when they already have more talent than they can use; BUT my guess is a second show is coming next year.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Cody Rhodes can be Cody Rhodes again
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

Winter was coming was a big episode of Dynamite....

I assume people saw the spoilers already.... Sting debuts in AEW , and has multi-year deal. Kenny Omega wins the belt; turns heel with Don Callis; and now they are going to Impact?!?

WIld ending to the show; and i can't help but wonder why AEW would have their new world champion and have him take the belt to Impact. Leads to lots of stories; but seems like this relationship helps Impact about 95% and helps AEW MAYBE 5%. Similar to the ole CM Punk taking the ROH belt to wwe, or Punk leaving wwe with the belt storyline but actually going to the other company.

If nothing else; i'll be very interested to see how this working relationship would work. This could totally backfire on AEW too.... in 2021 your champ; Kenny Omega; who arguably isn't a mainstream draw yet; is going to another promotion. AEW is looking to expand to another TV show; BUT now also working with Impact. Impact while improved, still has lots of corny stuff like wrestle house, and who shot that one guy. Oh; and dark has been 3 hours; so they are looking at separating it into multiple shows? AEW has been hiring a handful of people for the additional show. Tony Khan even said he was going to take some big risk in 2021. I kinda feel like the new-ness is rubbing off AEW...which i still really enjoy Dyanmite and the PPVs.... just feels like the "safe risk" would to simply reduce the comedy; and more real-ism to the product.... but it's hard when you try to please all wrestling fans. Hopefully this doesn't hurt AEW in 2021... but guess i'll be watching either way.

I would have much preferred an ROH and/or NJPW invasion; and i think that would be a much safer bet for AEW. But I guess we'll have to wait and see where this goes.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I tried to watch Impact recently but I just couldn't do it. Too much awful talent, and I hate 250% of wrestling wedding storylines.

Not sure what Impact really brings to the table for AEW besides a good TV deal in India.

I love me some Sting but he's 61 years old at this point and he had a serious injury in his last match. He's 12 years older than the Hulkster was when he got to TNA.

I mean I'm curious enough to watch Impact next week so I guess mission accomplished there, but I don't really see where this is going and I don't think I'll stick around long term. ROH and MLW are enough weekly wrestling content for me these days.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

As someone who actually prefers Impact to AEW, this occurrence does have me interested. I did watch some of Dynamite last night which I haven't done in at least 6 months. I caught Sting coming back. I guess that's nice he is back on TNT but it certainly isn't going to get me to watch next week. I'm interested in seeing what happens with Omega bringing the belt to Impact and what that actually means. Obviously it is too early to tell what this all means but it does have me interested but not excited.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:48 am As someone who actually prefers Impact to AEW, this occurrence does have me interested. I did watch some of Dynamite last night which I haven't done in at least 6 months. I caught Sting coming back. I guess that's nice he is back on TNT but it certainly isn't going to get me to watch next week. I'm interested in seeing what happens with Omega bringing the belt to Impact and what that actually means. Obviously it is too early to tell what this all means but it does have me interested but not excited.
Impact has finished taping for the rest of 2020 and Omega wasn't at any of their shows. So at best we're just getting some prerecorded segment with Omega and Callis slapped onto an Impact episode.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:15 pm
kovs27 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:48 am As someone who actually prefers Impact to AEW, this occurrence does have me interested. I did watch some of Dynamite last night which I haven't done in at least 6 months. I caught Sting coming back. I guess that's nice he is back on TNT but it certainly isn't going to get me to watch next week. I'm interested in seeing what happens with Omega bringing the belt to Impact and what that actually means. Obviously it is too early to tell what this all means but it does have me interested but not excited.
Impact has finished taping for the rest of 2020 and Omega wasn't at any of their shows. So at best we're just getting some prerecorded segment with Omega and Callis slapped onto an Impact episode.
That is what is being reported. Wrestling companies have been doing a lot better job of keeping things quiet during this pandemic. Even if it is just something they tape on Tuesday with Omega, it is an interesting development.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Is Omega still AAA Mega Champ?
Impact-AAA relationships still working?