Cody & Brandi Rhodes depart AEW

Discuss AEW Here! Lots of stuff going on. Live watch threads & more!
Shanahan

Re: Cody & Brandi Rhodes depart AEW

Post by Shanahan »

STARDUST IS BACK!!!!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Some of the theories of AEW fans , thinking this is a work is behind amusing/entertaining. They think Cody is passing up 3M+ annually to work indies... or take time off. The reports are literally saying he's going to WWE; and yet they fail to believe it.

Or the other "extreme" theories on the other side; that Cody see's the writing on the wall for AEW & Turner; and leaving an eventual sinking ship.

In reality; Cody is likely headed to WWE; and TK just didn't feel he was worth 4-5M per year.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I for one am just sad that we never got a full beginning, middle, and climactic closure for the scintillating saga involving Lambert. I wanted them to go all the way with it, a fully committed effort to wrap up this year's Gooker with appearances from Jericho, Dixie Carter, Bubba Ray, maybe even an Aries cameo. Now they've all but ensured that WWE will once again earn the prestigious award, of which the latter will surely have plenty of contenders.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Is he the first man who goes to WWE as former AEW star?
Montana

Post by Montana »

ICHIFUJI wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:48 am Is he the first man who goes to WWE as former AEW star?
He’s the first notable wrestler. Think a few guys/gals from dark. Ben Carter, Pineapple Pete, were probably most news worthy.
DougN

Post by DougN »

This still smells like an elaborate work to me, just because of Cody's mindset. But I'm with Montana -- the idea that he just goes to indies and not WWE here are also laughable. So I don't know what to think.

I do know that AEW loves to swerve big angles. Not in a Russo way, but by adding something to the mix. A la Hangman losing that Dark Order tag match, a la Pinnacle forming, et cetera. So in my head, I could see a scenario where Cole's group turns on Bucks and Omega and the natural idea is that Hangman reunites with them. But what if Hangman isn't enough? Enter Cody as the big surprise. The place will lose it.

But that's beyond speculation. That's just dreaming about things in the clouds. Again, I don't know what to think.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

DougN wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:45 am This still smells like an elaborate work to me, just because of Cody's mindset. But I'm with Montana -- the idea that he just goes to indies and not WWE here are also laughable. So I don't know what to think.

I do know that AEW loves to swerve big angles. Not in a Russo way, but by adding something to the mix. A la Hangman losing that Dark Order tag match, a la Pinnacle forming, et cetera. So in my head, I could see a scenario where Cole's group turns on Bucks and Omega and the natural idea is that Hangman reunites with them. But what if Hangman isn't enough? Enter Cody as the big surprise. The place will lose it.

But that's beyond speculation. That's just dreaming about things in the clouds. Again, I don't know what to think.
I feel the same way. I just don't think Cody is walking away from a reality show and another show on Turner Broadcasting over wrestling. I'm certainly not the biggest Cody fans but if anyone could transition to TV and movies it's him. I know WWE is a bigger platform for that launch but he already built that equity with Turner.