AEW Discussion

Discuss AEW Here! Lots of stuff going on. Live watch threads & more!
roacheyyy

Re: AEW Discussion

Post by roacheyyy »

Completely agree
Montana

Re: AEW Discussion

Post by Montana »

I've held my tongue a bit... but i'll throw out my thoughts on AEW in general now.

The build up to All In was a bit lackluster in; considering the Wembly stadium show; and their biggest show of all time. Some questionable matches/booking decisions, but overall a still a decent show.

I was a fan of Swerve turning on AR Fox; then Darby/Nick Wayne make the save, after AR Fox broke into wayne's garage and bloodied him.

The other thing , that i thought was kinda odd; but maybe i just missed something; was Santana & Ortiz going with BCC; against Eddie Kingston. I thought last time we saw Ortiz and Santana they were teaming with Kingston. At least Ortiz was. Here nor there; just thought that was confusing.

All In - AEW continues their string of really good PPVs. This may have even been one of their best PPV's top to bottom. Started and ended really strong. My only real complaint would just be like some of the multiman matches; like it didn't really matter who won. And the results were very predictable...but the wrestling was strong. Huge accomplishment with putting 82K people in a stadium... without any matches to really draw them in. I gotta think WWE is plotting on how to sell over 82K; although they do have the 2 day mania's now. Great for AEW though.

CM Punk & Jack Perry.... Punk just can't seem to stay away from drama. He's probably in the right; and i've been enjoying Collison more than Dynamite even. It just seems like it's a matter of time before things implode.

If i thought the All In booking was bad; AEW said hold my beer... No AEW Title Match, No Tag Title match, No Women's title match; no CM Punk, for arguably their "AEW's" biggest PPV of the year All Out. Ironically... feels more like a ROH PPV. With that said, i think the matches will still deliver; but this has the feel of the first "B" PPV. Serious Question...whats the main event of this PPV???? The ROH matches, i'm actually kinda digging. I really want to see Samoa Joe vs. Shane Taylor. The Cole/MJF vs. ??? should be really good. Kingston/Claudio tag matches is good. 4 on 4 match should be really good too. So no doubt the wrestling will deliver; it's just the lack of story and build has me kinda ehh. I predict the PPV will be really good with like a 8/10 ; but still go down as probably one of the worst PPV's they done. (If they had a PLE type deal or streaming PPV; this wouldn't sting so much, but 50$ off 1 week build ... I dont know)

WrestleDream PPV - Really feels like TK is having a hard time booking leading to the PPVs with 3 TV shows. At least they have a month to put something together for this.... but looks like it will be more AEW vs NJPW; so like , no storyline needed.