G1 Climax 24 Spoilers Thread

Discuss all things related to NJPW here
DXvsNWO1994

Re: G1 Climax 24 Spoilers Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just out of curiosity, (now that there has been time to sit on it) what's everyone's opinion on Jeff Jarrett joining the Bullet Club?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Funny moment, if he keeps showing up it'll be BAD
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Double J to dethrone the Phenomenal One at the Tokyo Dome on January 4. #bestforbusiness
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Finished the show, thought it was great. First four matches were pretty skippable. Nothing really to talk about. Cole looked good in his match and the people seemed to interested in Maria. The mid card matches suffered a bit due to a lot of guys being banged up from the tournament. Hopefully they get time off to heal but next year I think it would be wise to shave some 1 or 2 nights off the tournament just to give the guys a break. As far as the Jarrett stuff goes I thought it was really cool. I don't know if he could still go in the ring but if he's just a manager then that should be fine. Also The Bucks wore Bullet Club tights last night at the TV Tapings so I don't think they are done with New Japan.

Time Splitters vs. Red Dragon - ****(Great match here, hopefully RD gets more NJPW bookings)
Naito vs. Honma - ***
Ishii vs. Anderson - ***1/4 (Felt really bad for Ishii. Dude looks so banged up and he really needs time off.)
Goto vs. Shibata - ***1/2 (Very good match but these guys looked really banged up from the tournament as well.)
Tanahashi vs. AJ Styles - **** (Great match, hopefully Tanahashi gets a title match as I really want to see these guys go at it again.)
Okada vs. Nakamura - ****3/4 (Epic match, one of my favorite matches this year and that last Rainmaker was scary.)

Overall I thought the show was great. There were a lot better nights in the tournament but this was a great conclusion. Definitely check it out.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Just an idea, but what if reDRagon/Timesplitters II happens at All Star Extravaganza for the ROH World Tag Team titles, if reDRagon are still holding them at that point, or even in a non-title match so that reDRagon can get one back? Alex Shelley coming in would be something that would happen at an ASE and KUSHIDA already lives in Canada.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Wow. Now that it's all said and done, it's safe to see that this may be the greatest tournament in the history of pro wrestling. The fact that the finals lived up to the hype and quality of the whole tournament is quite remarkable. Okada/Nakamura was fantastic. Styles/Tanahashi was right there as well.

The Jarrett stuff was a great moment, but I'm very skeptical that I'll enjoy where it goes from here. I'm already pretty sick of Bullet Club's tactics, and adding JJ to it takes it further down that road that I don't want to be on.

Just curious, why are we using spoiler tags in a spoiler thread? It seems redundant.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

finally got through the G1 finals.

opener **1/2
Bullet Club 6man **3/4
Suzuki Gun 6man **1/2
Cole/Bennett vs CNJ and Liger ***1/4
Redragon vs Time Splitters ****1/4
Naito/Honma ***3/4
Ishii/Anderson **** what a mess of a match. Anderson elbows Ishii in the nose and busts him open. Ishii loses Anderson during superplex attempt and nearly killed him. The shot of the woman ringside crying for Ishii was priceless and summed up the match perfectly. 4 stars for crazy entertainment DUD for protecting a fellow wrestler
Shibata vs Goto ****1/4 Dear god was this ever stiff. The first Go T sleep nailed Goto hard. Absolute slugfest.
Tanahashi vs Styles **** Wtf Double J and Scott D'Amore in Bullet Club? I have to see where this is going but I like it initially. Great heat for the guitar shot, Styles clash post match. Sets up the next AJ/Tana match for the title very well
Okada vs Nakamura ****1/2 Great finish. Match built up very well. Crowd was buzzing latter stages
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Just curious to the people who gave AJ/MiSu *****, what did you give Nakamura/Okada?

Not going to say I was disappointed with AJ/MiSu but it didn't meet ***** for me. Had it at ****1/2. AJ helping the ref up/looking all worried as a heel was unreal bad.

Nakamura/Okada is my MOTY now at ****3/4. Almost perfect. So close. So very very close.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I think AJ vs Suzuki is 5 and I gave Nakamura and Okada 4 and 3/4. Loved both of those matches though and they are probably my 1 and 2 for MOTY. Maybe on second viewings it will switch but that's what they are for the time being.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Mr. Orange wrote:I think it would be wise to shave some 1 or 2 nights off the tournament just to give the guys a break. As far as the Jarrett stuff goes I thought it was really cool. I don't know if he could still go in the ring but if he's just a manager then that should be fine. Also The Bucks wore Bullet Club tights last night at the TV Tapings so I don't think they are done with New Japan.

Time Splitters vs. Red Dragon - ****(Great match here, hopefully RD gets more NJPW bookings)

Tanahashi vs. AJ Styles - **** (Great match, hopefully Tanahashi gets a title match as I really want to see these guys go at it again.)
Okada vs. Nakamura - ****3/4 (Epic match, one of my favorite matches this year and that last Rainmaker was scary.)
Schedule...
I'd like them to go every other day. with at least a couple days before the Finals. None of this back to back shows or 4 shows in 5 days which they had.

Jarrett,
I thought that angle came off pretty damn good. I loved Jarret showing the Bullet Club logo guitar to the crowd before he cracked tanahashi with it. Hopefully AJ, Karl, Young Bucks are still the stars of the Bullet Club.

redragon
- have to think they get booked again off that match and the NY one with the Bucks with Gedo/Jado there.

tanahashi/aj
- off that angle they ran they'll certainly have another match which i'm very much looking forward to

rainmaker
-those 3 consecutive rainmakers were awesome. so stiff, he really laid them in. great way to finish that match
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Quick Review of the G1 Climax Finals Show:

1.) Eight Man Tag - Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku, El Desperado & The Killer Elite Squad) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan: **3/4

2.) Six Man Tag - The Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi, Doc Gallows & Bad Luck Fale) vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & BUSHI: **1/2

3.) Six-Man Tag - Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Shelton "X" Benjamin & Takashi Iizuka) vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) & Kazushi Sakuraba: *1/2

4.) Adam Cole & Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis) vs. Jushin "Thunder" Liger & Captain New Japan: ***1/4

5.) IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Titles - The Time Splitters vs. reDRagon: ****1/4

6.) Tomoaki Honma vs. Tetsuya Naito: ***

7.) Karl Anderson vs. Tomohiro Ishii: ***1/2

8.) Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto: ***3/4

9.) G1 Climax - 3rd Place Match - AJ Styles vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi: ****1/4

10.) G1 Climax - Finals - Kazuchika Okada vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: ****3/4

Overall: 8.0/10
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer's ***+ star ratings

August 6 in Takamatsu:
Satoshi Kojima vs. Tomoaki Honma ***
Tetsuya Naito vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan ***1/4
AJ Styles vs. Yujiro Takahashi ***1/4
Lance Archer vs. Kazuchika Okada ***1/2
Yuji Nagata vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi ***1/2
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Katsuyori Shibata ***3/4
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Doc Gallows ***1/2

August 8 in Yokohama:
Shelton Benjamin vs. Tomoaki Honma ***1/2
Lance Archer vs. Hirooki Goto ***1/4
Karl Anderon vs. Tetsuya Naito ****
Yuji Nagata vs. Tomohiro Ishii ****1/2
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bad Luck Fale ***3/4
AJ Styles vs. Togi Makabe ****
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Davey Boy Smith, Jr. ****
Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazuchika Okada ****1/2

Meltzer's 2014 G-1 Climax final day ***+ star ratings

Time Splitters vs. reDRagon ***3/4
Tetsuya Natio vs. Tomoaki Honma ***1/4
Karl Anderson vs. Tomohiro Ishii ***1/4
Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata ****
AJ Styles vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi ****1/4
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kazuchika Okada ****3/4
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

Guys, think now whatever you want. I have my own opinion on this. Studying is not the limit of all dreams, and the final result for graduation should be not only a diploma but also friends who, in five years of joint studies, have become almost the second family. And sometimes you can meet a soul mate at the university, and then knowledge surely passes into the category - to retrain at least somehow. Here I have such a situation. In my 4th year, I got a wife, and now I need to find someone who can do my programming assignment. I don’t have time for this.