NJPW Thread

Discuss all things related to NJPW here
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: NJPW Thread

Post by cgstong »

If any of you are planning on ordering New Beginning Osaka on Fite, could you please use the Fite embed we have in this article. It would directly help the site. Thank you!

http://rohworld.com/fite-will-air-njpw- ... w-us-tour/
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

NJPW 02/26/2020 New Japan Road 2020 Day 3 Results

Pre-Show Match
Gurukun Mask & Ultra Soki defeated Hija Kidman & GOSAMARU.

Tag Team Match
Tiger Mask IV & Yuji Nagata defeated Yota Tsuji & Yuya Uemura.

Tag Team Match
Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) defeated BULLET CLUB (Taiji Ishimori & Gedo).

Tag Team Match
Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) defeated BULLET CLUB (Yujiro Takahashi & Jado).

Tag Team Match
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii) defeated Gabriel Kidd & Juice Robinson.

Tag Team Match
CHAOS (Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) defeated Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan.

8 Man Tag Team Match
Los Ingobernables de Japon (Hiromu Takahashi, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & EVIL) defeated Kota Ibushi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Toa Henare.

Tag Team Match
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay) defeated Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI).
or Fb.com/ROHworld
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

So Evil is double champion and Dick Togo is in Bullet Club. Today is very different from yesterday.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

NJPW 07/25/2020 Sengoku Lord Results feat EVIL vs Hiromu

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Evil (c) def. Hiromu Takahashi to retain the titles

NEVER Openweight Championship
Shingo Takagi (c) def. El Desperado to retain the title

Kazuchika Okada def. Yujiro Takahashi

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Master Wato def. Suzuki-Gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr., Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Douki)

Los Ingobernables (Tetsuya Naito, Bushi & Sanada) def. Chaos (Hirooki Goto, Yoshi-Hashi & Sho)

Ryusuke Taguchi, Satoshi Kojima & Togi Makabe def. Gabriel Kidd & Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano)

Taiji Ishimori def. Yuya Uemura
or Fb.com/ROHworld
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Instead of MSG, NJPW use Baseball stadium in August.
We can't stop the word Field Of.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

In a recent interview with The WrestlingINC Daily Podcast, Rocky Romero discussed how New Japan Pro Wrestling’s plans have changed in 2020 along with other topics:

“Well, I mean the original plan was to go August 22 to MSG, we were going to have a huge card there and obviously, with the pandemic and New York being the major hotspot, especially in the beginning, that all got thrown to the wayside, I had to come up and kind of change plans. In New Japan, in general, it’s just like a live event company more than it is like an actual TV company, so it’s very different from AEW or WWE in that sense, so obviously, being a live event company and not being able to do live events hurts our business quite a bit.

This is kind of maybe like a forced model change in a way, not saying like, oh it’s going to be TV first, but this definitely gives us maybe room to try things that we wouldn’t normally try, like a studio show shot in Los Angles, not too far from the dojo and being able to find new talent, which we’re always looking to do and always trying to add to the roster and find new players, especially new young players, because I feel like the one thing that New Japan is golden at is finding talent and creating new stars.”
or Fb.com/ROHworld
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I like the turn by Ospreay and giving him a unit to lead. Chaos and Bullet Club have been bloated rosters for too long and another group for some of them to join can create some space for guys like Yoshi-Hashi and Chase Owens room to grow and get more prominent roles.
BrandonBlosy

-

Post by BrandonBlosy »

I cant speak Russian, but thank you very much for all your NJPW torrents
But could you upload them in mp4, mkv or avi from now on? A lot of my devices, like my TV cant play flv.
I would be very grateful if you would.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Fightful is reporting that Former ROH booker Marty Scurll was backstage at a recent set of New Japan Pro Wrestling Strong tapings. Scurll expressed interest in rejoining the company. Scurll hasn’t worked for New Japan since June 2019 as a part of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament. Due to allegations during the Speaking Out Movement in June 2020, Scurll also has not been a part of ROH.

They were not told that Scurll had any involvement in the tapings.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

Just to confirm... NJPW strong is available to watch through a NJPW world subscription? It’s not available for free anywhere. NJPW strong is their US based tapings right?

The other “free option” is the roku channel stuff... which is dated.

Any other free/recent njpw content, I may be missing?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:34 am Just to confirm... NJPW strong is available to watch through a NJPW world subscription? It’s not available for free anywhere. NJPW strong is their US based tapings right?

The other “free option” is the roku channel stuff... which is dated.

Any other free/recent njpw content, I may be missing?
Strong is on NJPW World or you can buy each episode individually on Fite, but not sure why anyone would do that considering NJPW World is much cheaper. There is no free option for watching Strong and there is no free content for NJPW that is up to date. The stuff on Roku is over a year old.

And yes, Strong is produced in the US. It's taped at UWN/CWFH facilities and produced by their crew. It features regular talent from ROH, MLW, Impact, and UWN.

NJPW will literally work with anybody it seems. They are actively working with AEW, Impact, ROH, MLW, UWN, and even GCW.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thanks for confirming. I'd follow NJPW strong if it was free someplace. I like NJPW; i just don't find them harder to follow. The site navigation on world is spotty ; and again i like the product; just don't want to pay to follow the company right now.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

What the hell were they thinking?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Thumbs way down. What have you done Ibushi!?!?!?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

What the hell is wrong with Japan right now?

NJPW puts their belt on Ospreay, AJPW on Suwama, NOAH on Muta, and DDT on Akiyama?

Dragon Gate is the last sane major promotion with Shun Skywalker apparently?
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:54 am What the hell is wrong with Japan right now?

NJPW puts their belt on Ospreay, AJPW on Suwama, NOAH on Muta, and DDT on Akiyama?

Whats wrong with Ospreay as champ? He's one of the best wrestlers in the world, right? Is it just too soon, because Kota just got the belt?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:43 am
famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:54 am What the hell is wrong with Japan right now?

Whats wrong with Ospreay as champ? He's one of the best wrestlers in the world, right? Is it just too soon, because Kota just got the belt?
Ospreay has scummy allegations, it's far too soon to take the belt off Ibushi, and Ospreay has not been built well enough for this.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Since 2013, only Okada has made more than 3 successful title defenses in a single reign.

Ibushi: 3 defenses
Naito: 1 defense
Evil: 1 defense
Okada: 5 defenses
White: 0 defenses
Tanahashi: 0 defenses
Omega: 3 defenses
Okada: 12 defenses
Naito: 1 defense
Okada: 3 defenses
Styles: 1 defense
Tanahashi: 1 defense
Styles: 2 defenses
Okada: 8 defenses

The bold reigns are under 100 days

They are hot-shotting the title all over the place unless Okada has it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

It's obvious they want to define Okada as the Tom Brady of the promotion.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Doesn't mean they have to hot shot the belt around whenever he doesn't have it. He's clearly the best wrestler in the world and should be booked as such, but that doesn't mean they have to book everybody else like shit.