NJPW Thread

Discuss all things related to NJPW here
BurningHammer

Re: NJPW Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

I know the numbers don't won't prove it, and that there are probably better matches being produced at this time, but this is quite possibly the worse NJPW I've seen since the early to late middle of the 2000's. I really didn't see NJPW basically becoming a more serious DDT or better version of WCW Greed. It's amazing to see Gedo and Jado dig so deep into this styling of pro wrestling but they obviously feel it's best for business from a local market but internationally I feel they will be suffering.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Togo bringing those Attitude Era lessons he learned from Russo into the Bushiroad office.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Y'all see those Yano vs Evil stipulations?

They would make early 2010s TNA blush.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I was thinking about it today, could NJPW be planning to return to AXS?

Their Roku Channel deal isn’t exclusive.

When Impact bought AXS, they wanted to work with NjPW.

Now, NjpW and Impact seem to have some work of working agreement. FinJuice is the impact tag champs, after like 1-2 matches in impact, and EL P is running through Impact.

The only other reason NJPW would be doing this, is to keep these guys active/wrestling. Not enough time on ROH TV/NjpW strong.

So at this point, why wouldn’t NJpW just go back to Axs? I know they are looking for a bigger/better deal, but they haven’t gotten it in 2+ years I believe.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NJPW is crazy and thinks they can get a major deal. They turned down a return to AXS as well as essentially the same Vice deal that MLW accepted.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Ospreay vacates the title due to a neck injury, returning to the UK for treatment and recovery, no timetable on his return.

Jay White and David Finlay both tested positive for COVID at the airport trying to fly to the US from Japan. Both are quarantined for at least 10 days at the NJPW Dojo. Juice Robinson did not yet test positive but he was travelling with them and is quarantining with them to be safe.

If Impact didn't already take the tag titles off these dudes at a show they've already taped, that's pretty bad news for them. They are taping this week up until Slammiversary I believe, so unless they already dropped the tag titles those belts will be off TV for several weeks, if not a couple months.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I don't believe in superstition-like stuff such as karma, but if this year of shit isn't some kind of divine response to the company's behavior since Speaking Out, then nothing ever will be.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Prestigious 30 dollar trophies.

NJPW is running a show at a 5000 seat outdoor venue in LA in August.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The big venue NJPW is running in August for Fighting Spirit Unleashed is set up for about 2120 seats. There are still several hundred available but the show is a month and a half away and the ticket prices are pretty high. They may sell out and they may not, but either way, this is gonna be a big house I think. Most of the stuff close to the ring is already sold. I guess it's just open air seating outside the LA Coliseum.

On the other hand, Fighting Spirit Unleashed is only set up for 112 people and about 60% of those are already gone. They're running the normal Strong/CWFH/UWN studio so that's about all they can cram in there.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Noted child predator Chase Owens just won the provisional KOPW title.

Super classy, NJPW.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:22 am Noted child predator Chase Owens just won the provisional KOPW title.

Super classy, NJPW.
What charges has he faced and where were these charges filed? Did he even get arrested?
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

The two new young lions (Ryohei Oiwa & Kosei Fujita) are having some phenomenal matches together.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
DougN

Post by DougN »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:22 am Noted child predator Chase Owens just won the provisional KOPW title.

Super classy, NJPW.
Did I miss this story? What's the deal?
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

DougN wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:01 am

Super classy, NJPW.
Did I miss this story? What's the deal?
He apparently creeps on teenage girls and it's not a secret.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Did not hear that one. I had no "I'm surprised" or "I'm not surprised" reaction, But I am not surprised that NJPW continues to book him. It's such a weird culture shift over there. Didn't they still reference Benoit after his murder-suicide spree?
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

G1 Climax 31 Finals surprise:
ZSJ vs. Shibata - 5 minutes exhibition match under UWF rules.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Stopped watching NJPW due to nothing ever changing in the main event scene, esp. during G1 climax. Glad I didn't watch this year's. Fantastic opportunity to really elevate Sabre or Cobb - just put one of them in the finals, they don't even have to win. Nope, Okada/Ibushi AGAIN. Groan. ZSJ esp. is wasted in NJPW - guy has only moved down the card since 2018 when he won the NJ Cup. Matches sounded like the usual awesomeness, but the glacial rate of turnover in the main event scene kills it for me.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Interested in seeing how New Japan navigates the next 6 weeks with the California shows and the World Tag League/BOSJ tour. How these help build up to Wrestle Kingdom. How these build the American expansion.

NJPWofA is the most compelling aspect. Whether it's with New Japan STRONG & the LA Dojo or the use of the forbidden door.
Montana

Post by Montana »

NJPW is back on AXS. Sounds like older content Jan-Mar, and later in March they’ll start airing newer content. Believe it’s on after Impact on Thursday.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Montana wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:35 am NJPW is back on AXS. Sounds like older content Jan-Mar, and later in March they’ll start airing newer content. Believe it’s on after Impact on Thursday.
Is this axs show going to be a recap of japanese events?
Is it going to be a platform for NJPWofA?
What ROH talent and/or factions are going to be wrestling?

Also very interested in the fact that it is NJPW 50th anniversary year.