NJPW Thread

Discuss all things related to NJPW here
Montana

Re: NJPW Thread

Post by Montana »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:00 pm
Montana wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:35 am NJPW is back on AXS. Sounds like older content Jan-Mar, and later in March they’ll start airing newer content. Believe it’s on after Impact on Thursday.
Is this axs show going to be a recap of japanese events?
Is it going to be a platform for NJPWofA?
What ROH talent and/or factions are going to be wrestling?

Also very interested in the fact that it is NJPW 50th anniversary year.
https://www.njpw1972.com/112812
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

It's a shame that the iwgp intercontinental championship was discontinued. Right now, it could be what the U.S. title is ... or more importantly it could have been the traveling belt (with all the NJPW talent booked in the U.S. and abroad).
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:24 am It's a shame that the iwgp intercontinental championship was discontinued. Right now, it could be what the U.S. title is ... or more importantly it could have been the traveling belt (with all the NJPW talent booked in the U.S. and abroad).
I never understood the point of creating the NJ Strong belt when they could have just the US title there. Then the IC belt could have stayed as it was as the secondary but near equal title in Japan.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Agree...

NJ Strong belt could have been an American (TV) title. The Intercontinental could have been the international touring Championship & built some title credibility and exposure for NJPW.
With the IWGP Heavyweight remaining as the gold standard..
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

P.S. Okada vs El Desperado on day 1 of New Japan Cup should be brilliant...
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Okada still putting on bangers
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Okada vs. El Desperado was brilliant. Need to rewatch it. Shame only one of them can advance to the next round. Big Fan of Despy (and Suzuki-Gun). Going to have fun with the New Japan Cup.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

They've ruined SHO. Shingo and Ishii was awesome
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

I like Sho but do not care for House Of Torture. Hopefully Sho challenging El Desperado will bring him up to a new level.

New Japan Cup has had some good matches. Not just tournament matches but some of the multiman tag team matches & the booking narrative.

Shingo is performing at a high level.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Tekkers.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

The American expansion is going well. Texas, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C in the next 2 months.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

SATURDAY!

Ryogoku Sumo Hall sees Hyper Battle '22!

SIX title matches on a STACKED eight match card, LIVE IN ENGLISH on
@njpwworld
!

https://njpw1972.com/118090

#njpw #HyperBattle
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

GOAT Okada has done it again
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Yes. I'm going to both. Should be interesting.
Went to Capital Collision in Washington D.C & had a blast.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Watched Osprey / Natio this week on AXS. Incredible match. Natio was vicious going after the neck and Osprey sold it like a champ. I haven’t watched any NJPW in a long time and I’d forgotten that there really isn’t anything close to a big-time 30-40 minute NJPW main event. Shame the top of the card is so stagnant.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

As a non-drinker, if I took a shot tonight for every single soyboy-worthy moment during Ospreay vs. Omega, how quickly would I start to get buzzed and then drunk?

(Before anyone even asks - of course, it's the hot free agent with "fuck you" backbone and insane charisma - the closest thing to PHIL while he's still sidelined - that has convinced me to to open my wallet for this one.)
DougN

Post by DougN »

Glad you're starting the New Year with the same enthusiastic level of idiocy then.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Horrendous debut and unsure why she ditched being herself to be a poor man's Cargill persona. Ospreay vs. Omega was on its way to all-time classic (especially since they avoided the "stand around and expose the business while waiting for someone to jump on me" spot), only to not utilize the devastating Super German bump to any meaningful degree in bringing the match to its conclusion. Lots of takeaways on both ends of it for aspiring wrestlers to study.

The biggest positive takeaway - neither Ospreay nor Omega did any of their soyboy shit, instead acting and performing like top stars. In particular, I wonder the fuck can't Omega always be the business alpha male he was in this match instead of being part of the recreational soyboy act in Jacksonville Dixie Land? He was a total fucking stud in this match in terms of mannerisms and appearance.

The rest of the card is something I'll forget in a matter of days, including White vs. Okada. I question if these two just don't have the chemistry to deliver an all-time classic that dominates MOTY discussions.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Thinking Japan brings out a seriousness that is rarely seen elsewhere. When I watch some of New Japan Strong (NJPWofAmerica) you see this seriousness. The Sport of Professional Wrestling. This may be based on the dojo system & learning the craft in an undisturbed lineage that dates back to catch-as-catch-can. Regardless of what is added afterwards ... video games, cosplay, daytime TV acting.

When you see Americans with no experience in shoot style, the carnival show aspects appear. Probably due to lack of understanding history of "the sport" and thinking it's just action design like Hollywood.

Similar to British (Commonwealth) actors learning theater & stagecraft. They learn how to project to an audience & move 3 Dimensions. While American actors learn their trade doing commercials & can project only in 2 Dimensions of television and film.