NJPW Thread

Discuss all things related to NJPW here
cviens

Re: The NJPW Thread

Post by cviens »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:It seems like they're doing Nakamura/Ibushi for the Tokyo Dome Show, which I would be STOKED for!! LOVED their match from the 2013 G1.
Oh yeah, cannot wait for them to battle again.

After Power Struggle, Wrestle Kingdom 9 is shaping up to be...
Spoiler: show
IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Hiroshi Tanahashi(C) vs. Kazuchika Okada
IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (C) vs. Kota Ibushi
AJ Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito
NEVER Openweight Championship: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Togi Makabe
UWF Rules: Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazushi Sakuraba
IWGP Tag Team Championships: Anderson/Gallows (C) vs. Tag League Winners (My predictions is Shibata/Goto)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Ryusuke Taguchi (C) vs. Kenny Omega
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: reDRagon (C) vs. Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs. Time Splitters
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

cviens wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:It seems like they're doing Nakamura/Ibushi for the Tokyo Dome Show, which I would be STOKED for!! LOVED their match from the 2013 G1.
Oh yeah, cannot wait for them to battle again.

After Power Struggle, Wrestle Kingdom 9 is shaping up to be...
IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Hiroshi Tanahashi(C) vs. Kazuchika Okada
IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (C) vs. Kota Ibushi
AJ Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito
NEVER Openweight Championship: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Togi Makabe
UWF Rules: Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazushi Sakuraba
IWGP Tag Team Championships: Anderson/Gallows (C) vs. Tag League Winners (My predictions is Shibata/Goto)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Ryusuke Taguchi (C) vs. Kenny Omega
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: reDRagon (C) vs. Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs. Time Splitters
AWESOME Card, but I gotta ask......THAT SIGNATURE!!!! Where did that (Nakamura Randomly Dancing) come from?!?!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Meltzer is already going nuts, gushing and overrating that atrocious Ishii vs. Goto match. Total DUD, IMO. Has there ever been a wrestler more overrated than Ishii?
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Big Red Machine wrote:Meltzer is already going nuts, gushing and overrating that atrocious Ishii vs. Goto match. Total DUD, IMO. Has there ever been a wrestler more overrated than Ishii?
shocking statement. Ishii's got my vote for Most Outstanding pro wrestler this year. dude's insanely tough. puts on stiff realistic matches. been involved in some of the best matches of the year
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

I don't buy Ishii too.
Ishii vs. Mexican always bad.
Ishii vs. Big American make me sad.
Ishii always focus on head or neck but too tall for forearm and closeline.
His good matches are mostly small heavyweight Japanese.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Big Red Machine wrote:Meltzer is already going nuts, gushing and overrating that atrocious Ishii vs. Goto match. Total DUD, IMO. Has there ever been a wrestler more overrated than Ishii?
How new are you to puro?
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So....what's this?

http://njpwworld.com

D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So....what's this?

As it's TV Asahi, the options are a TV deal...or a New Japan version of Legend's House featuring Chono, Sasaki, and Tenryu.
cviens

Post by cviens »

D2Kvirus wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So....what's this?

As it's TV Asahi, the options are a TV deal...or a New Japan version of Legend's House featuring Chono, Sasaki, and Tenryu.
Rumor I have seen is a "New Japan Network". With TV Asahi involved I am not sure if it will be an on-demand service or an actual television station. If the rumor is even true, that is.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BlackLesnar wrote:
How new are you to puro?
Not very. I've been watchin New Japan for a few years and was into NOAH before that. I love Tanahashi, Okada, Nakamura, Makabe, Anderson, Suzuki, Sakuraba, Ibushi, and the like. I just think that Ishii's matches usually suck. He'll no-sell a million forearms to the head. Then he'll take one and sell it like he was hit with baseball bat. Then he'll just get up and start throwing headbutts. How does that make sense?
He so overuses the kickout of a finisher at one to the point where never mind not being surprising, but I could easily call the exact spot in the match where he did it. That should NEVER happen for something that is supposed to be as shocking and special as kicking out of a finisher at one.

I thought his match with Shibata last year was a perfect example of how to not do a wrestling match. The whole match seemed designed to make me not give a sh*t about any of the moves because none of them seemed to hurt either guy in any way.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Big Red Machine wrote: I thought his match with Shibata last year was a perfect example of how to not do a wrestling match. The whole match seemed designed to make me not give a sh*t about any of the moves because none of them seemed to hurt either guy in any way.
they're humans. trust me, it hurt
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

DirtyDave wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: I thought his match with Shibata last year was a perfect example of how to not do a wrestling match. The whole match seemed designed to make me not give a sh*t about any of the moves because none of them seemed to hurt either guy in any way.
they're humans. trust me, it hurt
I don't think you're really getting the (very valid) point BRM is trying to make. I agree with Ishii being overrated, his matches may be enjoyable, but they absolutely don't make any sense
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Big Red Machine wrote: He so overuses the kickout of a finisher at one to the point where never mind not being surprising, but I could easily call the exact spot in the match where he did it. That should NEVER happen for something that is supposed to be as shocking and special as kicking out of a finisher at one.
doesn't matter if you've figured it out, the crowds always react and the fans are always big time into his matches.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

cviens wrote:
Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
So Kenny Omega was indeed revealed to be the newest member of The Bullet Club at Power Struggle.
Lame. Can't there be any gaijin not in BC?
Alex Shelley, Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr.

So yes.
No singles though other than the occasional appearances by Shelton or an NWA guy.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis) & AJ entry NJPW WorldTagLeague tells they are off from Final Battle.
PeoplesChampion

Post by PeoplesChampion »

who is aj partner
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

PeoplesChampion wrote:who is aj partner
Yujiro Takahashi, Only Japanese of Bullet Club.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Block A
Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu
TenKoji
Okada & YOSHI-HASHI
Styles & Takahashi
Naito & Sombra
Iron Godz (NWA team)
The Kingdom (Bennett & Taven)
Gallows & Anderson

B Block
Nakamura & Ishii
Suzuki & Iizuka
Makabe & Honma
Goto & Shibata
Sakuraba & Yano
Killer Elite Squad
Fale & Tonga
Nagata & Nakanishi
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Robareid wrote:Block A
Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu
TenKoji
Okada & YOSHI-HASHI
Styles & Takahashi
Naito & Sombra
Iron Godz (NWA team)
The Kingdom (Bennett & Taven)
Gallows & Anderson

B Block
Nakamura & Ishii
Suzuki & Iizuka
Makabe & Honma
Goto & Shibata
Sakuraba & Yano
Killer Elite Squad
Fale & Tonga
Nagata & Nakanishi
Actually kind of surprised that Styles/Takahashi are in the same Block as Anderson & Gallows, though with three teams representing them in the tournament, I guess there was going to be a Bullet Club vs. Bullet Club Match anyway.

Also, Bennett & Taven get to wrestle both Tanahashi & Okada in their Block. That's not going to sit well with some people. Despite that, I think there's the potential for The Kingdom to have some pretty good matches in their Block.