NJPW Thread

Discuss all things related to NJPW here
PeoplesChampion

Re: The NJPW Thread

Post by PeoplesChampion »

I do follow NJ and Okada did beat AJ at G1.Okada has won G1 two times and went on to lose to Tana both times.why did okada cry?to me it makes sense because he was not able to beat tana even by giving his best.this iwgp title win moment should have been done at wrestlekingdom,but no tanahashi needs to main event
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

PeoplesChampion wrote:I do follow NJ and Okada did beat AJ at G1.Okada has won G1 two times and went on to lose to Tana both times.why did okada cry?to me it makes sense because he was not able to beat tana even by giving his best.this iwgp title win moment should have been done at wrestlekingdom,but no tanahashi needs to main event
Okada is not unable to beat Tana. They are currently at 6 and 5 each against each other. And both Okada's previous reigns have been off of Tanahashi.

"Okada beat AJ in the G1", a mid tournament match does not equal comeuppance. This match was the feud ender, with Okada beating the man who took the IWGP belt from him two years ago nearly, it's poetic justice.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Poetic justice, as well as Okada finally beating Tanahashi at WK.

If they're doing Okada/Nakamura in G1 I can't see them main eventing WK.

Tanahashi/Okada
Nakamura/Styles
Ibushi/Omega
KUSHIDA/Ricochet

I think the top 3 are a lock for WK with the rumors of Omega moving up to HW, as well as their interactions during AJ/Ibushi and commentary putting over Omegas strength today.

KUSHIDA/Ricochet will probably happen well before WK, but if it doesn't happen at KOPW I'd assume it'll take place at WK for the Jr Belt. Add in Shibata/Goto for the IC belt and you have a ridiculously stacked WK card.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

What do you think the possibility is of the Okada winning G1 as champion are? Has that been done?
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

I'm not sure if it's been done before, but I'd say 0 because G1 sets up the title match at the Tokyo Dome.

It'll be between Tanahashi/Nakamura/AJ. I'd love to see Okada/Ibushi but Ibushi isn't ready yet. That's my dream Main for WK11.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

It's been done, but I don't remember who won it as champ. Probably Inoki.
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

G1 Climax 25

A Block:
Togi Makabe
Hiroshi Tenzan
Toru Yano
Doc Gallows
Bad Luck Fale
Tetsuya Naito
Katsuyori Shibata
Kota Ibushi
Hiroshi Tanahashi
AJ Styles

B Block:
Hirooki Goto
Satoshi Kojima
Yuji Nagata
Tomoaki Honma
Michael Elgin
Karl Anderson
Yujiro Takahashi
Tomohiro Ishii
Shinsuke Nakamura
Kazuchika Okada

The July rundown for the G1 Climax 25 Tournament is as follows:

20th July (Hokkaido)
AJ Styles vs. Katsuyori Shibata
Kota Ibushi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

23rd July (Shizouka)
Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Karl Anderson

24th July (Kyoto)
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hiroshi Tenzan
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito

25th July (Kagawa)
Yuji Nagata vs. Shinskue Nakamura
Tomoaki Honma vs. Kazuchika Okada

26th July (Hiroshima)
Kota Ibushi vs. AJ Styles
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito

28th July (Oita)
Hirooki Goto vs. Tomoaki Honma
Satoshi Kojima vs. Kazuchika Okada

29th July (Fukuoka)
Tetsuya Naito vs. AJ Styles
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kota Ibushi

Into the month of August, the matches for the G1 Climax 25 Tournament are:

1st August (Osaka)
Hirooki Goto vs. Kazuchika Okada
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Tomohiro Ishii

2nd August (Aichi)
Hiroshi Tenzan vs. Kota Ibushi
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Toru Yano

4th August (Miyagi)
Yuji Nagata vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Hirooki Goto vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

5th August (Iwate)
Togi Makabe vs. AJ Styles
Tetsuya Naito vs. Kota Ibushi

7th August (Shizuoka)
Shinuske Nakamura vs. Yujiro Takahashi
Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii

8th August (Kanagawa)
Hiroshi Tenzan vs. AJ Styles
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Katsuyori Shibata

9th August (Korakuen Hall – Tokyo)
Hirooki Goto vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Tomoaki Honma vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

11th August (Korakuen Hall – Tokyo)
AJ Styles vs. Bad Luck Fale
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Togi Makabe

12th August (Korakuen Hall – Tokyo)
Yuji Nagata vs. Kazuchika Okada
Tomoaki Honma vs. Tomohiro Ishii

14th August (Ryougoku Kokugikan – Tokyo)
Togi Makabe versus Kota Ibushi
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. AJ Styles

15th August (Ryougoku Kokugikan – Tokyo)
Yuji Nagata versus Hirooki Goto
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kazuchika Okada

16th August (Ryougoku Kokugikan – Tokyo)
Block A Winner vs. Block B Winner
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I see it either being Nakamura or Ibushi as the winner.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer in the daily update:
--How about that TNA Alumni main event last night.
PeoplesChampion

Post by PeoplesChampion »

Sandy Fork wrote:
PeoplesChampion wrote:I do follow NJ and Okada did beat AJ at G1.Okada has won G1 two times and went on to lose to Tana both times.why did okada cry?to me it makes sense because he was not able to beat tana even by giving his best.this iwgp title win moment should have been done at wrestlekingdom,but no tanahashi needs to main event
Okada is not unable to beat Tana. They are currently at 6 and 5 each against each other. And both Okada's previous reigns have been off of Tanahashi.

"Okada beat AJ in the G1", a mid tournament match does not equal comeuppance. This match was the feud ender, with Okada beating the man who took the IWGP belt from him two years ago nearly, it's poetic justice.
i know okada has beaten tanahashi and he has won two world titles by beating him,but okada not beating him at WK is what bugs me off,i hope okada wins G1 and says i want tanahashi at WK because i want to beat him
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

You can find the complete G1 Climax Lineup there : http://phoenixplexreview.joystickrepubl ... max-cards/
ImageImage
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

PeoplesChampion wrote:
Sandy Fork wrote:

i know okada has beaten tanahashi and he has won two world titles by beating him,but okada not beating him at WK is what bugs me off,i hope okada wins G1 and says i want tanahashi at WK because i want to beat him
I'm sure that's what they're building towards. In fact, my prediction would be Tanahashi takes the G1 and faces Okada for the belt at WK, with Okada retaining and at WK10 doing the thing he has never done, win the Tokyo Dome main event and prove he's the new ace of NJPW as he does it.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I know Ishii and Elgin get a lot of hate around here, but bah GAWD I am so stoked to see them wrestle each other in Sumo Hall.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Ishii's match last night was actually good. Probably because he suggested a bunch of dumb sh*t backstage and Makabe just told him "no." Makabe seems to be the one guy capable of consistently pulling a good match out of that hack.
Big Red Machine

I REALLY don’t like this title change. AJ’s had the belt for almost five months, but this was only his second defense! Tanahashi never even got his rematch. Okada has faced so many guys in his two previous title reigns. AJ faced no one but Okada and Tanahashi and had one match against Ibushi. Why not use the G1 to have guys like Makabe and Shibata up for a title shot, and put Tanahashi over AJ to build up to their rematch (which should take AJ up to the Tokyo Dome) show when he can face Nakamura for the first time ever and you can put Nakamura over for a belt he hasn’t held in forever instead of just having him trade Intercontinental Title back and forth with random guys. You can even then build up a future AJ vs. Okada title match with the story being the Okada has never beaten AJ with the belt on the line (maybe have them in the same G1 block next year and give Okada the win over AJ (or even two if they are doing a block finals) en route to winning the G1 and then put the belt back on AJ so Okada can finally get the monkey off of his back at the 2017 Tokyo Dome show. Putting the title back on Okada just seems so… stagnant.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Big Red Machine wrote:I REALLY don’t like this title change. AJ’s had the belt for almost five months, but this was only his second defense! Tanahashi never even got his rematch. Okada has faced so many guys in his two previous title reigns. AJ faced no one but Okada and Tanahashi and had one match against Ibushi. Why not use the G1 to have guys like Makabe and Shibata up for a title shot, and put Tanahashi over AJ to build up to their rematch (which should take AJ up to the Tokyo Dome) show when he can face Nakamura for the first time ever and you can put Nakamura over for a belt he hasn’t held in forever instead of just having him trade Intercontinental Title back and forth with random guys. You can even then build up a future AJ vs. Okada title match with the story being the Okada has never beaten AJ with the belt on the line (maybe have them in the same G1 block next year and give Okada the win over AJ (or even two if they are doing a block finals) en route to winning the G1 and then put the belt back on AJ so Okada can finally get the monkey off of his back at the 2017 Tokyo Dome show. Putting the title back on Okada just seems so… stagnant.
Because Okada's road to redemption needed to reach this stage.
Also because they want to establish Okada as the future, dominion is one of the biggest shows New Japan runs. It made perfect sense.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Big Red Machine wrote:Ishii's match last night was actually good. Probably because he suggested a bunch of dumb sh*t backstage and Makabe just told him "no." Makabe seems to be the one guy capable of consistently pulling a good match out of that hack.
jeez fuck that for an opinion
Big Red Machine

Sandy Fork wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I REALLY don’t like this title change. AJ’s had the belt for almost five months, but this was only his second defense! Tanahashi never even got his rematch. Okada has faced so many guys in his two previous title reigns. AJ faced no one but Okada and Tanahashi and had one match against Ibushi. Why not use the G1 to have guys like Makabe and Shibata up for a title shot, and put Tanahashi over AJ to build up to their rematch (which should take AJ up to the Tokyo Dome) show when he can face Nakamura for the first time ever and you can put Nakamura over for a belt he hasn’t held in forever instead of just having him trade Intercontinental Title back and forth with random guys. You can even then build up a future AJ vs. Okada title match with the story being the Okada has never beaten AJ with the belt on the line (maybe have them in the same G1 block next year and give Okada the win over AJ (or even two if they are doing a block finals) en route to winning the G1 and then put the belt back on AJ so Okada can finally get the monkey off of his back at the 2017 Tokyo Dome show. Putting the title back on Okada just seems so… stagnant.
Because Okada's road to redemption needed to reach this stage.
Also because they want to establish Okada as the future, dominion is one of the biggest shows New Japan runs. It made perfect sense.
What road to redemption? He only lost his most recent title match a few months ago (and only lost the belt a year ago).
And how has he not already been established as the future? He's won multiple G1s (including one finals over Nakamura) and taken the IWGP Title from Tanahashi twice. What else does he need to do to be established as "the future"?
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

It would basically be like an NFL team winning a playoff game, but not winning the Super Bowl.

Until he beats Tanahashi at WK in the Dome, he is not the "future".