ICHIFUJI

Re: The NJPW Thread

Post by ICHIFUJI »

versus?
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

BigTChamp wrote:
Side question for people who watch a lot of Japanese wrestling and/or speak the language.. I've picked up that "bassus" or however it's spelled indicates the challenger in a match, but they say it even for matches where no title is on the line.. in that case is it supposed to just indicate the lower ranked wrestler or what?
It's just a Japanese person trying to say "versus"
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

BigTChamp wrote:I would love to see more New Japan broadcast with English commentary, Kelly and Corino would be decent although I'd rather have the guys who do the NJPW AXS show. I'm personally holding off on an NJPWWorld purchase unless the long rumored English commentary team actually comes to pass.
I'm not sure English commentary has ever been rumoured for NJW. I may have missed something, but if you're waiting for that you could be waiting decades.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Robareid wrote:
BigTChamp wrote:I would love to see more New Japan broadcast with English commentary, Kelly and Corino would be decent although I'd rather have the guys who do the NJPW AXS show. I'm personally holding off on an NJPWWorld purchase unless the long rumored English commentary team actually comes to pass.
I'm not sure English commentary has ever been rumoured for NJW. I may have missed something, but if you're waiting for that you could be waiting decades.
There's been rumors going since they announced world. But I haven't heard anything about it being close to finalized.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

There's been rumours of a full english translation for the site, but has their really been rumours of English commentary? News to me.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Robareid wrote:There's been rumours of a full english translation for the site, but has their really been rumours of English commentary? News to me.
The English site is confirmed. Sometime late this year-early next year.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Haha, versus makes more sense. Fail on my part
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

I just want an APP on ROKU or something
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
It is official that the entire G-1 Climax tournament will be live on New Japan World. It is expected that the tournament matches will be announced this week, either at a press conference, or an intermission announcement on the Dominion show, or a little at both.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

--Ricochet showed up at today's New Japan card and challenged the winner of Sunday's Kenny Omega vs. Kushida match for the IWGP jr. title. Ricochet hasn't been in New Japan since he signed with Lucha Underground.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:
--Ricochet showed up at today's New Japan card and challenged the winner of Sunday's Kenny Omega vs. Kushida match for the IWGP jr. title. Ricochet hasn't been in New Japan since he signed with Lucha Underground.
Not a good sign for Lucha Underground, but a good thing for New Japan if Ricochet decides to work there more frequently. If he becomes somewhat regular there, maybe that opens the door for an ROH appearance :) (but that's me just being hopeful).
PeoplesChampion

Post by PeoplesChampion »

F*ck this company.i dont understand thier booking
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

PeoplesChampion wrote:F*ck this company.i dont understand thier booking
What was it that you had a problem with? I enjoyed Dominion and felt that all the title changes were fitting.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

This was quite a good show. I only watched from the Kushida match to the end (not waking up at 4), and it was good. Kushida/Omega hard some great selling and a fun back and forth at the end, enjoyed it. Ishii/Makabe was pretty much what everyone would expect. Tag match I didn't watch entirely but hopefully this feud is over (pls Gedo stahp). Goto/Shibata was entertaining, the finishing stretch was spectacular. The main event was awesome and the last sequence was amazing also. I'm sad AJ lost the belt, but it makes sense. Does the G1 winner automatically get the WK title shot? If so I wouldn't doubt a Tanahashi victory at the Climax.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

The finishing sequence from AJ/Okada might be the best finishing sequence I've ever seen in wrestling. My God. If you watch it spoiler free you'll jump out of your seat like 4 times.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The Blocks for the G1 :
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Togi Makabe, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Toru Yano, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale, Tetsuya Naito, Katsuyori Shibata, Kota Ibushi, Hiroshi Tanahashi & AJ Styles
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Hirooki Goto, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata, Michael Elgin, Tomoaki Honma, Karl Anderson, Yujiro Takahashi, Tomohiro Ishii, Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazuchika Okada
ImageImage
PeoplesChampion

Post by PeoplesChampion »

Sandy Fork wrote:
What was it that you had a problem with? I enjoyed Dominion and felt that all the title changes were fitting.
the iwgp world title change,why did they give aj belt in first place?just so that tanahashi wouldnt have to drop it to okada?people never realise but tanahashi is just like john cena and many talents are held down for him,just see how he even tried to no sell nagata footwork and when him and goto have that match for iwgp title and goto dropped in on his neck and after 5 mins this guy is jumping around the ring
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

PeoplesChampion wrote:
Sandy Fork wrote:
the iwgp world title change,why did they give aj belt in first place?just so that tanahashi wouldnt have to drop it to okada?people never realise but tanahashi is just like john cena and many talents are held down for him,just see how he even tried to no sell nagata footwork and when him and goto have that match for iwgp title and goto dropped in on his neck and after 5 mins this guy is jumping around the ring
Because Okada had to get the belt from AJ. Okada has already won the IWGP belt from Tana twice. This was Okada's redemption which he has been chasing for over a year. Plus he got to save the IWGP belt from the evil bullet club.

You want a politicker in New Japan? Look at Makabe. That's New Japan's answer to HHH. Playing the game all the time.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

As Sandy Fork already said, Makabe is the politics guy in New Japan. Case in point, him losing the NEVER title via forfeit due to injury, and then beating Ishii for it the next match. Now that is BS.

Also, perhaps you don't follow New Japan. I'm going to assume you don't, because the #1 storyline in the company for 2015 is the following. Okada lost at WK9 to Tanahashi. After that he lost a few matches himself. Perhaps some doubt had crossed into his mind if he was the #1 guy. He could never beat AJ for the title. So the storyline arc is the following

Okada beats AJ for the title, getting his redemption and finally proving that he can beat AJ Styles. Then, at WK10 he finally beats Tanahashi at the grandest stage and proves that Tanahashi's time as the ace is over, and Okada cements himself as the "Ace" of New Japan for the next decade. It's perfect booking. 100% perfect
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Except all arrows point to Nakamura winning the G1 and challenging at WK. But if Okada can take out Nakamura, he can also take out Tana.