Can WWE Rebound

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Montana

Can WWE Rebound

Post by Montana »

With such a massive company, and so much social/pop/media presence WWE does nothing to help themselves with their excessive programing.

The Good
- Weekly Live Programming
- An Affordable WWE Network
- Everything from Topps cards, to T-shirt, to vidoe games etc ... lots of different "stuff' fans can enjoy
- Pays lots of talent, very well; and provides a platform
- Great talent Roster
- Highly profitable
- History

The Bad
- Short Term storytelling
- Sacrifices long term growth for short term profit
- Cant make a star in 2020
- The programming is excessive.
- partnering with Fox which should have been a big win for them; has turned into being forced to put top stars on SD; and neglect Raw.
- More talent than they know what to do with.

I'm sure there are plenty more on the bad side... but those are what's coming to mind.

I feel like in order for them to rebound ... two things need to change.

1) Reduction in programming. No more 3 hour Raw. NXT goes back to the Network.
2) Major shift/ overhual in booking strategy

The question is ; is Vince & WWE too stubborn to make the changes needed?? I fully believe they/Vince is looking to sell the company in the next 5 years or so.... but the steady decline is worrisome and would certainly impact potential sales to Fox/ESPN. Not that i think WWE is going away or anything like that; but like we've said in years past; they don't make the changes necessary; and have either burned out their fanbase; or just given them a product they didn't want.
kovs27

Re: Can WWE Rebound

Post by kovs27 »

I think the biggest issue WWE faces is that they have burned out and pushed away their core audience. They either stop watching wrestling (like many WCW fans after they were bought) or find a different wrestling show to watch. I do think a product like AEW does appeal to those who still want to watch wrestling but have tired of WWE. Companies like Impact and ROH hurt as well but on a much smaller scale. I don't have the answer for how WWE gets these fans back or what changes they can implement, I just know there isn't a quick fix to solve the problem.
famicommander

Re: Can WWE Rebound

Post by famicommander »

They lost me with the Invasion and never got me back as a full time fan. I don't care what they do anymore. Vince is an absurdly horrible excuse for a human being and WWE is an absurdly bad excuse for a wrestling promotion.