Random wrestling thoughts

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
roacheyyy

Random wrestling thoughts

Post by roacheyyy »

With not much wrestling going on at the moment I was thinking about which male wrestler born in the 90s would go on to have the best career. For me it's Will Ospreay who is already elite at 26. I don't know if he'll end up ever singing with WWE or AEW but I can see him having a lot of success in New Japan for a long time. Interested to hear if you guys think anyone else can go on to have a legendary career, here are some others born in the 90s:

Tyler Bate
Darby Allin
MJF
The Velveteen Dream
Dragon Lee
Bandido
Flamita
Lio Rush
Pete Dunne
Ilja Dragunov
Cameron Grimes
Sammy Guevara
Jay White
Adam Page
David Starr
Rich Swann
Fenix
Isaiah Scott
Jordan Devlin
Montana

Re: Random wrestling thoughts

Post by Montana »

Guess it depends how people view success... Is it success in WWE as main eventing WM... Or simply holding things like AEW/ROH/NJPW gold??

Here's my top 5 in long of commercial success.

Austin Theory - Think he's a future WWE champ... all day. I may be wrong... but he could get Cena treatment in a few years. I wouldn't be that surprised.

MJF - I think he's going to have a very successful career. I'm just not sure if he can turn face, and be a huge superstar. But certainly has potential.

Adam Page - Future AEW champ... Champ, but probably not a huge game changer in terms of sky rocketing AEW.

Jay White - The Future of NJPW, and Possibly. Probably the most successful thus far.

Sammy Guevara - Kind of like Page and MJF... Think they all will have really good AEW careers. I'm just not sold on that "he's the one or has it" .

Really like some of the other names too on the list like : Darby, Lio Rush, Dream, Bandido, and guys like Myron Reed, Ace Austin... Just hard to say right now they are future world champs. Certainly potential is there. Someone like an Eli Isom may come out of no where. Who knows.

Now... I do really like some early 30's wrestlers too.

Babatunde (31 years old) - Kind of a dark horse, but dude is like the next Big Show / Braun. Has Superstar potential imo.

Walter (32 years old) - Love Walter... Future WWE champ imo.

Marty Scurll (31 Years Old) - He'll very an interesting career...and arguable one that is extremely successful in the business.

Rush (31 years old) - Think he has many more World Championships in his future.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Well, looks like we can officially say that Marty has returned to this business.

1:04:55
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIyrEIir9Ic[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5iHECCjRpE[/youtube]
DougN

Post by DougN »

Sigh. Was gonna happen sooner than later.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Marty got to the point that not only he came back to wrestling ring, but now he even wins the title.
He's a champion in 'Unlimited Wrestling' in Germany. Of course it's not something big, but well..... you have to start with something in your 'new chapter'.

https://wrestlingrepublic.com/marty-scu ... legations/

Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

He looks so short there. Admittedly curious to see how far this goes. Has he totally dropped the plague mask/costume? Felt like the outfit/entrance was a big part of the appeal.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Know what something that's always stuck out to me? Booker T is probably the biggest name that WWE owns so much footage on that they never put out a DVD set of his greatest matches + a career and life retrospective