Master P buys House of Glory

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

Master P buys House of Glory

Post by famicommander »

Shocking news. Apparently Brian XL will still run creative but Master P, who is worth around 700 million dollars, is putting his muscle and money behind the promotion.
Reaper G

Re: Master P buys House of Glory

Post by Reaper G »

Will this see the return of the West Texas Rednecks?
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

What does Master P know about the wrestling business?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Indynut wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:31 am What does Master P know about the wrestling business?
I don't know what the extent of his knowledge is beyond his brief WCW run in 1999. But I do know that he has 700 million dollars he made primarily promoting live and prerecorded entertainment.

He has stupid money. Like, more than the parent companies/owners of every other pro wrestling promotion in the world except WWE, AEW, ROH, DDT+NOAH, Dragon Gate, Impact, and maybe CMLL (nobody knows how much the Alonsos are worth but it's a LOT). The owners of NJPW, AJPW, AAA, MLW, NWA, all combined and tripled don't have the cash Master P does.

If he decides to pump some of that cash into it, he can make some noise no matter how little he knows about the business.
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

He certainly is not a wrestling person. When WCW was around, most individuals who put in charge did not know the wrestling business.

Case in point:

Jim Herd(I call him Jim Terd)
Kip Frey
Bill Bush
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Indynut wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:08 am He certainly is not a wrestling person. When WCW was around, most individuals who put in charge did not know the wrestling business.

Case in point:

Jim Herd(I call him Jim Terd)
Kip Frey
Bill Bush
1. None of those guys had 700 million dollars
2. None of those guys built a global empire promoting live events and selling media rights
3. Master P isn't actually taking over creative
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm optimistic about it... but i also don't think they'll be a major player either. Probably somewhere between MLW and NWA in the pecking order.

Purely speculation on my part... but here's what i think about Master P and House of Glory:

- Passion Project, and he loves wrestling. He wants to give people the opportunity that maybe they didn't get elsewhere.

- I think he see's a lack of a "Urban" wrestling product... which is true . I think going this route, could be semi-successful on a smaller scale. Think it could struggle on a larger scale. Maybe trying to go more of a reality side of wrestling, and trying some different things.

- Ultimately it will come down to the TV deal... which who knows how good of a TV deal Master P can pull off. Maybe on a Urban network.

- Worst possible time for another company to pop up, BUT i will say he's offering a different product. Again, very crowded wrestling space.

- He bought the company 5 months ago... and what's he done with it in 5 months?? just saying... Even if you want to take a year to analyze the market, establish a roster, ETC... At least keep people updated. Look at AEW... that's how you do it. Current Buzz.. they could have been arguably been more popular prior to starting AEW than now... with everyone's expectations being high. Plus look at their First show rating compared to today's. They've done a great job... but it's hard to capture that "What if" buzz and keep the momentum. Think they've done about as well as anyone could ask.

- The other question, is how much money is he willing to throw at this project. It's not like he's throwing 100-200 million into the company. (at least i don't expect... given the lack of content in the last 5 months) . It will likely be like, here's 20 Million.. do what you can do with it, and i want some return on investment. Most wrestling companies aren't extremely profitable and it won't be easy for Master P.

Possible names that may align:

ACH,
Enzo & Cass
Low Ki
Homicide
Looks like they use a lot of the same talent as TNA as well.

Again, purely speculation until something actually happens.... which might be a while.