MLW Fusion

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Chrisvegas27

Re: MLW Fusion

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Court said the new show has already two bids so we will probably will get a second mlw show by the end of year will it be with discovery espn or cbs sports network
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

“We have at least two bids on a second show, and it’s a project that we’ve been looking at,” said Bauer. “And what we see is an opportunity to kind of scale up our roster, give more opportunities for our guys to work, put more eyes on our product, but do it a little bit differently.

“Will this be a brand split or something else? It’s gonna be a little bit of something else. But right now we’re in a great spot…. I’m the only free agent in the game. AEW [is] tied up with WarnerMedia, AXS owns IMPACT, I’m in a great position.

“We have other shows we can create, other opportunities we can develop and explore with networks and streamers. It’s a gold rush moment in the content world.”
I would guess that this is the Lucha Underground ripoff they've been teasing.

Would also seem to indicate that Vice is getting Fusion but Court keeps dodging answering that question directly. But if he's referring to a future show as a second show, then that would imply that Vice will be airing the same show the other platforms already have.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Watching this weeks episode, King Mo had an awful looking match and Dan Lambert had a shitty promo and referenced Mo not tapping and Low Ki. How long ago was that? Why are we supposed to care now???
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

MLW should dump both Mo and Garrini. Nobody cares about your MMA or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu skills if you suck at wrestling, which they both do.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Meltzer is reporting two seemingly contradictory stories about MLW.

First, that MLW is having trouble securing Visas for Mexican talent and will thus be booking them less frequently. But the only Mexican talent they have are Los Parks and Laredo Kid, Laredo is clearly working as an independent star as he comes and goes as he pleases between AEW, MLW, Impact, and the indies so I guess that means Los Parks are on the way out.

The second story, which contradicts the first, is that Azteca Underground is indeed the second show they are in talks with Discovery about and they will be trying to book as much former Lucha Underground talent as possible to work the show. They do have Muertes, who is of course Puerto Rican, and TJP and Daivari who had a cup of coffee in Lucha Underground. Maybe they could get Ricky Reyes, Marty the Moth, Ricky Mandel, Paul London? Not that many former Lucha Underground guys that aren't either Mexican or signed to WWE/AEW/Impact/ROH.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:41 pm Meltzer is reporting two seemingly contradictory stories about MLW.

First, that MLW is having trouble securing Visas for Mexican talent and will thus be booking them less frequently. But the only Mexican talent they have are Los Parks and Laredo Kid, Laredo is clearly working as an independent star as he comes and goes as he pleases between AEW, MLW, Impact, and the indies so I guess that means Los Parks are on the way out.

The second story, which contradicts the first, is that Azteca Underground is indeed the second show they are in talks with Discovery about and they will be trying to book as much former Lucha Underground talent as possible to work the show. They do have Muertes, who is of course Puerto Rican, and TJP and Daivari who had a cup of coffee in Lucha Underground. Maybe they could get Ricky Reyes, Marty the Moth, Ricky Mandel, Paul London? Not that many former Lucha Underground guys that aren't either Mexican or signed to WWE/AEW/Impact/ROH.
If they get a tv deal along with a steaming deal with discovery what channel do you see it on if its like lucha underground about supernatural stuff i could see it on the travel channel
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:03 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:41 pm Meltzer is reporting two seemingly contradictory stories about MLW.

If they get a tv deal along with a steaming deal with discovery what channel do you see it on if its like lucha underground about supernatural stuff i could see it on the travel channel
Meltzer seems to think it might be for Discovery+, but who knows. Discovery+, Destination America, TLC, or Travel would be the only ones that would make any sort of sense at all. It sure as hell won't be on Discovery Channel, Science Channel, HGTV, DIY, Motor Trend, The Cooking Channel, or the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:35 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:03 pm

Meltzer seems to think it might be for Discovery+, but who knows. Discovery+, Destination America, TLC, or Travel would be the only ones that would make any sort of sense at all. It sure as hell won't be on Discovery Channel, Science Channel, HGTV, DIY, Motor Trend, The Cooking Channel, or the Oprah Winfrey Network.
I would think if discovery offers court a small fee for discovery+ and ad split fee for one of their networks mlw would take it
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

MLW would be the only “sports” on Discovery +. I bought a month for my wife. MLW (or any wrestling promotion) would be a strange fit there. Not sure why Discovery would waste their time and money trying to bring a low rated, B promotion to the same service as 90 Day Fiancé and Diners, DriveIns, and Dives.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:03 pm MLW would be the only “sports” on Discovery +. I bought a month for my wife. MLW (or any wrestling promotion) would be a strange fit there. Not sure why Discovery would waste their time and money trying to bring a low rated, B promotion to the same service as 90 Day Fiancé and Diners, DriveIns, and Dives.
Its probably for one of their networks i thought i read bauer said he already had two bids for the new show
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm a fan casual MLW fan; and at first i was kind of excited with the Vice deal; but now... not so much. While YES having your show on more better can help generate more fans... it seems like it could divide the fanbase even more. Like i said i am a casual viewer , really like the product; but just haven't kept up with it lately. However now they are adding more channels/ways to watch... it's getting confusing to seek out what is the new content and where is it. I probably really just need to catch up on Youtube.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:16 am I'm a fan casual MLW fan; and at first i was kind of excited with the Vice deal; but now... not so much. While YES having your show on more better can help generate more fans... it seems like it could divide the fanbase even more. Like i said i am a casual viewer , really like the product; but just haven't kept up with it lately. However now they are adding more channels/ways to watch... it's getting confusing to seek out what is the new content and where is it. I probably really just need to catch up on Youtube.
It looks like this is just going to be another channel airing Fusion. The only thing we don't know for sure is whether Fusion will remain on Youtube. We know it's coming to Vice and we know Fusion is staying on DAZN, BeIN, Fubo, and all the same international outlets.

The only thing that seems to be different is the potential Azteca Underground project with Discovery. And, theoretically, DAZN gets MLW PPVs for no additional charge but they haven't run any since their deal started. Beyond that it's all just Fusion. There's no other original content except for the odd Youtube video.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:16 am I'm a fan casual MLW fan; and at first i was kind of excited with the Vice deal; but now... not so much. While YES having your show on more better can help generate more fans... it seems like it could divide the fanbase even more. Like i said i am a casual viewer , really like the product; but just haven't kept up with it lately. However now they are adding more channels/ways to watch... it's getting confusing to seek out what is the new content and where is it. I probably really just need to catch up on Youtube.
You will have a lot of time to catch up. After the 5/5 show, they won’t have any new content until mid July. Great way to kick off on a new network!
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Anyone watch this weeks episode? I hate continuity errors. Kevin Ku walks out in a white t-shirt and then shortly after he’s in some black get up. Salina walks to the ring in an all red get up and then moments later, she’s being kidnapped in all black. You should be wearing the same thing all episode.

She also wore a white dress with what looked like red socks on several episodes this year.
GODSON

Post by GODSON »

Worst Booking Team in the business. Hammerstone vs Fatu is their saving grace.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

RIP MLW if this happens:
“They (WWE) are in talks with MLW and it’s along the lines of the old Evolve deal or to a degree the 90s ECW deal. The idea is to get some of the developmental guys who aren’t working on NXT television some work.”
https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-news ... ationship/

I guess ruining Progress, ICW, Evolve, and wXw wasn't enough for Vince. If Court gets into bed with WWE I will never watch MLW again.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:26 am RIP MLW if this happens:
“They (WWE) are in talks with MLW and it’s along the lines of the old Evolve deal or to a degree the 90s ECW deal. The idea is to get some of the developmental guys who aren’t working on NXT television some work.”

I guess ruining Progress, ICW, Evolve, and wXw wasn't enough for Vince. If Court gets into bed with WWE I will never watch MLW again.
I'll keep watching but we all know how it's going to end.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:57 am
famicommander wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:26 am RIP MLW if this happens:

I'll keep watching but we all know how it's going to end.
My thoughts exactly... Interesting move for WWE... i'm not surprised for MLW. I am quite surprised MLW can afford the contracts and talent they have on contract. From a financial perspective, i wouldn't be surprised if they were the next company to go under. Maybe some of those new deals with be saving graces.

In theory working with WWE can/should help; but always seems to be the kiss of death; when WWE starts pulling the top talent; and replaces with green students.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Appears Salina De La Renta is leaving MLW. Not sure if an angle or for real.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Mike Johnson is reporting there are no ongoing talks between MLW and WWE.

Could be just something Court floated out there for attention.