MLW Fusion

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
NewROHFan2020

Re: MLW Fusion

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:23 pm Mike Johnson is reporting there are no ongoing talks between MLW and WWE.

Could be just something Court floated out there for attention.
Good. WWE doesn’t need more talent. I wouldn’t mind if they “loaned” a guy or two to MLW for a year or so, but other than that, fuck no.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

https://411mania.com/wrestling/mlw-look ... n-tankman/

Hard to guess what their definition of "high profile" talent would be. You gotta figure even with the new Vice deal people like Andrade or Joe are still out of their reach.

They also don't have a women's division so that eliminates many of the bigger names out there like Thea Trinidad/Zelina Vega, The Iiconics, Mickie James, Tessa Blanchard, or Cheslea Green/Laurel Van Ness.

There are quite a few ex-WWE, ROH, and Impact guys out there still. Davey Richards, Austin Aries, Chris Hero, Mojo Rawley, Authors of Pain, Shaheem Ali, Bubba Dudley, Stevie Richards, Andrew Everett, Bull Dempsey, Colin Delaney, Daga, JTG, Jake Crist, Kalisto, The Ascension, No Way Jose, Wes Briscoe, Wesley Blake. Not saying they SHOULD sign the people on that list. I mean, a few of them for sure, but obviously nobody should sign Mojo.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I didn’t see MLW on the Top 150 cable programs on Saturday. Great debut!!!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shocking news that a weekend afternoon airing of a year old episode didn't draw.

We'll see what happens when they start airing new episodes.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:20 am Shocking news that a weekend afternoon airing of a year old episode didn't draw.

Since you claim MLW is more popular than other promotions, I would think their loyal fans would tune in. Guess they’re not that popular.

I don’t think Court was making a big deal about being on Vice to not even rate in the Top 150 cable.

Like I said, you can be on 100 channels in 400 countries, if no one watches, you’re just as irrelevant as everyone else.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:14 pm
famicommander wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:20 am Shocking news that a weekend afternoon airing of a year old episode didn't draw.

Since you claim MLW is more popular than other promotions, I would think their loyal fans would tune in. Guess they’re not that popular.

I don’t think Court was making a big deal about being on Vice to not even rate in the Top 150 cable.

Like I said, you can be on 100 channels in 400 countries, if no one watches, you’re just as irrelevant as everyone else.
Just wait and see. Nobody expected year-old repeats airing on weekend afternoons to set the world on fire. Vice averages fewer than 40,000 viewers per hour of programming. Most nights nothing on their channel makes the top 150.

Everything MLW has been doing has been directed towards their July "season premiere". If that doesn't chart, this endeavor has failed. But I'm willing to bet it does.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Just wait and see. Nobody expected year-old repeats airing on weekend afternoons to set the world on fire. Vice averages fewer than 40,000 viewers per hour of programming. Most nights nothing on their channel makes the top 150.

Everything MLW has been doing has been directed towards their July "season premiere". If that doesn't chart, this endeavor has failed. But I'm willing to bet it does.
Maybe it will. Depends on who they’re keeping and signing. I hope they do well, but a “major promotion” should be able to garner some ratings on their first show. MLW should be either leading into or following new Dark Side of The Ring episodes. Maybe have a late night replay on a weeknight.

I just think it’s a mistake debuting on a new network with old shit.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:45 pm
famicommander wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Maybe it will. Depends on who they’re keeping and signing. I hope they do well, but a “major promotion” should be able to garner some ratings on their first show. MLW should be either leading into or following new Dark Side of The Ring episodes. Maybe have a late night replay on a weeknight.

I just think it’s a mistake debuting on a new network with old shit.
They didn't even really advertise the debut. There's no harm in airing these episodes now. I assume as we draw closer to the new tapings they will start airing ads during the commercial breaks of the Fusion repeats and Dark Side of the Ring for it. And the presumption is still that it will lead into Dark Side once new content begins to air.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Hey guys. Im interested in MLW a bit. But id figure id start in the past . can anyone give me a top ten best matches throughout the years? if you wanna give more please do!!! Thanks!!!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

John Pollock has a new interview with Court Bauer up. Bullet points:
-Exclusive specials still planned for DAZN
-Salina De La Renta was written off with the ending to the season finale
-They do not have the rights to use the Dario Cueto name so he will be using a different one
-They did not want to do a bridge taping with no fans which is why they are trying the season format, may use the seasons going forward
-Looking to implement big production quality increases and sign more talent
-tries to explain the AAA Cruiserweight title nonsense
-no heat between MLW and AAA, Court claims to have talked to them within hours of this interview
-Court is not sure exactly how quickly after the July tapings that new episodes will start airing, working that out with Vice now
-WWE's Peacock deal increased interest from other streaming services in MLW and wrestling in general
-Says Youtube is still very problematic for wrestling as far as revenue, doesn't commit to Fusion staying on Youtube
-Refuses to comment on MLW/WWE discussions
-Not interested in selling the company, has had no discussions about selling
-MLW's 2017 return was originally going to be a one shot deal, 3 weeks later they were in talks with BeIN Sports

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/05/0 ... urt-bauer/
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

indyfan wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 am Hey guys. Im interested in MLW a bit. But id figure id start in the past . can anyone give me a top ten best matches throughout the years? if you wanna give more please do!!! Thanks!!!
Sorry, I have only been watching since sometime last year or earlier this year. I haven’t watched any old stuff. Just stay the fuck away from Tom Lawlor’s “Filthy Island”.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:15 pm
indyfan wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 am Hey guys. Im interested in MLW a bit. But id figure id start in the past . can anyone give me a top ten best matches throughout the years? if you wanna give more please do!!! Thanks!!!
Sorry, I have only been watching since sometime last year or earlier this year. I haven’t watched any old stuff. Just stay the fuck away from Tom Lawlor’s “Filthy Island”.
Cool thanks!!! They dont seem to put on many great matches. Whats the appeal of this company?

its hard to find a diverse list
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:21 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:15 pm
Cool thanks!!! They dont seem to put on many great matches. Whats the appeal of this company?

its hard to find a diverse list
The only taping they have done during the pandemic covered months worth of tv. They seemed to be going for quantity over quality. Hopefully the show gets better in July when they start taping again.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

ROH has been the only good promotion since September.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I started watching MLW because the other guy that posts in this thread was talking about how great and how big time MLW was. I had only heard about MLW from listening to Bruce and Tony’s podcasts from a few years ago.

I only continue to watch it because I am still working from home and it’s on YouTube. I do enjoy a few of their performers. You might want to check out both Rush/Reed matches and the Fatu/Tankman match. Nothing else really memorable match wise.

MLW has the same problem as ROH, they have 1 hour of TV per week. Even then, they had a few weeks where they had 15 year old matches, at least ROH didn’t do that. Back to my point, you go weeks or months without seeing certain people.

What’s the appeal of the company? Well, when I first started watching, I thought they tried to come off as more “real” than other promotions, but that was quickly put to bed. They have this stupid Contra thing. An outside group that “interrupts” transmissions of the show, cutting off interviews and announcements. Obviously, MLW isn’t marketed to kids, but we still get hokey shit like that.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

don't forget the part where Savio Vega was murdered on television and buried in a shallow jungle grave
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Philly show is sold out according to how many seats the state will currently allow them to sell, but Court is hoping they'll be able to sell some more as they continue to ease COVID restrictions.

Dallas and Chicago are getting the next two shows in September and November respectively and Bauer says they are talking to Melrose Ballroom about a return to New York in the near future.

From this taping schedule of one stop every two months we can assume they're taping 8 episodes at one hour per when they return to touring, unless they try to stick us with more Underground repeats or recap episodes. That's over 6 hours per taping (factoring in commercials) so the fans may get a bit restless if they don't deliver.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:50 pm Philly show is sold out according to how many seats the state will currently allow them to sell, but Court is hoping they'll be able to sell some more as they continue to ease COVID restrictions.

Dallas and Chicago are getting the next two shows in September and November respectively and Bauer says they are talking to Melrose Ballroom about a return to New York in the near future.

From this taping schedule of one stop every two months we can assume they're taping 8 episodes at one hour per when they return to touring, unless they try to stick us with more Underground repeats or recap episodes. That's over 6 hours per taping (factoring in commercials) so the fans may get a bit restless if they don't deliver.
Oh man, I do not want to be there for six hours. Hopefully they figure out something a little more suitable.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:53 pm
famicommander wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:50 pm Philly show is sold out according to how many seats the state will currently allow them to sell, but Court is hoping they'll be able to sell some more as they continue to ease COVID restrictions.

Oh man, I do not want to be there for six hours. Hopefully they figure out something a little more suitable.
Well if they do 7 episodes then that's about 5 hours, 15 minutes factoring in commercials.

I guess you also have to figure that some percentage of the shows will be pretaped or backstage stuff so maybe they could get it down under 5 hours either way.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

so does this company produce must see matches?