All Elite Wrestling Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
monster mafia

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread

Post by monster mafia »

SweetDaddy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:29 pm [Some bigoted stuff that papers over Hogan's racism and is transphobic. Which is way, way against our standards for conduct.]
wow
Last edited by Wilson on Sun May 19, 2019 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted message has been altered
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

AEW already working the sheets with the PAC "creative differences".
This a visa issue I'm certain.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

SweetDaddy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:41 pm [More weird bigotry.]
Oh my goodness...you're that Impact mark from Twitter who claims not to care about AEW yet all you post is news articles related to AEW to prove some kind of point that doesn't need to be proven because Impact and AEW aren't enemies.
Last edited by Wilson on Sun May 19, 2019 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

dhads7161 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:57 pm AEW already working the sheets with the PAC "creative differences".
This would actually explain quite a bit, as you'd think "hey PAC, we want you to do a job," "sorry, I can't do that, I'm the DG champion" would have come up before this point.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:10 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:57 pm AEW already working the sheets with the PAC "creative differences".
This would actually explain quite a bit, as you'd think "hey PAC, we want you to do a job," "sorry, I can't do that, I'm the DG champion" would have come up before this point.
TBH I think PAC would have been the one to go over here. The main event of the next show is Elite vs. PAC & Lucha Bros figure PAC was going to have a big feud started there with either Penta or Omega.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

So gonna guess Darby Allin get the nod as PAC's replacement. Page gets the win but Darby get to bring a fight. I'm assuming if as I predict that it's visa issues PAC will appear in a pre taped video disingenuously congratulating Page on the win.
Big Red Machine

dhads7161 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:40 pm So gonna guess Darby Allin get the nod as PAC's replacement. Page gets the win but Darby get to bring a fight. I'm assuming if as I predict that it's visa issues PAC will appear in a pre taped video disingenuously congratulating Page on the win.
This is an ROH forum. If you want to make a prediction, you have to promise to eat your hat if you turn out to be wrong.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Even if it is just visa issues, not a good look for the company in their first show, that 50/60$ ppv first show. I wish them well, but certain things concerns me about aew. This doesn’t help. Also, how is owe and aaa guys getting their visas?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Does "creative differences" really sound better than visa issues? In a way it kind of buries PAC and DG. I'd rather just toss the blame on the US government not getting the paperwork through in time.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

If this isn't enough to get this goof tossed out of here I don't know what is. ~JS
Last edited by Wilson on Sun May 19, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://recyclingsutainabiliy4a.weebly.c ... 64.png?565

https://www.seashepherd.org.au/news-and ... hales.html
Human beings are not unique. After some three billion years of evolution on this planet, humans appeared in the last million years and the myth of God was created sometime during the last ten thousand years. Human beings are, in fact, animals. We are not some sort of semi-divine supernatural being. If anything we are merely overly conceited naked apes that have become divine legends in our own minds.

The fact is that the ecological law of diversity dictates that diversity of species is essential for the survival of each species within that diversity. Humans are equal to other species for the simple reason that if the other species were removed from the eco-systems that people inhabit, humans could not survive. Mutual survival bestows equality on all other species. We need them to exist. Without them we cannot exist therefore their importance is equal to our own within the context of the habitats that we occupy. There is nothing radical about nature. What is radical is the idea that we are above and apart from nature and this is an idea that emerged relatively late in human evolution. It is this idea that created religion and religion is little more than a form of collective mass psychosis, the fanatical belief in fantasy worlds that have no basis in reality.
This will be my only response to your fanatical drivel.
Last edited by Wilson on Sun May 19, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:54 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:40 pm So gonna guess Darby Allin get the nod as PAC's replacement. Page gets the win but Darby get to bring a fight. I'm assuming if as I predict that it's visa issues PAC will appear in a pre taped video disingenuously congratulating Page on the win.
This is an ROH forum. If you want to make a prediction, you have to promise to eat your hat if you turn out to be wrong.
Bah gawd I will eat my hat, King!
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

kovs27 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Does "creative differences" really sound better than visa issues? In a way it kind of buries PAC and DG. I'd rather just toss the blame on the US government not getting the paperwork through in time.
Doubt anyone from AEW has said anything about this being due to "creative differences" just a bunch of misspeculation by the dirtsheets. PAC has had an ongoing visa issue since January.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

K.O. wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:43 pm
[Reply has been deleted.]
SweetDaddy’s a piece of shit but this is a bad response.
Last edited by Wilson on Sun May 19, 2019 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quoted messages have been altered
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:33 am
kovs27 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Doubt anyone from AEW has said anything about this being due to "creative differences" just a bunch of misspeculation by the dirtsheets. PAC has had an ongoing visa issue since January.
With Meltzer having such a detailed response to what has happened and why the match has been pulled and his known ties to the top brass of AEW, his answer does come off as the official AEW line.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thanks everyone for calling out SweetDaddy's grossness. I'm not an admin, so I can't promptly ban, him but the ban request has been sent and I'm deleting any future posts by him.

With the AEW/Dream Gate Championship deal, like most other things involving Meltzer reports as fed through the Elite, it's probably a mix of real life and work. PAC's visa does seem like a very possible suspect in the change of plans, but this could be AEW just trying to signpost that they're defocusing on PAC (especially in singles) because of his other obligations. It's a totally weird story that I think they could be leveraging to keep the show in people's minds before the show next weekend.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The latest reports are that PAC was going over Page but losing to Omega at All In 2. DG want PAC as champ still then and AEW didn't want to waste a win over Page on someone they couldn't then use down the line.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Wilson wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 am Thanks everyone for calling out SweetDaddy's grossness. I'm not an admin, so I can't promptly ban, him but the ban request has been sent and I'm deleting any future posts by him.

With the AEW/Dream Gate Championship deal, like most other things involving Meltzer reports as fed through the Elite, it's probably a mix of real life and work. PAC's visa does seem like a very possible suspect in the change of plans, but this could be AEW just trying to signpost that they're defocusing on PAC (especially in singles) because of his other obligations. It's a totally weird story that I think they could be leveraging to keep the show in people's minds before the show next weekend.

It definitely feels like an attempt at buzz.
Montana

Post by Montana »

monster mafia wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:30 pm The latest reports are that PAC was going over Page but losing to Omega at All In 2. DG want PAC as champ still then and AEW didn't want to waste a win over Page on someone they couldn't then use down the line.
I listened to this report as well, and this is why wins and losses are very tough to do in pro wrestling. See evolve. To be fair, they shouldn’t have ever booked this match in the first place if they wanted to push both Page and PAC.
Big Red Machine

Montana wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:59 pm
monster mafia wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:30 pm The latest reports are that PAC was going over Page but losing to Omega at All In 2. DG want PAC as champ still then and AEW didn't want to waste a win over Page on someone they couldn't then use down the line.
I listened to this report as well, and this is why wins and losses are very tough to do in pro wrestling. See evolve. To be fair, they shouldn’t have ever booked this match in the first place if they wanted to push both Page and PAC.
Why does this prove that wins and losses are tough to make matter? You just solved the problem yourself in your final sentence.