All Elite Wrestling Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Memphis Mark

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread

Post by Memphis Mark »

The Young Bucks have hit both Defy and Bar Wrestling shows. SCU was booked for both shows. One would guess that the Bucks are scouting for underexposed talent to fill out the AEW undercards. Apparently their is a lot of talent up and down the West Coast .

ROH has picked up Jeff Cobb and Luchasaurus . AEW signed Jungle Boy . MLW has added the Jacob Fatu .NJPW has Karl Fredricks and Clark Conners . All west coast guys. Which is great because it seems to be harder for talent that does not work in the Northeast or Midwest to get noticed by promoters .

I am familar with the Rockness Monsters , Tyler Bateman and Ryan Taylor from PWG . Still I never seen most of these wrestlers. There seem to be a ton of talent out there. Some of the names are Artemis Spencer, Cody Chan , Schaff , Randy Myers , Royce Issacs , Jonel Nelson , Mike Santingo , Ethan HD , Jake Atlas, Brandon Watts , and Andy Brown just to name a few. If you are familiar with the West Coast , do you think any of these people will be picked up by AEW ?

I guess they will look at Texas and Ontario next . Seemed to be a lot of talent in those regions as well .
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Royce Isaacs and Andy Brown should be in a bigger stage. I've always liked Ryan Taylor but he never seems to leave California.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

In what isn't too much of a surprise Best Freinds have signed with with AEW, it felt it was coming for a while especially being dumped out like they were on Honor Club. Judging by what Meltzer have said, AEW aren't helping themselves with working with NJPW if they are making talents back out of hand shook deals. Unless NJPW feels they need the talent to succeed then that might sway to join with AEW.

In one that i'm really gutted about is Sammy Guevera has signed too,

Personally I think with Sammy and MJF that's a bit of over kill on young cocky personalities, it always seemed a bit much for AAW but they are both excellent talents overall.

It will be interesting to see where this goes now especially with goes leaving WWE too, I think there could be a lot of talent out there soon for everyone to pick from.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
WWE is making a lot of moves right now in foreign markets. NJPW and AEW are as well. Discussions opening up beneath the surface. AEW had a TV meeting on Friday that went real well. No TV deal signed yet but it looks good. It’s real, a strong station and the best deal that any non WWE show has had since WCW. Better than Spike.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

aew on espn.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Where did you hear that
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

woj bomb.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

aew and lucha libre aaa are now partners.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That probably puts an end to any formal NJPW/AEW relations. Jericho may be big enough to do whatever he wants but I can't see NJPW shafting CMLL and officially partnering with a AAA-affiliated promotion.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

AEW will try to hurt ROH/NJPW US expansion as much as they can. They have the money and the popularity, so I think they could make it.

They tried to have a relationship with NJPW, but since they told them that the were staying with ROH, AEW has been more agressive. They signed Omega, Jericho and Best Friends, all of them people that NJPW and ROH wanted to push in 2019; they have an alliance with AAA, the rival company of CMLL; they are giving Dragon Gate's champion a platform to shine and also, they are starting to work with PWG, something that NJPW wanted to do at the beginning of the year.

So yeah, no deal between AEW and ROH/NJPW is possible, at least in 2019.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

NOAH is longtime AAA's friend but NJPW booked Marufuji till 2016.
NJPW bring AEW for bigshow because ROH is on tour could happen.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

All Elite has brought so many promotions counter to New Japan's partnership matrix into orbit that it seems impossible for any meaningful cross-promotion to work any time soon. The only person I think that might get play between the two spheres in this is Jericho, because he's Jericho and was able to balance NJPW and WWE.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Double or Nothing sold out in less than 30 minutes. Some more tickets on sale Wednesday morning,
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Good to see.

These guys have really shaken things up already.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

famicommander wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:40 pm Good to see.

These guys have really shaken things up already.
False. So far their biggest impact has been reducing NJPW's planned US expansion drawing acts, milking the big event hardcore traveling fan demo, and at least making some WWE talent reconsider their contracts.

Really shaking up will be when someone big and new comes in, whether that's Goldberg, Moxley, Batista, Orton, or whoever, as well as the TV deal that keeps being teased by Meltzer, who's acting like a cheerleader rather than the self-proclaimed voice of reason observer he used to be.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I'm curious how many tickets were actually available. Most pre-sales only have select tickets available. For fun I signed up for a password just to see what the prices and set up were. I felt like the website was processing one transaction at a time with how they made people wait in a virtual line.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I was unsuccessful with both sales. I had my questions about DoN being as successful as All In, what with a larger, more expensive venue and doing it without ROH and NJPW, but on that part, I'm glad I was wrong.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They better get a cable deal after all this hype.