All Elite Wrestling Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Wilson

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread

Post by Wilson »

Thelone wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:44 am To be fair, I'm not sure the plan was to have Jericho vs. Page for the belt judging by the timeline of events. I'd say they were going for PAC vs. Omega for the title, Jericho vs. Moxley because they have history and could have done an actual grudge match without potted plants or whatever the hell that was, and Page vs. MJF.

This push exposed two things though : Page isn't seen as part the group on BTE but more like a hanger-on, and they shouldn't use BTE as some sort of evaluating grounds for gimmicks/pushes. I'm sure people thought this librarian shit was hilarious on BTE, but it's utter death on the show and should be scrapped before they go on TV.
I'm also pretty doubtful that Page/Jericho was their first idea for this title match.

I don't know if BTE is how they think of like a character R&D for the moment, but I'd be surprised if those 2007 internet era sketches weren't still the things that got people over rather than TV. Just a weird time in general. It feels like a chatroom-based e-fed was given a bajillion dollars.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

The issue with BTE is the same I have with the presentation of the shows so far : they're catering to a very specific niche and not much else. They bring all those indy/international names and they're acting like I should know all those people already, except I don't for the most part because I pretty much checked out of wrestling for the last three years or so. I'm not asking for a thirty-minute bio of each person on the show, but give me at least a 2-minute vignette or something explaining who he/she is and what makes him/her stand out. The Brandi one at FftF was pretty good in that regard, but then they blew six months worth of storylines in five minutes for a dumb swerve and setting up a one-off Meh Kong vs. Aja Kong match.

They have a few people I'm interested to see in the future (MJF, JB/Luchasaurus, Private Party, Allin kinda), but I've noticed so many red flags already that I can't help but feel like AEW will be a bust if they keep going in that direction.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:16 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:49 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:40 am

The matches were far too long. I would say no psychology but far too many broke down into big moves and kick outs for reasons beyond me. I did like the 3 way tag and the 6 man tag told a good story between Darby, MJF and Spears.
I'd mostly agree with this, although the only match I felt really went too long was the main event.
I didn't mind the main event but after 5 hours I just was uninterested. You didn't think Page/Sabian was too long? I couldn't wait for that match to end.
I didn't really notice it being that long, but when I look at the time it got as compared to the rating I gave it, it does feel like something that "should have" been better than it was.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Page should have beaten this guy in 8-10 minutes at best, because Sabian so far is a nobody who came out to dead silence. Page going so long with this guy didn't elevate Sabian at all, but brought Page down to his level.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

AEW have confirmed their entry into the OWE Tag Team Championship Tournament this September in the United Kingdom. However, it is being kept as a closely guarded secret as to which team will compete. Don't you just surprises?

If you're 'stressing' about who will attend, don't worry, the whole tournament aims to showcase talent from across the world as we empower the indy scene by attracting the very best. Consider the AEW team(s) as Mystery Opponents. The next team enterting will be announced at 8pm London time this evening. Any guesses who?

Make sure you witness history in the making in both Liverpool and London with our multi-day tickets via <a href="https://www.orientalwrestlingentertainment.com
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld