All Elite Wrestling Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
monster mafia

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Former Lucha Underground wrestler Angelico has signed a deal with All Elite Wrestling.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Jack Evans is also coming to AEW.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They also signed Roh producer Jerry Lynn
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Out of sheer excitement for TNT to get pro wrestling again, I plan to watch all things Elite-essential (sans Being the Elite) prior to the weekly TV debut this fall.

Prior to All In, what would be considered the absolute essentials to watch? I'll take any moments and matches from ROH, NJPW, RPW, etc.

Off the top of my head, I know for sure that Omega vs. Jericho and Young Bucks vs. Golden Elite are no-brainers.

An organized chronological list would be appreciated, as ideally I would actually review it all and have a web site in mind to use as a platform.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

supersonic wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:54 am Out of sheer excitement for TNT to get pro wrestling again, I plan to watch all things Elite-essential (sans Being the Elite) prior to the weekly TV debut this fall.

Prior to All In, what would be considered the absolute essentials to watch? I'll take any moments and matches from ROH, NJPW, RPW, etc.

Off the top of my head, I know for sure that Omega vs. Jericho and Young Bucks vs. Golden Elite are no-brainers.

An organized chronological list would be appreciated, as ideally I would actually review it all and have a web site in mind to use as a platform.
I assume we want essential moment from the Elite guys (Omega, Bucks, Page, Cody as well as vital players in their story such as SCU and Scurll even though he won't be joining the crew in AEW just yet.)

-October 25, 2013 Super Junior Tag League-The Young Bucks debut as Bullet Club members
-Power Struggle 2014-Omega joins Bullet Club
-New Year Dash 2016-AJ Styles "fired" from Bullet Club
-New Beginning in Nigata 2016-Omega vs. Tanahashi for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship
-Honor Rising 2016, Night 2-The Briscoes & Toru Yano vs. The Elite for the NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship
-ROH 14th Anniversary PPV-The Elite vs. KUSHIDA, ACH, & Matt Sydal for the NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship (Omega's first match in ROH since 2010)
-War of the Worlds 2016 Night-Bullet Club (Cole, Bucks, G.O.D.) vs. Briscoes, Cabana, MCMG (Adam Page joins Bullet Club)
-Dominion 2016-Kenny Omega vs. Michael Elgin for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship/NJPW's First Ladder Match
-G1 Climax 2016 Final-Kenny Omega vs. Hirooki Goto
-Final Battle 2016-Cody vs. Jay Lethal (Cody's ROH debut)
-Wrestle Kingdom 11-Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship
-ROH 15th Anniversary PPV-Adam Cole vs. Christopher Daniels for the ROH World Championship
-War of the Worlds 2017 Night 1-
-War of the Worlds 2017 Night 3-Adam Cole kicked put of Bullet Club/Marty Scurll joins Bullet Club
-Dominion 2017-Okada vs. Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship
-Best In the World 2017-Christopher Daniels vs. Cody
-G1 Special In USA 2017 Night 2-Kenny Omega vs. Tomohiro Ishii in the final match to crown the first IWGP United States Champion
-PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2017 Stage 2-The Elite vs. Flamita, Penta El 0M, & Rey Fenix
-Power Struggle 2017-Kenny Omega vs. Beretta for the IWGP United States Championship (Jericho's vignette challenging Omega after the match)
-World Tag League 2017 Final Show-The Elite vs. Roppongi 3K (Jericho attacks Omega post match)
-New Beginning 2018 in Sapporo Night 2-Kenny Omega vs. Jay White for the IWGP United States Championship (tension within Bullet Club particularly the "U.S. member" start to show and Golden Lovers reunite post match)
-Strong Style Evolved-Jay White vs. Hangman Page for the IWGP United States Championship
-Supercard of Honor XII-Hangman Page vs. Kota Ibushi/Cody vs. Kenny Omega
-Dominion 2018-SANADA & EVIL vs. The Young Bucks for the IWGP Tag Team Championship/Tetsuya Naito vs. Chris Jericho for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship/Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship in a 2 out of 3 Falls match (post match The Golden Lovers and The Young Bucks unite to form The Golden Elite)
-G1 Special in San Francisco-Kenny Omega vs. Cody for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship (post match sees G.O.D. take control of Bullet Club, and all members of what became The Elite United at last)
-G1 Climax 2018 B Block Final Night-Kota Ibushi vs. Kenny Omega
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

I'd add in the Omega/Naito match from the G1 Climax in 2016, because that match, while less historic than the win against Goto, is sooooo good.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Kenny King is supposed to be at the Double or Nothing after party? Wonder if this means anything at all?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

He just announced he signed a new two year deal like 2 months ago
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:28 am Kenny King is supposed to be at the Double or Nothing after party? Wonder if this means anything at all?
Eh. He lives in Vegas and he’s not on the actual show. Is the after party more affiliated with AEW or Starrcast?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

TYFDK wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:35 am
dhads7161 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:28 am Kenny King is supposed to be at the Double or Nothing after party? Wonder if this means anything at all?
Eh. He lives in Vegas and he’s not on the actual show. Is the after party more affiliated with AEW or Starrcast?
Probably more Starrcast but it does have the Double or Nothing name attached to it.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Paul Turner and Head of Ring Crew and Logistics Bird are now All Elite.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I hope it's worth it that everyone jumping ship from every company
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:38 pm Paul Turner and Head of Ring Crew and Logistics Bird are now All Elite.
Wow, Turner!? Did not expect that one.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I know it looked like roh has hired a few new referees from last week tour to the tapings last night
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

All ROH Wrestling is certainly interesting....

I'm sure the pay is certainly a huge bonus for them and with their efforts i've got no problem with them leaving, as long as people come in that are just as good or better than I've got no issue.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Didn't see that comming, specially the Turner move. AEW is really hiring great refs this month.

I'm not sure, but Turner was, indeed, the most veteran referee in ROH right? I'm pretty sure Todd came like 1-2 years later or so.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Awesome this gives other young referees a chance.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AlexROH wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:10 am Didn't see that comming, specially the Turner move. AEW is really hiring great refs this month.

I'm not sure, but Turner was, indeed, the most veteran referee in ROH right? I'm pretty sure Todd came like 1-2 years later or so.
I believe Paul Turner was there since day one, or very soon after.