All Elite Wrestling Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Montana

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread

Post by Montana »

Ouch... I thought it would be difficult for them to get a good TV deal, but all the reports from the Elite folks were saying they had all these major deals on the table. (which is why Jericho signed). I'll take this with a grain of salt, but it could take them a year or two to really get their footing.

I know Kahn didn't want to buy impact, and not sure if ROH was on the table, but at least those companies have a history of a TV product. That's at least a start.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Im not pulling for them.

I hope they dont get one.

I dont have to watch rasslin every day.

ROH,NJPW,and WWE is plenty enough for me.

They better sign Hulk Hogan if they ever expect me to even give them 30 seconds of my time.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I do wish them the best but they have absolutely no leverage for a strong tv deal. Chris Jericho is not a household name no matter how famous he is in the wrestling bubble.

And to be fair from what we have learned from other companies trying tho improve tv deals is that there used no market for taped wrestling shows. Unless you want to go on a channel most people don't have like Impact and MLW.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

If AEW gets streaming, what would be considered living up to the hype? Netflix? Hulu? Prime? Yahoo? YT Premium?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

supersonic wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:31 pm If AEW gets streaming, what would be considered living up to the hype? Netflix? Hulu? Prime? Yahoo? YT Premium?
It has to be one of the big three (Netflix/Hulu/Amazon).

And what's more, it has to actually be featured and easy to find when you start up the streaming services.

NXT is on Hulu, Lucha Underground was on Netflix for two years, Amazon had that reality show for the ROH TV title shot. Nobody really cared or cares because in all cases you have to go out of your way to find it.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I would bring TJP in as a heel to face Jungle Boy.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thats a fucking signing!

Hikaru Shida is fucking awesome.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Official now.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

roh needs a move of this caliber for the woh division.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They can't even hold on to the talent they already have. Tenille appears to be gone, Madison Rayne just left. Deonna Purrazzo went to WWE, Britt Baker went to AEW.

I still want Ivelisse Velez, but I am not holding out hope they can sign her.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

I guess the great signings are love and sky...

cant understand why they let tenille go, she is ready to go back in the ring i believe.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I heard their going to sign more women specially the girls from the Baltimore show two weeks ago
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:47 pm I heard their going to sign more women specially the girls from the Baltimore show two weeks ago
interesting but not big names like tenille, they just need a direction for the division.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Well I think sinclair and Roh didn't want to give her the money she wanted because they felt she wasn't worth it given all the hiring Roh has been doing and sinclair pushing to bring enzo and cass in
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:47 pm I heard their going to sign more women specially the girls from the Baltimore show two weeks ago
I think Stadlander and Steelz would be fantastic signings. If Twisted Sisters also officially sign then you have the base of a much better division. You can at least offset the lack of in ring The Allure bring to the table with those 4 alone.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Angelina Love wasn't awful in her day but that was 10-12 years ago. Velvet was never more than competent.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/fightoracle/status/ ... 7844332544
-BREAKING- @WarnerMediaGrp aka Turner Sports (TNT, TBS) will present @AEWrestling at their upfronts to advertisers next month. WarnerMedia/Turner upfronts are currently scheduled for May 15th. This is how Networks announce their content lineup for the fall season to advertisers.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Well, there it is.

Guys who made their names on NJPW and ROH's back became three times as big when they left.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:27 pm Well, there it is.

Guys who made their names on NJPW and ROH's back became three times as big when they left.
I'm not sure this is fair. Yes, they used the exposure of ROH and NJPW, but all of the sh*t that got them over was their own gimmickry. The fanbase for pro wrestling nowadays is very kitsch-focused, and they've tapped into it better than anyone else.