All Elite Wrestling Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
monster mafia

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Per Dave, WWE offered deals to Cody, the Bucks and Page - Page was offered main roster money to be pushed on NXT, and Cody and the Bucks were offered 3 year deals, the Bucks getting AJ Styles money, and BTE put on the Network.

The three year deal included a provision where Cody and the Bucks could leave after six months if they were unhappy with their push.

Triple H apparently talked for a cumulative 12 hours with Cody and the Bucks - WWE were stunned that they turned the deals down, as the plans were for them to debut at the Royal Rumble.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

They are negotiating with two major cable networks for a live weekly two-hour show

AEW opened picking up sizable talent and there are very serious negotiations with two major cable stations for a weekly two-hour live prime time television show

The Jacksonville show is expected to take place in July, and the third show is expected to take place in Chicago in September

The second AEW show will be during the summer in Jacksonville, with a large percentage of proceeds going to benefit victims of gun violence. There is still a lot to work out for the show, but it will most likely be in July or closely related to that.

The third show, as yet unannounced, is likely to be in Chicago, possibly back at the Sears Center, over Labor Day weekend with the idea of being the anniversary of the first All In, and would also be a PPV show.

They are unlikely to land Mayu Iwatani, but are looking at other Japanese women including bringing in Aja Kong

Women wrestlers from Stardom and other promotions have been contacted. One of the key ones was Mayu Iwatani, who is unlikely to come. ROH, which also has an affiliation with Stardom, paid for Iwatani’s three-year U.S. visa so unless ROH and AWE make a deal, which will be difficult because they are competitors, Stardom feels it would be wrong to have her work against ROH, which also has booked Iwatani for its Madison Square Garden show.

Several Japanese women have been talked about for at least certain dates, including Hall of Famer Aja Kong, but that deal is not believed to be completed. But the Japanese women are being heavily scouted.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I bet the Jacksonville show runs on July 6th, same time as the NJPW G1 show in Dallas.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

If I'm Marty Scurll I'm staying with ROH for the foreseeable future. Why go to AEW where he can be the fourth banana to Cody, Page, and Omega? In ROH, he can be booked at the top of the card all the time. He is insanely over and he can move merch. Seems like good business to me.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

if he wins the tittle at g1 supercard, i can see him staying maybe until final battle 2019..after that idk
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I can't imagine he stays. The Elite are his friends, they already made him a ton of money, and they're probably going to pay him a lot more.

Wouldn't you go work for your buddies for a pay increase?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the only direction i can see for g1 supercard is marty vs lethal..
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:50 am the only direction i can see for g1 supercard is marty vs lethal..
I think Lethal vs. Taven is possible.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:44 am
monster mafia wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:50 am the only direction i can see for g1 supercard is marty vs lethal..
bandido vs lethal?? what do you think?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I'm thinking Lethal vs. Flip
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:44 am
bandido vs lethal?? what do you think?
It would be an awesome match, but without something else on top of it, it doesn't feel like the sort of main event ROH has been booking for major shows over the past few years.
Big Red Machine

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:47 pm If I'm Marty Scurll I'm staying with ROH for the foreseeable future. Why go to AEW where he can be the fourth banana to Cody, Page, and Omega? In ROH, he can be booked at the top of the card all the time. He is insanely over and he can move merch. Seems like good business to me.
Plus he gets to stay in NJPW, which now has a big hole on the babyface side of its jr. heavyweight division that he could slide into nicely.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:47 pm If I'm Marty Scurll I'm staying with ROH for the foreseeable future. Why go to AEW where he can be the fourth banana to Cody, Page, and Omega? In ROH, he can be booked at the top of the card all the time. He is insanely over and he can move merch. Seems like good business to me.
We are still a long way from his contract being up and 2019 has already been crazy. But expect him to be WWE bound.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Unless someone like Tana or Kazu are challenging Jay at The Garden then yeah, its got to be Marty.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

MSG will probably be Marty vs Jay Lethal and Tanahashi vs either Okada or Jericho
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

ActionJeffson wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:29 am MSG will probably be Marty vs Jay Lethal and Tanahashi vs either Okada or Jericho
To hell with Cool Dad Chris Jericho, I paid for Tanahashi vs. Okada.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanna been hired by aew
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:25 am Shanna been hired by aew
she is very good
Last edited by monster mafia on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ActionJeffson wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:29 am MSG will probably be Marty vs Jay Lethal and Tanahashi vs either Okada or Jericho
this is my take too.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:52 am
To hell with Cool Dad Chris Jericho, I paid for Tanahashi vs. Okada.
Not a hope in hell of Jericho wrestling the MSG show.

Its been said from the start, whether people bought tickets to see ROH, New Japan or both, this is an ROH promoted, organized and ran show. Jericho's signing with AEW is a major part of this so unless ROH and AEW agree to work together which is unlikely for many reasons there isn't even a remotely slim chance of Jericho working an ROH promoted show.