Officlal NWA Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
NewROHFan2020

Re: Officlal NWA Thread

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Trying to deflect. GFW and NWA and NWA subscribers have nothing to do versus Rush and Aldis. Nick Aldis is a bigger name everywhere except Mexico.

Just because you hate the NWA, doesn’t mean Rush is a bigger name. He doesn’t even come up in google results!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If Nick were a bigger name he'd be working for a bigger promotion. None of the big promotions want him because his name has no value.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:20 am If Nick were a bigger name he'd be working for a bigger promotion. None of the big promotions want him because his name has no value.
Same could be said for anyone working in ROH, MLW, and other promotions.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:39 am
famicommander wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:20 am If Nick were a bigger name he'd be working for a bigger promotion. None of the big promotions want him because his name has no value.
Same could be said for anyone working in ROH, MLW, and other promotions.
Except ROH and MLW are several times larger than NWA.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Thunder Rosa and Kamile had an excellent 20 minute match on Powerrr right now. Trevor Murdoch will face Nick Aldis in the main event of the PPV on 6/6
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:04 pm Thunder Rosa and Kamile had an excellent 20 minute match on Powerrr right now. Trevor Murdoch will face Nick Aldis in the main event of the PPV on 6/6
The women's match was really good. Thunder using all those submissions to outwrestle Kamille really evened out the size and strength advantage. The only downside with the battle royal was Murdoch was the only person will a real shot to win. I know they tried to tell the story of him overcoming the odds with Masters and Latimer being in the match but you knew he was winning.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

kovs27 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:12 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:04 pm Thunder Rosa and Kamile had an excellent 20 minute match on Powerrr right now. Trevor Murdoch will face Nick Aldis in the main event of the PPV on 6/6
The women's match was really good. Thunder using all those submissions to outwrestle Kamille really evened out the size and strength advantage. The only downside with the battle royal was Murdoch was the only person will a real shot to win. I know they tried to tell the story of him overcoming the odds with Masters and Latimer being in the match but you knew he was winning.
Yeah, they posted a picture of it before the show and just by looking at the picture, we pretty much knew Murdoch would win. Especially considering the past few episodes. I did have a small doubt that maybe Adonis or Latimer would win, but figured they wouldn’t.

The Rosa/Kamile match should have been hyped and a main event on a previous show. Didn’t think they did they justice by having them on before this battle royal.

I also hate how they’re 2 weeks out of a PPV and haven’t announced a single match. How are you supposed to get people excited? Guess they will announce everything next week on “PowerrrSurge”
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:31 pm
kovs27 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:12 pm
Yeah, they posted a picture of it before the show and just by looking at the picture, we pretty much knew Murdoch would win. Especially considering the past few episodes. I did have a small doubt that maybe Adonis or Latimer would win, but figured they wouldn’t.

The Rosa/Kamile match should have been hyped and a main event on a previous show. Didn’t think they did they justice by having them on before this battle royal.

I also hate how they’re 2 weeks out of a PPV and haven’t announced a single match. How are you supposed to get people excited? Guess they will announce everything next week on “PowerrrSurge”
I'm pretty sure they said Murdoch and Aldis for the belt at the PPV. But yeah, I guess Pope and Tyrus again. Not sure what else.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I would guess Deeb v TR v Kamile, so they can set up a feud between TR and Kamile for the belt.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Card for this Sunday:

NWA Champion Nick Aldis vs. Trevor Murdoch.

NWA Women's Champion Serena Deeb vs. Kamille.

NWA Tag Team Champions Aron Stevens & Kratos vs. The War Kings vs. Chris Adonis and Tom Latimer.

Thunder Rosa and Melina vs. Kylie Rae and Taryn Terrell.

Tyrus with Austin Idol vs. NWA TV Champion The Pope - There Must Be A Winner (non-title)

JTG vs. Fred Rosser.

The End vs MechaWolf & Bestia 666 vs. Marshe Rockett and Slice Boogie vs. Sam Rudo and Sal Rinauro in a Fatal Four-Way.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wonder if this means Kylie Rae was quietly released from Impact? Last I heard she was still signed there
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:04 am I wonder if this means Kylie Rae was quietly released from Impact? Last I heard she was still signed there
Wikipedia said she “retired” last year. I guess she is taking the Ric Flair route. I would assume she would be featured during the next set of Powerrr tapings too.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:22 am
famicommander wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:04 am I wonder if this means Kylie Rae was quietly released from Impact? Last I heard she was still signed there
Wikipedia said she “retired” last year. I guess she is taking the Ric Flair route. I would assume she would be featured during the next set of Powerrr tapings too.
It was reported after she resurfaced on the indies earlier this year that she was still under contract to Impact and they essentially "froze" her deal when she no-showed that title match.

So either Impact quietly released her or they're knowingly letting her appear for NWA.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I know I shit on NWA all the time but I hope Kylie does well and stays on top of any of her mental health struggles.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

They uploaded the pre-show to YouTube. Apparently they had issues yesterday. There’s this 1 wrestler named Captain Yuma, who probably has the worst outfit I have ever seen. Not feminine wrestler bad, but just awful.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

What does "feminine wrestler bad" mean?
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:46 pm What does "feminine wrestler bad" mean?
A certain AEW wrestler who wrestles men, but wears girls outfits.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

NWA is having an all women’s PPV on 8/28 with Mickie James as the producer.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

73rd Anniversary show the next night. Both in St Louis