Officlal NWA Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Officlal NWA Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:08 pm 73rd Anniversary show the next night. Both in St Louis
I wonder if she the one roh is teasing that a former champion in another company and she wrestled for them in the past will be in the tournament
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:23 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:08 pm 73rd Anniversary show the next night. Both in St Louis
I wonder if she the one roh is teasing that a former champion in another company and she wrestled for them in the past will be in the tournament
Could be. NWA and ROH had (maybe still have) a good relationship. It wouldn’t be impossible for her to work for both.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:48 pm
Could be. NWA and ROH had (maybe still have) a good relationship. It wouldn’t be impossible for her to work for both.
i thought I heard her mention on the nwa post show that she also has half ownership of nwa along with running the women division
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:51 pm

i thought I heard her mention on the nwa post show that she also has half ownership of nwa along with running the women division
If that’s the case, I can’t imagine her appearing in another wrestling promotion. Especially if she wasn’t going to win or put the NWA over.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:12 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:51 pm

If that’s the case, I can’t imagine her appearing in another wrestling promotion. Especially if she wasn’t going to win or put the NWA over.
Mickie said she can still wrestle in other places because she wants to build partnerships
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The NWA ran its “When Our Shadows Fall” PPV on 6/6, on a Sunday afternoon from Atlanta. As far as television PPV went, it appears to have done less than 500 buys based on preliminary industry estimates. I’d think if there was any real business it would be on FITE streaming. But for TV, the numbers were way down from previous shows based on early estimates.

NWA taped several shows in Atlanta at the GPB Studios, but it wasn’t the same studios as before, as their larger studios were taping “Divorce Court.” So they taped at a 50-seat studio. The only event that sold out was the PPV. There were about 30 people at the 6/7 taping
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

No surprise since it’s not on YouTube anymore and anyone who currently subscribes on FITE, would just buy it there.

They didn’t put tickets on sale until like days before, hard to make plans and give notice to people.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They got bumped from their public access studio by Divorce Court lol
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:02 pm They got bumped from their public access studio by Divorce Court lol
Divorce Court gets higher ratings than Raw and Smackdown. Everyone would have made the same decision
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:06 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:02 pm They got bumped from their public access studio by Divorce Court lol
Divorce Court gets higher ratings than Raw and Smackdown. Everyone would have made the same decision
That's not the comical part. The comical part is that they tape their show out of their local PBS station in the first place. I'm sure Divorce Court didn't do a surprise taping; they probably always tape Sundays. So why the hell did Billy put his show on this date to begin with? Did he not check the schedule at the venue when he decided to put the show on a Sunday in a panic to avoid the Teofimo Lopez PPV that got moved to next weekend anyway?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I ordered on Fite. Since I watch the episodes on Fite it just seems more convenient. I'm curious how well it did on Fite.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:42 am I ordered on Fite. Since I watch the episodes on Fite it just seems more convenient. I'm curious how well it did on Fite.
It probably did most of its buys there. But as Meltzer said, it did poorly on television in comparison to previous NWA PPVs which one would assume includes Back for the Attack. So chances are numbers were down across the board, which checks out considering they only sold 30 tickets (at what, ten fifteen bucks a pop?) to the TV taping.

Corgan from his interview with Bubba:
"Yes you can do other things but at the end of the day, the guy in mainstream America is gonna pay for a Trevor Murdoch and a Nick Aldis all day long."

This guy doesn't get it. He was babbling incoherently saying that a combined AEW, NJPW, AAA, Impact, ROH, NWA PPV would blow Wrestlemania away.

Also:
And when all is said and done, it might be five years, it might be seven years. There’s going to be a new player at the table and it’s going to be the NWA. Because a mainstream broadcasting platform is going to look and say ‘if you can deliver this quality with this level of consistency to this wide an audience, well here’s a seat at the table.’ Cause I don’t have to sell them anything. You just look at the history, look at the brand and look at what you’re presenting. As long as you can figure it out behind the scenes, then you’re good to go.
He's a delusional idiot. Simple as that.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Talk about delusional. Mr DirtSheet here, takes everything at face value and is “working” himself. What’s Billy supposed to say? “Well God damn, this main event sucks, I don’t think anyone is going to buy it.”

He’s a PROMOTER. His job is to promote his stuff, not talk about it in a truthful or derogatory manner.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:51 am Talk about delusional. Mr DirtSheet here, takes everything at face value and is “working” himself. What’s Billy supposed to say? “Well God damn, this main event sucks, I don’t think anyone is going to buy it.”

He’s a PROMOTER. His job is to promote his stuff, not talk about it in a truthful or derogatory manner.
Sometimes it's best not to say anything at all.

When you say,
"Yes you can do other things but at the end of the day, the guy in mainstream America is gonna pay for a Trevor Murdoch and a Nick Aldis all day long."

Right when your Aldis vs Murdoch PPV main event just pulled 500 TV buys and 50 fans at your local PBS station it just makes you look stupid.

When your event flops or is about to flop financially, you just avoid the financial aspect of it in the interview. If the event didn't sell, talk about the storylines or the match quality and hype those things up. It doesn't help anybody to say things that everyone can see are blatantly false.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:04 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:51 am Talk about delusional. Mr DirtSheet here, takes everything at face value and is “working” himself. What’s Billy supposed to say? “Well God damn, this main event sucks, I don’t think anyone is going to buy it.”

Sometimes it's best not to say anything at all.

When you say,

Right when your Aldis vs Murdoch PPV main event just pulled 500 TV buys and 50 fans at your local PBS station it just makes you look stupid.

When your event flops or is about to flop financially, you just avoid the financial aspect of it in the interview. If the event didn't sell, talk about the storylines or the match quality and hype those things up. It doesn't help anybody to say things that everyone can see are blatantly false.
500 TV buys? Who the fuck cares? If you’re a wrestling fan, with no stake in the company, why does it matter to you? That’s more than I think they would get. If you’re not on TV and not promoting it as being available there, then what do you expect?

Who says it was a flop financially? Please provide numbers to prove that it was.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

To be honest I didn't even know it was on PPV. I just assumed it was only available on Fite.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:07 pm To be honest I didn't even know it was on PPV. I just assumed it was only available on Fite.
They probably didn’t spend 1 dime on advertising on cable or satellite systems and still apparently got 500 buys. Commander has no clue how many providers carried it on traditional PPV and how much they spent on those same systems on advertising this PPV. I would guess $0.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Meltzer himself said the numbers were "way down" from previous TV PPVs, which would include Back for the Attack.

If TV PPVs were down then Fite PPVs were likely also down. It's not that hard to figure out.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:29 am Meltzer himself said the numbers were "way down" from previous TV PPVs, which would include Back for the Attack.

If TV PPVs were down then Fite PPVs were likely also down. It's not that hard to figure out.
Again, how many cable/satellite systems carried it and did the NWA pay for and run any ads on them?

Nobody is doubting that the logic that buys were “down”, but you’re talking about financial loss and that Billy was promoting his main event, that isn’t that much of a headliner.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Homicide showed up on Powerrr today