Officlal NWA Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

Re: Officlal NWA Thread

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:03 am
famicommander wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:53 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:35 am

What’s wrong with $20 for 2 hours? When I ordered PPVs in the late 90s, WCW PPVs were $30 for 3 hours. I ordered two or 3 Impact PPVs a few years ago and I think they were $35 for 3 hours.
It's 2021 and WCW is dead.

In 2021 the ROH PPV is half the cost for twice the length. So by that math the NWA show needs to be 4X the quality to be close to worth it.

2 hour shows are what other companies with actual talent give away for free. NWA has no talent and they're charging.
Wow, WCW isn’t around anymore, you don’t say? I put that to show that $10 a hour is/was pretty standard.

The NWA isn’t like other companies (insert your upcoming derogatory comment here) though. It’s something different. Obviously you don’t like it, but a lot of others do.
I don't believe anybody likes it for any reason except hipster nostalgia for a brand name that hasn't been relevant in three decades. If any other three letter acronym were on this PPV marquee nobody would watch it for free, but because people have heard other people on podcasts talk about the NWA they think it's somehow special.

The delusional marks on the live comment section for the shows were expecting Kurt Angle to come out and challenge Aldis. Then they got nothing and patted Billy on the back for managing to shit out a card anyway.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:09 am
famicommander wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:53 am

It's 2021 and WCW is dead.

In 2021 the ROH PPV is half the cost for twice the length. So by that math the NWA show needs to be 4X the quality to be close to worth it.

2 hour shows are what other companies with actual talent give away for free. NWA has no talent and they're charging.
Wow, WCW isn’t around anymore, you don’t say? I put that to show that $10 a hour is/was pretty standard.

The NWA isn’t like other companies (insert your upcoming derogatory comment here) though. It’s something different. Obviously you don’t like it, but a lot of others do.
I don't believe anybody likes it for any reason except hipster nostalgia for a brand name that hasn't been relevant in three decades. If any other three letter acronym were on this PPV marquee nobody would watch it for free, but because people have heard other people on podcasts talk about the NWA they think it's somehow special.

The delusional marks on the live comment section for the shows were expecting Kurt Angle to come out and challenge Aldis. Then they got nothing and patted Billy on the back for managing to shit out a card anyway.
So you watched it then?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:16 am

So you watched it then?
No. I read the results on a news site which still had all of its live comments posted in order.

You can see fans in real time post their hopes and expectations, have those hopes and expectations shot down, then praise the show anyway. Rinse and repeat.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:24 am

So you watched it then?
No. I read the results on a news site which still had all of its live comments posted in order.

You can see fans in real time post their hopes and expectations, have those hopes and expectations shot down, then praise the show anyway. Rinse and repeat.
How is that any different from you speculating that Andrade will show up in ROH or the AEW fans speculating that CM Punk or Brock were the big surprise?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:36 am

So you watched it then?

How is that any different from you speculating that Andrade will show up in ROH or the AEW fans speculating that CM Punk or Brock were the big surprise?
I never said Andrade would show up, I said he could and I hope he does. I'm not going to be sitting in the comments section during the show telling everyone he's coming as if it's a done deal, then make excuses when he doesn't.

It's no different than AEW, though. Their fans put up with truckloads of stupid bullshit they hate WWE for and would never accept in a million years from NJPW or ROH. If ROH tried any of this Miro shit or Jericho's song and dance number the same fans who praised AEW for it would shit all over it.

Brand loyalty is a cancer. As much as I like ROH I am quick to point out anything bad they do (for instance, thee Kevin Sullivan and Steve Corino nonsense they did a few years back) and make it known that I expect better.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:29 am

I never said Andrade would show up, I said he could and I hope he does. I'm not going to be sitting in the comments section during the show telling everyone he's coming as if it's a done deal, then make excuses when he doesn't.

It's no different than AEW, though. Their fans put up with truckloads of stupid bullshit they hate WWE for and would never accept in a million years from NJPW or ROH. If ROH tried any of this Miro shit or Jericho's song and dance number the same fans who praised AEW for it would shit all over it.

Brand loyalty is a cancer. As much as I like ROH I am quick to point out anything bad they do (for instance, thee Kevin Sullivan and Steve Corino nonsense they did a few years back) and make it known that I expect better.
Ok, it’s the same thing. People speculate when and where wrestlers might show up.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:30 pm

Ok, it’s the same thing. People speculate when and where wrestlers might show up.
Andrade to ROH or Lesnar to AEW is at least possible. The companies could afford to pay them.

You think Kurt fucking Angle is working for a promotion that was paying their TV champ $250/mo? A promotion whose women's champion had to auction off autographed, ring-worn gear online just so she could afford to drive to her next indie booking, which Corgan then took his percentage of?

NWA fans are still pissed Billy got fleeced by ditzy Dixie Carter for TNA. Can you imagine what a disaster it would have been if Corgan really had bought Impact?
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Andrade to ROH or Lesnar to AEW is at least possible. The companies could afford to pay them.

You think Kurt fucking Angle is working for a promotion that was paying their TV champ $250/mo? A promotion whose women's champion had to auction off autographed, ring-worn gear online just so she could afford to drive to her next indie booking, which Corgan then took his percentage of?

NWA fans are still pissed Billy got fleeced by ditzy Dixie Carter for TNA. Can you imagine what a disaster it would have been if Corgan really had bought Impact?
Why are NWA fans upset about the TNA thing? I’ve never heard of any fan being upset about that. Where do you come up with this shit?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:47 pm
famicommander wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Why are NWA fans upset about the TNA thing? I’ve never heard of any fan being upset about that. Where do you come up with this shit?
Dixie fleeced Billy into fronting the costs for more Impact TV tapings to buy her time to negotiate a sale to Anthem. NWA fans think Corgan walks on water. Go anywhere online with NWA fans and mention it. You'd think Anthem and Dixie single-handedly started the international slave trade and then perpetrated 9/11. Corgan attracts the same anti-intellectual cultists that Alex Jones does (which is not surprising since they are friends). He's a genius to them and not a bigoted moron who believes in shape shifting lizard people and chemtrail conspiracies.

Corgan's mere existence is literally making the stupid even stupider.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Velvet Sky part of the broadcast team now
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chris Adonis just beat Trevor Murdoch for the National Title.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Last night they aired “Power Surge”. Currently watching it, says it’s 27 minutes long. Still some new content.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

6 people far exceeds expectations if expectations were 2 people
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:14 pm 6 people far exceeds expectations if expectations were 2 people
I’m not a head of a streaming service, but I don’t think I would do business with something that expects 2 people.

NWA is on its deathbed like you’ve been saying lol.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:43 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:14 pm 6 people far exceeds expectations if expectations were 2 people
I’m not a head of a streaming service, but I don’t think I would do business with something that expects 2 people.

Fite is probably just taking a percentage of every subscription. All it costs them is whatever minimal hosting load comes along with the NWA product. As long as they have a few dozen subscriptions it's more than enough.

If we actually begin to see NWA book better talent, sign talent to contracts worth more than a few hundred a month, return to touring, increase their content output, fix their broke ass website, etc then I'll believe the deal is paying real dividends. Until then it's all talk. Right now they're still far behind where they were on Youtube and we know they weren't making money then either.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:49 pm

Right now they're still far behind where they were on Youtube and we know they weren't making money then either.
What proof do you have they’re “still far behind”?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:58 pm

Right now they're still far behind where they were on Youtube and we know they weren't making money then either.
They're producing far less content and their roster has dwindled to a bunch of overweight and/or forgotten WWE rejects.

To go from Homicide and Eddie Kingston and Starks to fucking Tyrus and Chris Adonis? Trevor Murdoch in the title picture?

Their PPVs have been shortened to two hours and their weekly show isn't even weekly anymore. Are they even producing the supplementary stuff like 10 Pounds of Gold anymore?
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:03 pm

They're producing far less content and their roster has dwindled to a bunch of overweight and/or forgotten WWE rejects.

To go from Homicide and Eddie Kingston and Starks to fucking Tyrus and Chris Adonis? Trevor Murdoch in the title picture?

Their PPVs have been shortened to two hours and their weekly show isn't even weekly anymore. Are they even producing the supplementary stuff like 10 Pounds of Gold anymore?
In other words, you have no proof they’re far behind on revenue, just supplemental content.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:07 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:03 pm

In other words, you have no proof they’re far behind on revenue, just supplemental content.
I think they're probably ahead on revenue but I think they are and were losing money either way, and Billy's acceptance that he can't sustain the business on Youtube ad revenue is a sign of him being less willing to lose money on this indefinitely.