Officlal NWA Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

Re: Officlal NWA Thread

Post by famicommander »

If you thought NWA had run out of racist announcers, you were wrong:
https://twitter.com/CWFHMarquez/status/ ... 0533027841
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Some really shockingly disgusting shit from the top NWA personnel, if I'm being honest.

Very quick escalation from it being the "check yourself when you reproduce social politics from thirty years ago" promotion to becoming the "I think these guys are dogwhistling crypto-white nationalists" promotion. Wrestling sucks.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So here's the update on the Hard Times card:

- NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis vs. Flip Gordon

NWA Television Title Tournament

Bracket A

- Tim Storm vs. Zane Dawson
- Ricky Starks vs. Open Slot

Bracket B

- Zicky Dice vs. Open Slot
- The Question Mark vs. Trevor Murdoch/Thomas Latimer

The open slots will be filled by people outside the NWA, so I'm sure one of the slots will go to a ROH guy.

Not sure whether Aldis/Gordon is for the title or not. I presume it's not, but who knows.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Aldis vs Flip? Really?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Lynx wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:42 pm Aldis vs Flip? Really?
I think everyone was going under the assumption that Aldis/Scurll II was happening here, but it seems like they're holding it off, which I don't think is a bad thing.

It also makes a lot more sense in hindsight, because Scurll was nowhere to be seen during the post-Into The Fire TV Tapings, and only appeared on the show in the form of pre-taped promos they probably did at the PPV.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Full Hard Times card:

- NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis vs. Flip Gordon
- NWA World Tag Team Titles - The Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. The Wildcards vs. Eli Drake & James Storm
- NWA National Title - Aron Stevens vs. Scott Steiner
- NWA Women's Title - Allysin Kay vs. Thunder Rose
- NWA Television Title Tournament - Semi-Finals & Finals
- NWA Television Title Tournament - First Round - Tim Storm vs. Ken Anderson
- NWA Television Title Tournament - First Round - Ricky Starks vs. Matt Cross
- NWA Television Title Tournament - First Round - Trevor Murdoch vs. The Question Mark
- NWA Television Title Tournament - First Round - Zicky Dice vs. Dan Maff
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I don't like the NWA show at all. I find it outlaw mudshow crap. That being said, Nick Aldis sticks put like a sore thumb. He is a thoroughbred amongst mutts there. Honestly think he's the best world champion of a U.S. based promotion. He needs to get the hell away from the NWA.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:56 am I don't like the NWA show at all. I find it outlaw mudshow crap. That being said, Nick Aldis sticks put like a sore thumb. He is a thoroughbred amongst mutts there. Honestly think he's the best world champion of a U.S. based promotion. He needs to get the hell away from the NWA.
Did you not watch TNA/GFW? I've seen way, way more Nick Aldis than I need to. He ain't shit.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Dixie didn't know how to use him. She presented him as a cuck while he was world champion. And did anyone ever watch GFW?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

He'll always be the anchor they tied to Doug Williams to me.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Raven said the NWA was closing, but Billy came out and said it was bullshit.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

National Wrestling Alliance’s owner Billy Corgan revealed that discussions are being held regarding the return of NWA Powerrr through all of the NWA’s social media. Here is the statement:

“One year ago, we shot out first episode of NWA POWERRR; suffice to say it’s been a crazy ride ever since. From trending #1 world wide on our debut to successful PPV’s to having to stop many plans (including the Crockett Cup) due to the plague, to Rosa appearing with the NWA Women’s Championship on AEW to now adding our voice to the collective that is Prime Time Live on the UWN, I can only say to our great fans ‘hang in there.’

We are currently talking about bringing back POWERRR very soon, even if it means we can’t have fans in the stands because we just want to get back to work. But it’s nice to see our friend and former champion Tim Storm here. If anyone can lead us out of this, it’s a man or woman like him: who gives it all he or she’s got even when the chips are down. That sounds more grim than I mean it, case yeah: still here, still kicking, and ready to get ready to rock…”
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The NWA is going to have to continue to be creative to generate any sort of money. Until Billy can tour with Smashing Pumpkins again he can't reach into his own personal wealth to fund the venture. I've watched the first 3 UWN shows. They have gotten better each episode. They have also had a nice mix of California talent that you don't get to see globally. It's good exposure for a guy like Andy Brown.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

The United Wrestling Network have announced that Thunder Rosa, NWA Women’s World Champion will face Serena Deeb on the October 27th edition of PrimeTime Live.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Anyone still watching? I watched the first episode of the UWN show and stopped after that. So the NWA Shockwave episodes are pretty new to me, though I am aware of the title changes. I wonder how many episodes they have left and what they’re going to do after?

They took down the NWA Shop and they don’t do too much tweeting. It certainly doesn’t look good in the short term.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:56 pm Anyone still watching? I watched the first episode of the UWN show and stopped after that. So the NWA Shockwave episodes are pretty new to me, though I am aware of the title changes. I wonder how many episodes they have left and what they’re going to do after?

They took down the NWA Shop and they don’t do too much tweeting. It certainly doesn’t look good in the short term.
I don't think they taped more than 15 matches, several have already aired on Shockwave, and several of the people involved in those matches are already gone from NWA (James Storm, Mike Bennett, Allysin Kay). They can't have more than 2 or 3 episodes left.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:52 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:56 pm Anyone still watching? I watched the first episode of the UWN show and stopped after that. So the NWA Shockwave episodes are pretty new to me, though I am aware of the title changes. I wonder how many episodes they have left and what they’re going to do after?

I don't think they taped more than 15 matches, several have already aired on Shockwave, and several of the people involved in those matches are already gone from NWA (James Storm, Mike Bennett, Allysin Kay). They can't have more than 2 or 3 episodes left.
Mike Bennett was never a NWA wrestler. He only wrestled Nick Aldis once.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I watched all the UWN shows. They are what they are. In all honesty the NWA isn't going to be able to do anything on their own until after the pandemic. Billy can't raise the money for the shows without being able to tour with Smashing Pumpkins.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:46 am

I watched all the UWN shows. They are what they are. In all honesty the NWA isn't going to be able to do anything on their own until after the pandemic. Billy can't raise the money for the shows without being able to tour with Smashing Pumpkins.
Yuup. Even then, not many people left on the ship.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:20 am
kovs27 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:46 am

Yuup. Even then, not many people left on the ship.
True. The NWA will work best utilizing young, hungry and inexpensive talent and older veterans with a little name value. Minimize those costs until the brand can grow and Billy can turn a profit.