Officlal NWA Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
ICHIFUJI

Re: Officlal NWA Thread

Post by ICHIFUJI »

R&R NWA world tag champ is not laughing thing.
PCO ROH world champ could be happen.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

ICHIFUJI wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm R&R NWA world tag champ is not laughing thing.
PCO ROH world champ could be happen.
There is a 10+ year age difference at work here.

John Cena is old. PCO is ancient. the RNRE are fossils.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

"Tonight. You."

- Billy Corgan to famicommander in the past, I suppose.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Nick Aldis said today he'd like the NWA to become the HBO Boxing of pro wrestling.

HBO Boxing is dead.

Great job, Aldis.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

NWA Into the Fire selling out in 3 hours is pretty great news for the wrestling industry IMO
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
wrestlingman

Post by wrestlingman »

The NWA have had two very good shows so far, with the news the tickets for the PPV sold out so quickly it can only get better for them.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

cgstong wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:51 pm NWA Into the Fire selling out in 3 hours is pretty great news for the wrestling industry IMO
how many people fit in that GPB Studios? 200?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NWA on Jim Cornette:
https://www.nationalwrestlingalliance.c ... m-cornette

"We know he's literal human garbage and there is no justification for most of the shit he does but we're going to keep paying him to commentate anyway"

I like how the NWA never disavows the bigoted things Cornette says (on a near constant basis), because Corgan agrees with those.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"Trevor Murdoch is the only person who can strap a bucket of fried chicken to his back and ride a motorscooter across Ethiopia. Trevor Murdoch can take care of himself!"

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/ ... um=twitter

FUCK JIM CORNETTE
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

You mean Jim Cornette said something horrible? This is the most shocking news in the history of news.

I wonder if that scumbag Corgan will still support him.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Now people on Twitter are just digging up old things Cornette has said.

https://twitter.com/stopmestar/status/1 ... 9434700800

This dude is so racist he'd make Trump blush (not that you could tell beneath the orange spray tan)
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Jim Cornette gone from NWA.

Just a reminder that everybody knew who this guy was before he got to NWA, and Corgan and Lagana knew it and supported him until they realized it might cost them some fans.

https://twitter.com/arikcannon/status/1 ... 6071182336

https://www.cagesideseats.com/cageside- ... -wrestling

https://dailyddt.com/2019/08/19/time-ba ... -cornette/

Dude hates women, muslims, blacks, trans people, and gays at a minimum.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Corgan and Lagana aren't taking anywhere enough heat for letting the comment air. It's not like the show was live. They had it sitting for at least a month.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:33 am Corgan and Lagana aren't taking anywhere enough heat for letting the comment air. It's not like the show was live. They had it sitting for at least a month.
If wrestling fans let Vince McMahon off the hook for protecting Pat Patterson and Jimmy Snuka, there's no way they're taking nutbag Billy Corgan to task for letting a racist joke slip through.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:38 am
kovs27 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:33 am Corgan and Lagana aren't taking anywhere enough heat for letting the comment air. It's not like the show was live. They had it sitting for at least a month.
If wrestling fans let Vince McMahon off the hook for protecting Pat Patterson and Jimmy Snuka, there's no way they're taking nutbag Billy Corgan to task for letting a racist joke slip through.
It's true. You have to mess up pretty bad for fans to turn on you and not come back the moment the show gets exciting.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Frankly, given Cornette's history, this one is comparatively innocuous. A shame, really -- he should be valued for his insight and knowledge of wrestling history, but he's his own worst enemy.

It should also be pointed out that this episode was taped two months ago, and Corgan and Lagana had all that time to edit out that line. All things considered, this is one time I'm leaning toward Corny's side.

Oh well, I laughed more at Sam Kinison's bit about starving Africans.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

This is the worst part of it all. Cornette is Cornette, he talks shit in his podcast and nobody cares asides of people who want to make fun of him or hate modern wrestling. But people like Corgan are enabling them to get wider reach. They knew who they were hiring, they left the "joke" in the episode because they found it funny and they'll continue doing similar things while people working for them will take the fall every time.

For example, why people are actually okay with Kayfabe cocktail thing? I think it was second time it aired and it is basically about drugging women so that you could sex with them.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Lynx wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:15 pm
This is the worst part of it all. Cornette is Cornette, he talks shit in his podcast and nobody cares asides of people who want to make fun of him or hate modern wrestling. But people like Corgan are enabling them to get wider reach. They knew who they were hiring, they left the "joke" in the episode because they found it funny and they'll continue doing similar things while people working for them will take the fall every time.

For example, why people are actually okay with Kayfabe cocktail thing? I think it was second time it aired and it is basically about drugging women so that you could sex with them.
People don't like Cornette so he takes the brunt of the blame. People like the NWA show do Corgan and Lagana get a pass. Sadly that's how it works.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I have for the past twelve months built up Lagana as a sort of miracle producer for getting NWA off the ground, but in the light of the bad, BAD retweet of his going out there:

famicommander was right.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I tried to tell y'all

Now if people will just listen to me about the blue world order we'll be in bidness