CEO x NJPW When Worlds Collide - Daytona Beach, FL

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Wilson

Re: CEO x NJPW When Worlds Collide - Daytona Beach, FL

Post by Wilson »

The presser:
http://ceogaming.org/njpw
New Japan Pro-Wrestling comes to the CEO 2018 Fighting Game Championships in Daytona Beach, FL on June 29th, 2018!

CEO Gaming Inc. and New Japan Pro-Wrestling are teaming up to give the Fighting Game Community and East Coast Wrestling fans a taste of NJPW’s high intensity action this summer with a live wrestling show. CEO x NJPW takes place inside of the Daytona Beach Ocean Center with over 8,000 seats available. Prices range from $20 – $100 for the show (before fees).

CEO x NJPW: When Worlds Collide is a Special Two hour live wrestling show including live New Japan Pro-Wrestling featuring stars such as Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, Jyushin Thunder Liger, Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa), Roppongi 3K’s Sho, Yoh and Rocky Romero, Ryusuke Taguchi, Jeff Cobb, David Finlay, Chase Owens, Dragon Lee and Juice Robinson!. Match Card (talent and matches subject to change) will be announced closer to the event in June.

The relationship between CEO Founder (Alex Jebailey) and New Japan Pro-Wrestling star Kenny Omega began through a shared passion for fighting games and wrestling. Kenny Omega has been attending CEO as a player and fighting game fan since 2016. He has been an active part of creating some of CEO’s most memorable experiences. The combined success between them set the partnership into motion and has led to the creation of this special event.

Kenny Omega (NJPW Star) on the CEO & NJPW Crossover:

“For the past 2 years I’ve gotten the privilege to travel to CEO and enjoy my hobby at the highest level. Whether it be sponsored players that game for a living or spectators just there for casual fun, the FGC has always made me feel welcome. With the upcoming CEOxNJPW event, my hope is to provide a new and fun experience for those that make the trip out to Daytona Beach and give back to the community I love. The crossover potential for wrestling and gaming has always been strong so aside from fully realizing that with CEOxNJPW, I hope that both new comers to games and/or wrestling can have a positive first experience to both worlds. I really think fans are gonna dig it, and I can’t thank Alex Jebailey enough for making it all happen. See you there.”

Alex Jebailey (CEO Gaming Founder and Director):

“Sometimes attending the show of your dreams means stepping up and creating it yourself. That’s how CEO became the world renowned event that it is, and CEO x NJPW will be no different. Kenny and I have always dreamed big, and CEO x NJPW is giving us the opportunity bring our latest dream to life. Combining our passion for gaming and wrestling has always led to entertaining moments for our fans, and we expect this show to really be the best of both worlds.”

Tickets go on sale through Ticketmaster.com on Friday May 4th to the General Public at 10 am est (Presale codes will be distributed to currently registered CEO 2018 Convention attendees via email late Wednesday evening and usable beginning Thursday May 3rd, at 10 am est). Please follow www.twitter.com/CEOGaming for the direct ticket link and this webpage as soon as they are released.

Live Broadcast details to be revealed at a later date.

Stay tuned for more details on the event and be sure to register to learn more about the CEO experience through www.smash.gg/ceo2018.

For neighboring hotel information please visit www.ceogaming.org/ceohotel
It's being broadcast during Best in the World! The Friday Night Wars begins!
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Is that the whole talent lineup or will Okada, Tanahashi, Suzuki be added do yoh think?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:25 am Is that the whole talent lineup or will Okada, Tanahashi, Suzuki be added do yoh think?
Probably not. New Japan has UK shows going on at the same time.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Should be interesting to see the attendances with ROH and NJPW both active in three different markets at roughly the same time. The talent is going to be spread pretty thin; you would assume the ROH contingent of Bullet Club will be at BITW.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

kovs27 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:30 am
dhads7161 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:25 am Is that the whole talent lineup or will Okada, Tanahashi, Suzuki be added do yoh think?
Probably not. New Japan has UK shows going on at the same time.
Yep, that and tickets are dropping tomorrow. There's basically no time left for announcements.
famicommander wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:50 am Should be interesting to see the attendances with ROH and NJPW both active in three different markets at roughly the same time. The talent is going to be spread pretty thin; you would assume the ROH contingent of Bullet Club will be at BITW.
Double yep, and All In tickets are inbound as well. Wild times. I have a bad feeling this might affect All in most adversely.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I think All In sale date being so close may be a factor in Cow Palace only having sold 3300. People are more ready for All In than NJPW.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Goes to show that it's really Bullet Club that is the power player in this relationship, not NJPW or ROH.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

famicommander wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:32 pm Goes to show that it's really Bullet Club that is the power player in this relationship, not NJPW or ROH.
I don't think it's even that All In just has the buzz behind it as this marquee event this year. NJPW has already done U.S. cards, that show isn't as groundbreaking this year. I'm aure they'll sell more for it this weekend as tickets did go on sale on the obscure Tuesday and most people buy their event tickets on weekends.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Bullet Club is probably the greatest draw in American wrestling today. That statement might seem to curtail easily into All In as the easier sell, but New Japan could easily go for a Bullet Club-centric main event for the G1 Special, like Kenny vs. Cody for their main belt or Kenny vs. Jericho.

There will be a lot of people who might be interested in both shows but can only choose to travel to one of them. If New Japan really drives into a card to that might fill out the 10k+ building, it could hurt the market for another summer blockbuster event.

I know the US market is abuzz right now, but I don't if it's in two 10,000-at-the-gates kind of shape. If one eats the other, I wouldn't bet against NJPW.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

https://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

gang gang

EDIT: This shits is for free
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

This shits is now on the CEO YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... C3udiJni_H
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

This shit is unwatchable due to the commetary. This is a goddamn epidemic in professional wrestling.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Meanwhile, guys like Joey Styles, Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, etc are either sitting at home or working for random tiny promotions.