CEO x NJPW When Worlds Collide - Daytona Beach, FL

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

CEO x NJPW When Worlds Collide - Daytona Beach, FL

Post by supersonic »

Airing LIVE on Friday, June 29 at 8PM Eastern/5PM Pacific exclusively on Twitch!

Taking place at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, FL. Tickets still available - https://www1.ticketmaster.com/ceo-x-njp ... A2D7A3BCF4

The card:

Last edited by supersonic on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Wilson

Re: CEO x NJPW When Worlds Collide - Daytona Beach, FL

Post by Wilson »

This is Stephen A. Smith levels of preposterous. Pro wrestling continues to to maximize its workrate in weirdness. Look for ROH to link up with OWL in the near future or something?

Anyway, courtesy of the game org's website:
http://ceogaming.org/njpw
Full Press Release on CEOxNJPW to be released Friday, April 27th at 5 pm EST. Follow @CEOGaming for New Japan Pro-Wrestling Star announcements leading up to Ticket Sales on Friday, May 4th.

Stay tuned for more details on the CEO x NJPW live wrestling show as we release them through @CEOGaming.
[Emphasis mine.] We should know more of the shape of the event tomorrow. Other than that, I can't wait for the next Koff interview in which he'll equal his aggression with his utter bemusement.

"Cause I really don't know. Do we need the fighting game community, or is it the fighting game community that needs us?"
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

King vs. Okada for the rights to the robe or bust.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

WTF? Why has this show not go the same amount of hype as the G1 Special? Today, via this thread, is the first I've heard of it. I get it's connected to a gaming convention, but any show NJPW does in the U.S. should be considered major with them trying to crack into the U.S.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

supersonic wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:58 pm King vs. Okada for the rights to the robe or bust.
Koff: It's gonna be BRUTAL, it's gonna be EXTREME, and effing MAHVEL BAYBEE!
dhads7161 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:54 am WTF? Why has this show not go the same amount of hype as the G1 Special? Today, via this thread, is the first I've heard of it. I get it's connected to a gaming convention, but any show NJPW does in the U.S. should be considered major with them trying to crack into the U.S.
There's been a dearth of information. Until yesterday all we knew is that Kenny Omega and a few New Japan talent would at least have some representation during the weekend, to what extent we still don't really know. (More info drops today.) There's also been some low chatter about CEO x NJPW taking place on the same date as Best in the World.

The event seats 8,400 people. The record books may always have an asterisk on this event, but we'll always have 2018 as the year where at least four non-WWE shows draw over 5,000 fans. Pro-wres is the wildest business there is.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

What did NJPW draw for SSE? Wouldn't that be five shows that will draw over 5,000?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The show drew just short of 4,400. When I wrote that, I was actually under the impression that it did over 5k. The four I was referring to were SSE, SCOH, G1 Special, and All In, with CEO x NJPW as a giant question mark of an event.

In my head, the cross-promotion show would look something like . . . Axxess, which murks within a gray area between convention and wrestling performance.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

More talent announced for 6/29: Kota Ibushi and GOD.

Sounds like a press release will happen on Tuesday.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'm intrigued in the event and all, but I do need to ask why this topic is in the "General ROH Discussion" board when it literally thus far has nothing to do with ROH. Or is everything now New Japan related ROH related by proxy?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wilson wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:27 pm This is Stephen A. Smith levels of preposterous. Pro wrestling continues to to maximize its workrate in weirdness. Look for ROH to link up with OWL in the near future or something?

Anyway, courtesy of the game org's website:
http://ceogaming.org/njpw
Full Press Release on CEOxNJPW to be released Friday, April 27th at 5 pm EST. Follow @CEOGaming for New Japan Pro-Wrestling Star announcements leading up to Ticket Sales on Friday, May 4th.

Stay tuned for more details on the CEO x NJPW live wrestling show as we release them through @CEOGaming.
[Emphasis mine.] We should know more of the shape of the event tomorrow. Other than that, I can't wait for the next Koff interview in which he'll equal his aggression with his utter bemusement.

"Cause I really don't know. Do we need the fighting game community, or is it the fighting game community that needs us?"
I am more or less shocked at the weirdness of this too. This was an amusing post, Wilson. Agree with everything you said.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:53 am I'm intrigued in the event and all, but I do need to ask why this topic is in the "General ROH Discussion" board when it literally thus far has nothing to do with ROH. Or is everything now New Japan related ROH related by proxy?
It's a stretch, but there is an angle here where New Japan indirectly competes with ROH on June 29th.

I wanted to keep this here as details start coming out because it's a cool story that I think deserves to be in high-trafficked parts of the forum. I might move this next week once we find out more about it.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Isn't Best In the World in June 29?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:36 pm Isn't Best In the World in June 29?
Yes it is.