The EC f'n W thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

The EC f'n W thread

Post by famicommander »

I saw the WCW thread and noticed there isn't one for ECW, so I thought I'd make one.

I recently learned that WWE Network finally has almost all of the ECW video library, despite claims it was complete back when it was missing over 50+ hours.

So I'm going to subscribe and start watching from the beginning soon.

Who were some of your favorites?

What former ECW stars do you think were misused in WWE/WCW/TNA/ROH?

Are there any ECW stars you still think can go, and would like to see ROH use?

I've always marked for Rhino and Stevie Richards. I think both were amazing in ECW and both should have been used better elsewhere.

Rhino had a cup of coffee NWA-TNA World Title reign but beyond that never got a lot of love after ECW. His WWE run started off cool and then nothing really came of it.
famicommander

Re: The EC f'n W thread

Post by famicommander »

WWE Network is still missing TONS of stuff, after looking more into it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... iew_events

They don't have any of the supercards before Hardcore Heaven 1995.

A lot of matches and clips from those shows ended up being featured on various episodes of Hardcore TV, but the shows themselves aren't there.

They don't even have the show where Shane Douglas threw down the NWA title.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I've been watching the Hardcore TV episodes from 1995 with the extra time at home. It's a shame they couldn't hold onto Benoit, Malenko and Guerrero a little longer and have them make some of the ECW regulars more important work feuds and better matches against them. I'm almost up to where Austin shows up. I've seen the video before but never in context to the rest of the show.
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

Am I alone when I say ECW was grasping its straws when Steve Corino won the heavyweight title at November To Remember 2000?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Indynut wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:42 am Am I alone when I say ECW was grasping its straws when Steve Corino won the heavyweight title at November To Remember 2000?
Corino as champion was perfect, always thought Lynn's title run was unnecessary.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Picked up a few RF versions of the PPVs (second hand, didn't actually order from that man child nonce) and it's amazing how much better they are unedited compared to the butchering on the network.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:14 am Picked up a few RF versions of the PPVs (second hand, didn't actually order from that man child nonce) and it's amazing how much better they are unedited compared to the butchering on the network.
The half assed job WWE did with editing the music almost ruins the entire experience.
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:21 pm
Indynut wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:42 am Am I alone when I say ECW was grasping its straws when Steve Corino won the heavyweight title at November To Remember 2000?
Corino as champion was perfect, always thought Lynn's title run was unnecessary.
Lynn was champion was only done because Justin Credible insisted it was good for business. Lynn said that Paul Heyman never liked him.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Surprised that Heyman wasn't a Lynn fan. Shocking considering it was a match Lynn was half responsible for that he threw his first TNN taping away in favor of.