WWE United Kingdom Championship

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

WWE United Kingdom Championship

Post by cgstong »

So what do you guys think about this and all the stuff they put out there like announcing Nigel McGuinness as part of the commentary team
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Brada

Re: WWE United Kingdom Championship

Post by Brada »

I'm not sure I get this move from Nigel's perspective.

What do they do with him after the tournament? Do they find a way to implement him into the current product as a part of the announce team? I just don't see his style meshing well with "sports entertainment".
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Looks like Mark Andrews is done with TNA:
@WWE 6h6 hours ago
BREAKING NEWS: #MarkAndrews of Cardiff, Wales will compete in the 16-man tournament field at the @WWEUKCT, LIVE Jan. 14-15 on @WWENetwork.

Obviously this is a strong addition to the tournament.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I hate this whole thing personally. I see it as nothing more than shitting on UK Indies and the World of Sport revival, and it's a scary prospect that WWE can control indy wrestlers' bookings like they are for this.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I kinda think these is a cheap spin-off to the CWC, trying to create the same magic. I predict failure here.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:I hate this whole thing personally. I see it as nothing more than shitting on UK Indies and the World of Sport revival, and it's a scary prospect that WWE can control indy wrestlers' bookings like they are for this.
Oh it's going to get worse. We are seeing the beginning of the Global WWE territory system.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Their slogan can be....

"Putting a squash to an indy near you."
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:I hate this whole thing personally. I see it as nothing more than shitting on UK Indies and the World of Sport revival, and it's a scary prospect that WWE can control indy wrestlers' bookings like they are for this.
Oh it's going to get worse. We are seeing the beginning of the Global WWE territory system.
Pretty much. A lot of people seem to be hinting that 2017 will be significantly different from 2016. That being said, I don't think they're totally shitting on UK independents. As long as you don't try to grow beyond a certain point (like World of Sport & WCPW), then WWE won't even care. They're cool with places like PROGRESS & RevPro.
rovert

Post by rovert »

ROH, EVOLVE, WCPW etc do the same thing.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So here's the updated list of confirmed talents for the tournament, via WWE.com:

- Danny Burch (aka Martin Stone)
- Trent Seven
- H.C. Dyer
- Pete Dunne
- Wolfgang
- Jordan Devlin
- Sam Gradwell
- Tyler Bate
- James Drake
- Tucker
- T-Bone
- Joseph Connors
- Dan Moloney
- Roy Johnson
- Mark Andrews

That's fifteen, so I assume they'll add one more name from those who were at the original press conference, and the rest will be alternates.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

So Pete Dunne and Joseph Conners have been burn by this deal . I am sure there will be more negative fallout for the UK talents that signed these restrictive $ 19 ,000 deals.
Brada

Post by Brada »

is 19K really all they got?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

As far as the tournament goes, I thought Night 1 was fine for an introduction of all of the guys, but there weren't any matches that were worth seeing (aside from Tyler Bate vs. Tucker). Night 2 was fantastic, with some really good matches, a fun story told with Pete Dunne, and a fantastic main event. Tyler Bate winning was a bit of a surprise, but it was nonetheless very cool. The venue looked great, the crowd was great, and the commentary duo of Michael Cole & Nigel McGuinness was great. I thought that was one of Nigel's best performances as a commentator.

The whole situation with FloSlam is a little confusing to me, because WWE is pulling people from this IPW: UK show, but wasn't it reported recently that WWE was trying to work with FloSlam? I thought I heard that somewhere, but I guess that's changed. I guess this is what we're going to expect going forward. 2017 will be an interesting year.