Falling out of love with wrestling

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
dhads7161

Falling out of love with wrestling

Post by dhads7161 »

It's finally starting to happen to me. Never thought it would but lately I just don't get excited about it anymore. Went to a WWE house show in September and really just didn't have fun (rest of the crowd may have played a part in that as none of them would chant with me) even though I got to see AJ Styles as WWE Champion who I have been a fan of sinve 2002. It goes back to WrestleMania weekend this year too just didn't give me the goosebumps and butterflies it used to and that wad the biggest weekend of the wrestling year. What can/should I do to rekindle the love?
supersonic

Re: Falling out of love with wrestling

Post by supersonic »

Revisit ROH's golden age.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Maybe watch some of the matches that made you fall in love with it to begin with. The first matches you ever saw that made you go, holy fuck, this wrestling thing is awesome.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

jordidebaas wrote:Maybe watch some of the matches that made you fall in love with it to begin with. The first matches you ever saw that made you go, holy fuck, this wrestling thing is awesome.
On top of that, try to find matches you haven't seen that are just like those ones, as well.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

What's great about the age we live in is that we can literally access and watch wrestling from all around the country and all across the globe. Yes, WWE gets the most attention (as we all know), but there are plenty of other products out there that are easily accessible. This is literally one of the best times to be a wrestling fan, simply because there's never been this much product that's been so easily accessible. What's awesome as well is that there are tons of different promotions that appeal to a variety of different audiences who all enjoy different aspects of wrestling. I'm sure it's not totally true, but in today's wrestling world, there's really something for everyone. You just have to find it!

Plus, how can fall out of love with wrestling when Chris Hero is wrestling Tomohiro Ishii & Katsuyori Shibata this weekend? ;)
9 ball

Post by 9 ball »

To the OP I went through the same thing were what WWE was offering just wasn't cutting it & luckily this was around 2004 when we had the wrestling channel on sky here in the UK & they had contracts to show TNA Impact & ppvs & also ROH, it opened my eyes to how good wrestling can be & then when TNA went downhill I came back to ROH & haven't looked back.

So think about what is putting you off & search for promotions that incorporate the things you like, that's the best advice I can give. Hope it helps.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Since I came back to wrestling in 2012-13, I find it almost impossible to be invested in a promotion for more than a year.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Watch some old JCP , Portland or Memphis footage . That will snap you out of your funk.
Brada

Post by Brada »

80s Horsemen stuff, old Mid South stuff.....hit up the Network.....lots of good nostalgic stuff on there...
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I'd recommend taking a break for a few weeks.. when you return, try to stay away from forums, Reddit, and insider news sites and just watch the show as a fan and see how that goes
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I did get goosebumps watching Takeover last weekend. And Survivor Series had me reeled in. But Raw, SkackDown, NXT, Impact, and ROH weekly programs this week bored me to fucking death.