WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
icyhot

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by icyhot »

Montana wrote:I'm pumped up for DGUSA coming to Detroit in July. It's been a while since there has been a GOOD wrestling show in Detroit. I'd say it's pass due. I know it's early, but my money is on Alex Shelly making his DGUSA debut in Taylor, Michigan. I'm about ready to jump off the ROH bandwagon and onto the DGUSA one.
Right now I'm way more into their product than Sinclair's, just wish they'd run more shows and get caught up on releasing the DVDs.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Shelley vs. Tozawa would be brilliant.

I'd also recommend doing a GeNext vs. BloodGen homage match - the last time DG performed in Detroit.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Montana wrote:I'm pumped up for DGUSA coming to Detroit in July. It's been a while since there has been a GOOD wrestling show in Detroit. I'd say it's pass due. I know it's early, but my money is on Alex Shelly making his DGUSA debut in Taylor, Michigan. I'm about ready to jump off the ROH bandwagon and onto the DGUSA one.
YES YES YES!
First Im hearing of this. Awesome news
Devil

Post by Devil »

So happy that DGUSA is coming to Taylor.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

EVOLVE is coming to Jacksonville June 30. It's about 10 minutes from where I live, so I'm definitely going to be there. I can't wait.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
Manga4life

Post by Manga4life »

I'm getting into Dragon Gate USA pretty hard right now and have purchased their first 3 events and their last 3 events released on DVD. It's become my 3rd promotion behind ROH and WWE and I promised myself I'd only follow 3 promotions at a time, so I welcome it into my life with open arms.

So far I'm very impressed at the matches I've seen and the way their championship has been used in a respectful manor, it's definitely what I call a "protected" championship and a title that definitely is deserving as one of the Indy's top belts alongside the ROH World Championship.
http://www.Twitter.com/manga4life
Championships I recognize/follow
IWGP Heavyweight Championship
ROH World Championship
World Heavyweight Championship (since 2009)
WWE Championship (since 2009)
Thumbtack Matt

Post by Thumbtack Matt »

Anyone going to the Chicago show on 7/29? I'll be there front row with a few friends and I'm really looking forward to it. I loved their last two anniversary shows and I'm hoping for something special this time around, too.
Manga4life

Post by Manga4life »

I'd love for Dragon Gate USA to come to the Massachusetts area sometime in 2012 or 2013, same with ROH again since they show up around here fairly often.
ROH World Championship
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Yo Gabe - why the hell did it take Sal seven months to get the November tripleshot released on DVD?
musdy

Post by musdy »

No more Yoshino for the rest of the year.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

EVOLVE tonight and last night were really good.
Manga4life

Post by Manga4life »

icyhot wrote:EVOLVE tonight and last night were really good.
Any results? I really need to get caught up with DGUSA, I've been slacking and need to watch shows from late 2011 and early 2012, the last show I saw was one from earlier this year but I still have 3 DVD's that need to be watched.
ROH World Championship
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

Manga4life wrote:
Any results? I really need to get caught up with DGUSA, I've been slacking and need to watch shows from late 2011 and early 2012, the last show I saw was one from earlier this year but I still have 3 DVD's that need to be watched.
Here's a quick recap of the important stuff to happen. I haven't watched the matches, so I can't comment on how good they are.

Jon Davis and Bobby Fish both won their Styles battle matches, so tonight it will be them in the finals.

Tony Nese won a 4-way Thursday that involved Johnny Gargano, although he didn't pin Gargano. Nese challenged him to a match, which Gargano accepted. That match is tonight.

Speaking of Gargano, he retained the belt against Chuck Taylor. Tonight's match against Nese is non-title.

Samuray Del Sol and El Generico split two matches, which I've heard great things about.

I'm going to tonight's show, and I'm really excited to see these guys live. It should be a good show.
musdy

Post by musdy »

Nese is like 1-3 in Evolve and now he's getting a shot at the champ?? That's ridiculous.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

musdy wrote:Nese is like 1-3 in Evolve and now he's getting a shot at the champ?? That's ridiculous.
It was non title. Used the win in the 4 way and his jive talking to get the non title match tonight.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Manga4life wrote:
Copied from another board for ease of easiness:
Spoiler: show
EVOLVE 14 (6/28)
1. John Silver o. Jake Manning
2. EVOLVE Wins Leader Chuck Taylor o. Colt Cabana
3. The Scene of Scott Reed & Caleb Konley o. Mike Cruz & Cheech; The Scene earned their 3rd win and now tie with CHIKARA Sekigun as Tag Wins Leaders
4. Style Battle Tournament Round Robin Match #1: Jon Davis (Power Style) o. Tommy Taylor (European Style)
5. Style Battle Tournament Round Robin Match #2: Bobby Fish (Puro Jr. Hvt. Style) o. AR Fox (High-Flying)
6. Sara Del Rey o. Santana Garrett-Called out Jazz for SHINE
7. Four Way Freestyle Match (Non-Title): Tony Nese o. Alex Reynolds, Lince Dorado & Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano
8. El Generico o. Samuray Del Sol-
Top Rope Brainbuster
EVOLVE 15: Gargano vs. Taylor (6/29)
1. Tony Nese o. Mike Cruz-Spider German followed by 450
2. Style Battle Tournament: Bobby Fish o. Tommy Taylor
3. Style Battle Tournament: Jon Davis o. AR Fox
4. Lince Dorado o. Jake Manning, Caleb Konley , Scott Reed, Alex Reynolds & John Silver
5. Colt Cabana o. Cheech Hernandez
6. Samuray Del Sol o. El Generico -Top Rope Reverse Rana
7. Open the Freedom Gate Title Match: Johnny Gargano o. Chuck Taylor
-both men hit finishers but Gargano won after applying the Gargano escape.
Tonights results copied from myself from another board:
EVOLVE 16
Gargano out in street clothes. Says he's not cleared to wrestle. Here comes Tony Nese. Nese challenges Gargano. Gargano is going to wrestle regardless of not being cleared.
1. Scene over Kenny Kendrick and Damien Angel
2. ARFox over Tommy Taylor, gets challenged by Lince Dorado.
3. Fox over Dorado with Lo Mein Pain
4. Silver and Reynolds over Cheech and Cruz in a fun little spotfest
5. Jake Manning over Blaine Rage- Chuck Taylor in Man Scouts corner
6. Gargano over Nese-Really good match
7. Del Sol beats Chuck Taylorafter the reverse rana
8. Davis wins after his 2nd 3seconds around the world to beat Fish and win Style Battle-Hellava match
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Here's a quick recap of the important stuff to happen. I haven't watched the matches, so I can't comment on how good they are.

Jon Davis and Bobby Fish both won their Styles battle matches, so tonight it will be them in the finals.
Tommy Taylor was okay, his best match was with Fish. Fish/Fox and Davis/Fox were excellent matches. So was the Finals tonight.
Tony Nese won a 4-way Thursday that involved Johnny Gargano, although he didn't pin Gargano. Nese challenged him to a match, which Gargano accepted. That match is tonight.
Thought Nese looked really good overall for all three nights.

Samuray Del Sol and El Generico split two matches, which I've heard great things about.
Friday night was a slightly better match, but the crowd was better Thursday night. Well worth seeking out both matches in my opinion.
I'm going to tonight's show, and I'm really excited to see these guys live. It should be a good show.
Watching on iPPV I thought tonight's show was the weakest of the three, but please let me know how it came off live.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

icyhot wrote: Watching on iPPV I thought tonight's show was the weakest of the three, but please let me know how it came off live.
Last night was the weakest of the three? I have to see the first two nights then. Last night's show was amazing live. It's easily one of the best shows I've ever been to. There weren't a lot of fans there who knew who all the guys were, but the wrestlers really ignited and engaged the crowd in every match. AR Fox and Lince Dorado was my favorite match of the night, but it was just really awesome to see some of my favorite wrestlers in person for the first time. And that kid throwing punches at the Swamp Monster and Chuck Taylor was hilarious. I thought last night's show was great live, but the live experience is always different.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

ROHWorld_Jon wrote:
icyhot wrote: Watching on iPPV I thought tonight's show was the weakest of the three, but please let me know how it came off live.
Last night was the weakest of the three? I have to see the first two nights then. Last night's show was amazing live. It's easily one of the best shows I've ever been to. There weren't a lot of fans there who knew who all the guys were, but the wrestlers really ignited and engaged the crowd in every match. AR Fox and Lince Dorado was my favorite match of the night, but it was just really awesome to see some of my favorite wrestlers in person for the first time. And that kid throwing punches at the Swamp Monster and Chuck Taylor was hilarious. I thought last night's show was great live, but the live experience is always different.
Yeah you need to see the first two nights too (And if you haven't seen the North Carolina double shot, you need to see those too). Just wait on the Friday night show. I just checked and the On Demand is still is the same quality as it was live, as in very low quality due to poor internet at the building. Hopefully they will edit and put up a cleaner recording soon.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I see that Mr. Sapolsky gave up trying to shill his product here because he couldn't handle a few meanies despite his recent tweet about "taking the heat and wowing them."

No wonder nobody buys or talks about your fucking product - you're too much of a fucking bitch to get out there and make your potential customers aware of your product because you're such a failure at being a PR guy.