WWN/EVOLVE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Nigel LikesGuinness

Re: DGUSA/EVOLVE Thread

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

JSWO wrote:I might be in the minority, but I really want to see Jon Davis get a massive push. That guy is so good. Him vs. Ki could be off the charts.

Not on your own, liked him since I first saw him in DCFC
drmmawresperc

Post by drmmawresperc »

Gabe,

I know that when you are in ROH. ROH Glory by Honor was (or maybe still is) ROH's version of Wrestlemania. Will you ever do a similar thing with DGUSA. Have a "Big show" of the year. Kind of like a DGUSA's version of Wrestlemania?
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

drmmawresperc wrote:Gabe,

I know that when you are in ROH. ROH Glory by Honor was (or maybe still is) ROH's version of Wrestlemania. Will you ever do a similar thing with DGUSA. Have a "Big show" of the year. Kind of like a DGUSA's version of Wrestlemania?
Good question. I like to think of our anniversary show as the big year. 1st anniversary show had Bryan Danielson vs. Shingo in one of the best matches in company history and a loaded undercard. 2nd anniversary show last year had YAMATO vs. PAC for the title, which are two of the best going today and another stacked undercard.

Also, for everyone out there looking to try out our DVDs, which we take a lot of pride in producing, we are offering a spring cleaning sale at www.DGUSA.tv for a limited time. A lot of titles are marked down 40-50%. For those wanted to get into the series I recommend checking out the United shows. For you Davey Richards/ROH fans I recommend getting Fearless 2010 for two Davey vs. Mochizuki matches and Open The Freedom Gate for Davey vs. YAMATO. We also have EVOLVE 7 included with Jon Moxley in his last indy match before going to WWE as Dean Ambrose vs. Austin Aries and a bonus match of Moxley vs. Roderick Strong. Ambrose is making waves now and will be a huge star so this is a good chance to see what he is all about. Sorry for the shill, but I figured some of you might want to know.
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

That dude Alex Reynolds seems like he has a ton of potential.

I'd like to see more of him.
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

2 Gatz wrote:That dude Alex Reynolds seems like he has a ton of potential.

I'd like to see more of him.
Alex is on the May 11th & 12th North Carolina EVOLVE cards, which will be on live iPPV at WWNLive.com with 3 pricing options. We'll make sure he gets some good opportunities. He's also on the May 5th EVOLVE De Mayo party/show in Manhattan.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Since its not on iPPV, will the EVOLVE May 5th show be taped for DVD?
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

BREAKING NEWS: El Generico has just been confirmed for EVOLVE cards on May 11th in Charlotte, NC and May 12th in Concord, NC. Tickets for both events are now on sale at www.DGUSA.tv or by calling 267-519-9744. Both cards will be broadcast on worldwide live iPPV at www.WWNLive.com with three pricing options. You can pre-order now.

The addition of Generico has caused some lineup changes. May 12th in Concord, NC will now have El Generico vs. Sami Callihan.

Chuck Taylor, who was originally Callihan's opponent, will now be in a match to get into title contention. It will be Chuck Taylor vs. Jigsaw vs. AR Fox vs. Samuray Del Sol with the winner getting a shot at Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano later that night in Concord. We'll have much more on this next week.

We will have news about Generico's opponent for Charlotte this Monday at www.DGUSA.tv.

There were several other matches announced this week for both EVOLVE cards including Low Ki vs. Jigsaw for Charlotte and Low Ki vs. Jon Davis for Concord. We'll have the complete updated lineups by Monday.

DGUSA.tv has a huge weekly special. We have a lot of new DVDs coming in so we need to clear out some space in storage. This is good news for you because the Spring Cleaning Sale is now in effect. Here's some of the great deals:

-All three DGUSA United weekend DVDs are 40% off. See the entire tournament to crown the first DGUSA Tag Team Champions with several incredible, cutting edge bouts.

-Several DVDs are 50% off including DGUSA Open The Freedom Gate with the entire Open The Freedom Gate Title tournament, Fearless 2010 with two Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Davey Richards matches, Open The Ultimate Gate 2010 with The Young Bucks & Jack Evans vs. CIMA, Dragon Kid & Gamma, EVOLVE 7 with Austin Aries vs. Jon Moxley in Moxley's final independent match, plus many other titles. Please browse the DVD section of the Store for a complete listing.

-Lots of shirts and authentic items from Japan have been greatly reduced in price. This includes the DGUSA Fearless and Ronin Premium Shirts, which are now just $15. Rare collectables from Japan like shirts for Juniction III, Blood Warriors, Dragon Gate kid's shirt, Dragon Gate Towel, Dragon Gate Program, Open The Music Gate CD Set and Dragon Gate bags have also been marked down substantially.

Act now, all these deals are only good for a limited time. Please browse the www.DGUSA.tv Store for all the great deals.

Thank you for reading.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

I am so damn happy with Generico being added to these shows. El Generico vs. Sami Callihan should be awesome. Hell, Callihan vs Fox should be awesome. I really like Davis too and look forward to seeing him and Finlay and him and Low ki. Seeing Taylor, and Jigsaw, and Gargano live again too will be great. So excited to see these shows live. I'm so happy the top indys have noticed North Carolina in the last few years. We have been starving for high quality wrestling and not the local indy "Sit Down and Shut Up" stuff with dudes with thick southern accents claiming to be from Russia, or WWE, I really don't know which is worse.
Rooskie

Post by Rooskie »

I live in Charlotte, a comfy drive from both venues EVOLVE is running in May. Been a hardcore ROH fan since the beginning -- drove from Charlotte to Philly for the Crowning a Champion event. And the weekend the first real wrestling hits Charlotte in 2012 . . . I'm on vacation in Alaska. This is the one weekend all year I couldn't make the shows. Curse you, Gabe!!!!!!!! You did this on purpose!
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Ricochet/Generico in Charlotte. former PWG tag champs collide! NC weekend looking awesomer and awesomer.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

I don't really care for storylines, I'm just buying DVDs from various promotions, past and present.
However, being disappointed by ROH and others way too often, I only buy shows with women's matches of acceptable lenght. This may sound a bit discriminating towards the men, but there are so many all-men's promotions (like DGUSA) and even more all-men's shows - compared to the few all-women's events.

I'm not familiar with DGUSA/EVOLVE, except for the Mercedes Martinez vs Amazing Kong match that was bonus feature on a WSU DVD. The roster looks great, of course.
ROH had Sara Del Rey, so I think EVOLVE made an excellent choice to book Mercedes Martinez.

Mercedes Martinez against Brittney Savage or Tina San Antonio look promising. Mercedes can carry anybody to fantastic performances and
EVOLVE takes the emphasis off superficial entertainment aspects like elaborate ring entrances and undisciplined promos to put the spotlight solely on in ring action.
sounds good to me.

Provided they don't do it like ROH and give the women just 3 or 4 minutes.
I think I have all "acceptable" ROH DVDs that are still available.
Should I try EVOLVE or am I in for another disappointment?
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

I don't remember the last time Evolve had a woman's match.
Duke of Bridgewater

Martinez vs Kong was the last, I think.
Duke of Bridgewater

http://wrestlegasm.com/2011/07/21/no-al ... interview/
One side of the 2 main promotions which gets heavy criticism (and that we on the site have been more and more interested in) is the womens’ divisions. Where does Evolve stand on womens wrestlers? Are you fans of the more hard-hitting female wrestlers and intergender matches or would you prefer a more Diva/Knockout style division?
There are plenty of very talented women wrestlers out there and we have featured them in the past in EVOLVE, particularly Mercedes Martinez, who put on some dominating performances on the early EVOLVE shows.
Don't sing it, bring it!
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

Duke of Bridgewater wrote:I don't really care for storylines, I'm just buying DVDs from various promotions, past and present.
However, being disappointed by ROH and others way too often, I only buy shows with women's matches of acceptable lenght. This may sound a bit discriminating towards the men, but there are so many all-men's promotions (like DGUSA) and even more all-men's shows - compared to the few all-women's events.

I'm not familiar with DGUSA/EVOLVE, except for the Mercedes Martinez vs Amazing Kong match that was bonus feature on a WSU DVD. The roster looks great, of course.
ROH had Sara Del Rey, so I think EVOLVE made an excellent choice to book Mercedes Martinez.

Mercedes Martinez against Brittney Savage or Tina San Antonio look promising. Mercedes can carry anybody to fantastic performances and
EVOLVE takes the emphasis off superficial entertainment aspects like elaborate ring entrances and undisciplined promos to put the spotlight solely on in ring action.
sounds good to me.

Provided they don't do it like ROH and give the women just 3 or 4 minutes.
I think I have all "acceptable" ROH DVDs that are still available.
Should I try EVOLVE or am I in for another disappointment?
If you are going to buy Evolve dvds for the sole purpose of seeing long and competitive women's matches then you will definitely be disappointed. If I recall, Martinez totally dominated her oppenents and beat them fairly quickly until she met Kong, which ended somewhat disappointingly in a DQ finish.

I do think though that both Evolve and DGUSA are well worth exploring. The standard of wrestling is really high. You just have to get over the mindset that all promotions are going to feature womens matches in the way that you wish. As a huge fan of Japanese Women's wrestling from the 90's (AJW) I think your loyalty to women's wrestling is commendable. However you are truly going to miss out on some great shows if you only stick to cards that have lengthy women's matches.

If you want some recommendations regarding womens matches then i am sure you already know about Shimmer dvds. There is a WSU dvd called "Marinez vs Orsini: Putting WSU on the map" which features a 70 minute match between Mercedes martinez and Angel Orsini (as well as a number of their other matches) which might be very much to your liking. Chikara regularly features Sara Del Rey in matches against the men where she more than holds her own. They have also flown in Manami Toyota for a few shows, and had a tripleshot weekend called JoshiMania almost totally given over to womens matches. Lastly Highspots have 3 dvd compilations of Manami Toyota matches (5 disks each running to 15 disks in total) that features some of the greatest womens matches of all time.

Sorry to go off topic. I know this is the DGUSA/Evolve thread. As I buy all their dvds then I think I can count myself a big fan of both promotions.
Duke of Bridgewater

Thanks for the recommendations.

I don't "need" the women's matches of EVOLVE, ROH and other mixed promotions, since I have a complete Shimmer collection, Joshimania, a lot of WSU, Best of IWA-MS women's division, etc.

But the women are the wrestlers I'm most familiar with. They are the big names that put my butt into the seat. I know how good they are and I expect from a booker to use the skill of everybody on the roster (male and female) right.

There are so many good wrestling DVDs available that I have to pick and choose. The way they handle the women's division is a point that makes the difference.
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

The EVOLVE shows on May 11th in Charlotte, NC and May 12th in Concord, NC keep getting bigger and better!

El Generico was just added last Friday and his match vs. Sami Callihan for May 12th in Concord, NC was announced.

Ricochet is now confirmed for these events and he will be in one of the main events on May 11th. His match for May 12th will be determined soon.

Tickets for both events are now on sale in the www.DGUSA.tv Store. You can pre-order the live iPPVs at www.WWNLive.com with three pricing options.

It will be El Generico vs. Ricochet on May 11th in Charlotte. This one pits two of the most exciting, innovative and athletic wrestlers going today!!! EVOLVE 12 is absolutely loaded. Here's the current lineup:

EVOLVE 12
May 11th, 2012
Belltime: 8pm
Metrolina Tradeshow Expo
Building A
7100 Statesville Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28269

Tickets are now on sale in the www.DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744. Please note that all tickets are reduced by $5 if you buy in advance.

Main Event #1 - Evolution's End
AR Fox (2-1) vs. Sami Callihan (3-4)

Main Event #2 - Bonus Main Event
Ricochet (3-2) vs. El Generico (0-1)

Main Event #3 - The Challenge Has Been Answered
Fit Finlay (2-0) vs. Jon Davis (1-1)

Battle Of The Undefeated
Low Ki (2-0) vs. Jigsaw (1-0)

Pick Your Partner Tag Team Match
Johnny Gargano & Samuray Del Sol vs. Chuck Taylor & Silas Young

Plus More To Be Signed With:
-Alex Reynolds (1-0)
-Bobby Fish (3-4)
-Mike Cruz (0-0)
-Jake Manning (0-0)
-Caleb Konley of The Scene
-Plus many others to be announced!
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Gabe, do you think DGUSA will ever get another PPV deal?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Why "Evolution's End"?
Looks like a great show. Fox - Sami can be a great one, and Ki-Jig & Davis-Finlay sounds good too.
MOOSE!
Gabe
Verified
Verified

Post by Gabe »

EVOLVE wrestling returns to action with its first doubleshot weekend ever. EVOLVE will be in Charlotte, NC on May 11th and Concord, NC on May 12th. Tickets for both events are still on sale at www.DGUSA.tv or by calling 267-519-9744. There will also be tickets available at the door for both events. We have updated lineups and more.

This Friday and this Saturday's cards will be broadcast on worldwide live iPPV at www.WWNLive.com starting at 8pm EST. on each night. WWNLive.com has introduced a three tier pricing plan, which starts at just $9.99, so the iPPVs can fit in your budget. You can order both iPPVs now.

If you want to make money make sure to check out the www.WWNLive.com Affiliate Program. There is no risk and anyone can do it. Go to the site for all the details.

Both EVOLVE cards are absolutely loaded as veterans Fit Finlay, Low Ki and El Generico join the EVOLVE homegrown roster of today's new stars like Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano, Ricochet, Sami Callihan, AR Fox, Chuck Taylor, Jon Davis and many others. The result is two nights of exciting, fresh and potentially awesome matches.

There are five potential main events that can go in the show title for this Friday's event. EVOLVE will let the fans vote on the best match after the event at www.DGUSA.tv and the winning match will go in the show title. Here's the complete lineup:

EVOLVE 12: To Be Voted On By The Fans
May 11th, 2012
Metrolina Tradeshow Expo
Building A
7100 Statesville Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28269

Tickets are now on sale in the www.DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744. Please note that all tickets are reduced by $5 if you buy in advance. Tickets will also be available at the door on the night of the event.
Potential Main Event #1 - Evolution's End (EVOLVE Rules Inside The Ring, Anything Goes Outside The Ring)
AR Fox (2-1) vs. Sami Callihan (3-4)

Potential Main Event #2
Ricochet (3-2) vs. El Generico (0-1)

Potential Main Event #3
Fit Finlay (2-0) vs. Jon Davis (1-1)

Potential Main Event #4
Low Ki (2-0) vs. Jigsaw (1-0)

Potential Main Event #5
Johnny Gargano & Samuray Del Sol vs. Chuck Taylor & Silas Young

Bonus Match
Alex Reynolds (1-0) vs. Mike Cruz (0-0)

One Fall Three Way Match
Caleb Konley (1-1) with Jonny Fairplay vs. Jake Manning (0-0) vs. Adam Page (0-1)

Fit Finlay will be available for pictures and autographs!!!

EVOLVE will then bring a star making opportunity to Concord, NC this Saturday with a huge Open The Freedom Gate Title Match. Here's the info:

EVOLVE 13: Gargano vs. ???
May 12th, 2012
Cabarrus Arena
4751 US Highway 49 North
Concord, NC 28025

Tickets are now on sale in the www.DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744. Please note that all tickets are reduced by $5 if you buy in advance. Tickets will also be available at the door on the night of the show.

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. winner of Four-Way Match

Four-Way Match - Winner Gets Title Match That Night
Ricochet (3-2) vs. AR Fox (2-1) vs. Jigsaw (1-0) vs. Samuray Del Sol (0-1)

Bonus Main Event
Sami Callihan (3-4) vs. El Generico (0-1)

Special Challenge Match
Low Ki (2-0) vs. Jon Davis (1-1)

Plus more to be signed with:
-Chuck Taylor (7-3)
-Silas Young (3-1)
-Alex Reynolds (1-0)
-Mike Cruz (0-0)
-Caleb Konley (1-1) with Jonny Fairplay
-Jake Manning (0-0)
-Kyle Matthews (0-1)
-Adam Page (0-1)
-Plus many others to be announced!

There will be more matches announced for this card at www.Twitter.com/BookItGabe after Friday's Charlotte event.

-Thank you for reading.